Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2014, 07:22 AM   #57

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
my original carburetor is missing some piece of linkage for my choke to work properly, I was told this by the guy that I had working on it, he was too busy last summer to hardly do anything for me, any ideas from you learned motorheads out there with carburetor knowledge what it, is or where I can find this piece, I have no idea why someone would remove this piece
I have a couple of older Rochesters- What piece do you need ?
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2014, 07:41 AM   #58
bap

i love those seats, they look great,,,,as is ur whole project..
i all to well understand not being able to do like i use to,,,after 2 broken backs,,upper and lower,,,,but its my hands that are the worse,,,,they just dont do what i tell them to do anymore,,,,,lol...oh well just do what we can do...lol
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 04:20 AM   #59

not quite sure yet, I have yet to go take pictures, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA225 View Post
I have a couple of older Rochesters- What piece do you need ?
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 04:22 AM   #60

thanks so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
i love those seats, they look great,,,,as is ur whole project..
i all to well understand not being able to do like i use to,,,after 2 broken backs,,upper and lower,,,,but its my hands that are the worse,,,,they just dont do what i tell them to do anymore,,,,,lol...oh well just do what we can do...lol
Old 01-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #61

jack knife couch

was going to order a jack knife couch from CW this morning, called them and their flyer was confusing to me, I thought it was offering shipping for 79.00, but of course I was wrong, AGAIN, It is 400.00 freight, and 79.00 installation, I don't need installation, they will not even ship to their store here in californication even though they have a warehouse here so I could pick it up at the store, REALLY, NO REALLY,,,
not liking CW much right now, I went down to one of their new stores in fresno a few weeks ago, and was not real impressed at what they had, hummmmm, seems I am going to have to look into buying a house hold couch and building base to attach it to, I am still wondering, has anyone used a household couch before, I am sure it would not be that bad of a install, what you all think,,,
Old 01-04-2015, 02:22 PM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a Lazy Boy reclining love seat and a Lazy Boy reclining chair in our 5er. Work exceptionally well. I have a sheet of 3/4 plywood under the love seat. Drilled holes to accommodate the metal feet.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:27 AM   #63

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hammer55,

Just found this thread and admire those of you with the skill set to do this type of remodel. I can do papering, sewing and some upholstery and have the tools to do so, but I think most of this would be above me.

I look forward to seeing your finished rig. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:39 AM   #64

nope, it does not take very much knowledge, if you can read a tape measure and use a straight edge and a utility knife, your in

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Hammer55,

Just found this thread and admire those of you with the skill set to do this type of remodel. I can do papering, sewing and some upholstery and have the tools to do so, but I think most of this would be above me.

I look forward to seeing your finished rig. Lynne
Old 01-15-2015, 11:43 AM   #65

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
nope, it does not take very much knowledge, if you can read a tape measure and use a straight edge and a utility knife, your in
And some patience.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:17 AM   #66

wow,

I offered for my daughter(who loves camping) to use the winne if she helped me where I can't get too, and her daughters husband also, I have bought all the tape for the roof and new window seal because I would like to get it all resealed before summer gets here, this was about a month ago, she jumped at the chance and said yes, haven't heard nothing from them about coming over, dam, If I was in their shoes 30 years ago I would have been over there that same day, asking and taking notes on what had to be done, and driving it home the next day with all the work done, I guess it might not be good enough, oh well,
Old 03-06-2015, 07:25 AM   #67

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club

Maybe call her and tell her you have all the materials and I bet it will jog her memory. I too would have been there before you could hang up the Phone...LOL
Boy I bet the weather out there is warmer than here. I can come out and give a hand.
Hope you get the call.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:39 AM   #68

it is nice here, and thanks for the offer sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post

Maybe call her and tell her you have all the materials and I bet it will jog her memory. I too would have been there before you could hang up the Phone...LOL
Boy I bet the weather out there is warmer than here. I can come out and give a hand.
Hope you get the call.
Tim
Old 03-07-2015, 01:15 PM   #69

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I offered for my daughter(who loves camping) to use the winne if she helped me where I can't get too, and her daughters husband also, I have bought all the tape for the roof and new window seal because I would like to get it all resealed before summer gets here, this was about a month ago, she jumped at the chance and said yes, haven't heard nothing from them about coming over, dam, If I was in their shoes 30 years ago I would have been over there that same day, asking and taking notes on what had to be done, and driving it home the next day with all the work done, I guess it might not be good enough, oh well,
Welcome to my world. The daughter and husband wanted to garden with us. We have a large area and I suggested they could have a spot. But they wanted to share.

Well - long story short. They came over to help plant (late) and that was the last I saw them in the garden until it was time to pick. I did all of the weeding, etc. They would come over to visit but never mention the garden until we said it was starting to come on.

Even at the end they would have prefered we harvest, clean and preserve the produce.

That was the last year.

Now I grow what I want. I offer them some in the fall. Generally the neighbour takes it.

Go figure. And they complain that they cannot get good food and it is too expensive.

Tags
upgrade