Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #127

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, They finished the testing. It a baby Ulcer! and in my esophagus. My acid reflux has made a little hole and bleeds and that is why sometimes
I was getting some old Dead type blood in my mouth and spit in the morning when I wake up and in the other end too! No cancer and they took 7 polyps from the colon. two were what they call pre cancer which means I got it before it turned into cancer. New screening in two years! Now the change in med and dose and all should be ok. Still looking for the things I need to finish the trailer. So I will talk with you later, Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:07 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
Well, They finished the testing. It a baby Ulcer! and in my esophagus. My acid reflux has made a little hole and bleeds and that is why sometimes
I was getting some old Dead type blood in my mouth and spit in the morning when I wake up and in the other end too! No cancer and they took 7 polyps from the colon. two were what they call pre cancer which means I got it before it turned into cancer. New screening in two years! Now the change in med and dose and all should be ok. Still looking for the things I need to finish the trailer. So I will talk with you later, Dan

I tell ya this.It is good you test good.But from what I think I know,years ago you eate,smoked,drank,and breathed whatever you wanted and cancer was not as much of a factor.And the meds you took didn't need warnings shown on TV either.Now the answer is screenig to catch cancer early.Seems to me backwards.The foods you eat should be safe,the smoking shouldn't need the addives that create cancer,the drinks should be ok too,the air should be safe as well,and aleast the meds that cost way too much should be aleast the last safe haven you can take.Seem the FDA has been sleeping on the job for a very long,long,time.You should follow thru with your screening Dan,that is important.Just ticks me off us older folks have to fight so hard to just to enjoy our elder yrs which we worked so hard for.And yes I know this doesn't change anything aside from allowing me to vent alittle.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #129

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yepper, Know what you mean. You work till you can't and then you are to broken up to enjoy much of anything. Maybe I can get somewhat back to being able to work on the rv and the truck or now the new trailer for the truck. I haven't fished in 6 years!!! I like to fly rockets..Big rockets!!! They are all boxed in the storage shed and up until about last year I hadn't seen them for a few years!! I saw the launch pad and boxes of Body tubes and balsa wood for structure and basswood and Plastic parts and decals...The list never ends.There is one box with parachutes some that are over 4-5 feet in diameter.Same material as the chutes you would use for larger chutes. i have almost all scale models and few kit based models the bigger are in the 6 foot class and use G or H engines. 25-30 bucks a engine!! I have a field box with severial sizes and... The last time I worked on a model was 11 years ago in this Motorhome, but you know how it goes, travel and family take you away from your fun. i want to go down to the storage shed and really check it out!! Not doing much here as I have been under the weather. Not the flu but stomach. I have made so many changes to my diet for the ulcer, that I have gone to liquids mostly. Everything else gives me gas and HEARTBURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I ate a whole tree of red hot peppers!!!! And they don't come on trees! Anyway you hang in there, and you should be ready to swap the engines I think you said. A V-8 in a Astro?? I thought they only put 4.3 V-6's in those?? Good luck, Lorna told me that the weather is getting warmer down where shes at but they were going to get I think rain this weekend. hang in there, Dan
Old 03-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #130

Well folks I am going to make another try to pick up a donor V8 Astro for the power train for my 1985 Astro "Ole Yellar" high top van.Nope,GM never put in a TBI 350 in Astros.There are all kinds of kits to do this thro and I didn't want to do all the work for the V8 conversion,so I bought one with all the work in it and I am just going to swap it into my Ole Yellar.It is now in Cinnci thanks to a member of a web astro site I am a part of.(He moved it from Evansville In to his house saving me 6 hrs on the road round trip.)going to dolly tow it home with pulling the driveshaft.So after some work on my 1994 LT astro on Friday,I will be leaving Rochester NY to go to get it.This is really a second try where the LT(now nick named ("Old Christine") gave me some trouble and I had to return home.I have dolly towed with the LT before when I towed home Ole Yellar from Bristle Tn.Keep your toes,fingers,arms,legs,crossed for a good trip.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #131

Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Luck buddy,
Old 03-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #132

Got the two idler arms and one tie-rod replaced on my 1994 LT Astro which is the tow van to get my donor van out of Cinni and back to Rochester NY.Now the drivers rear brake is hanging up.Gezzzz.Pulls hard to the driver's side when cold,got it up on a lift and found the driver's side turns harder than the passenger side,the primary shoe is worn towards the bottom,yet the other shoe is fine,don't ever use the e-brake,so that isn't the problem,drifts to the left while driving and putting on the brake,all the springs are intact.Not sure why it is doing this.What next with this van??????.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:31 PM   #133

Vintage RV Owners Club
The drivers side is adjusted tighter than the passenger side. That has to be it.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #134

I wish it was that simple.Had to have it flatbeded out of the driveway today because driver's side rear locked right up.Two days ago we had the brake drum off and all the springs looked ok.Now they can't get to it until Monday.Will update once we have more info.Yeah,ruined the trip to Ohio.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:28 PM   #135

Vintage RV Owners Club
The only thing I can think of is water in the brake fluid!! It froze in the wheel cyclinder and won't let the brake release so it is always on! brake fluid will suck up any moisture it can and then with you neck of the woods the cold has froze it up where ever it was.If they put your van inside and let it thaw out then have them flush the brake fluid it should be ok.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:54 PM   #136

Broken return spring(two days ago was fine,must have been weaken from heat)out of round drum(from being hung up),new shoes,wheel cyclinder(wasn't going back as it should),flushed total brake lines,lubed backing plate on shoes contact points.Still just replaced broken parts and worn parts and never found out really why.grrrrrr.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:27 PM   #137

Well as I was doing a search for MH junk yards
thru WWW.dogpile.com I was led to a number of listings on Yahoo and I was suprized to find parts of this thread that ref'ed back to iRV2 web site.I guess I feel good that the thread was good enough to be posted as a ref's to this great RV site.Now-LOL I guess I got to be careful what I say.

Gary
Old 04-03-2008, 03:22 PM   #138

Well starting on Friday 4/04/08 the work begins again.WHO HAAAAA.So I will continue to scrape off the remaining blueboard and look to cut in the add-on's for the roof.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION AGAIN!!!!!.

Gar
Old 04-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #139

Vintage RV Owners Club
Way to go Buddy!!! You will get it all done yet!!
Old 04-10-2008, 03:22 PM   #140

Well I have said it before and I will say it again-this scraping the ceiling is slow going.All the yrs the glue has had to set up makes it stick very hard.The blueboard acts like a sponge on one side and on the other rotts the 1/4 luan.I am now even with the side door for the most part.I had to take apart the frig vent to get to the ceiling there which is fine because I would have to rebuild it anyways due to a larger updated frig.Dan and Lorna-in acouple of wks I hope to purchase a camera so I can post pictures of what I am talking about.Got to revisit looking for a usb port on this old windows 98se puter.If I rememeber it it does have one,but I am not getting on the floor tonight to look.Too sore from working.After I finshed with the ceiling,I need to remove the rear fiberglass end pcs that have the tailights mounted on it.I see that the roof skin is loose there and I have to take a look at that to reattach that and reseal that as well.Well I am back on the job now.I will travel to Cinni Ohio on Monday to dolly back my V8 donor Astro van for the power train for Ole Yellar.So I am going to lose two days doing that.I towed my vendor trailer back home to send that to have some fab work done on it at the welders.Now it is just hard work and the summer to get-er done standing in the way of me and wintering in Atl Ga.Just one last push.Mayge need to get spot lights and do some night work too.