Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #141

This is the donor Astro van which has a low mileage crate TBI 350 swaped into it.I will attempt to dolly tow it back from Cinni to Roch on Monday.The engine/ tranny(after we rebuild the tranny)will be installed in Ole Yellar.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2008, 08:31 PM   #142

Well After alittle short of a 1,100 mile round trip I am back home.Too beat to get into details right now,but I will post later.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #143

Had a pretty good work day today on scraping off the ceiling today.I got it down to about 1/16th of it to do.My next step will be to do the cut-outs for a skylight over the bathroom and a fantanic vent.I left material around the roof A/C to hold that in place until I am ready to do the resealing on the roof and around the crank for the TV anntena.I found another area that was rotten near the drivers seat.All and all I am glad I did this to make it easier to I.D. problem areas on the roof.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #144

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sounds like you are getting a handle on that baby!!!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:46 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally posted by Wallaby Dan:
Sounds like you are getting a handle on that baby!!!
And the whole time Baby was trying to kick me in unprintable places.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:16 PM   #146

But it's better to fix it right than to just patch at it and end up with a bigger (and more costly) mess not too far in the future. And it's a little difficult to make repairs in a campground (so many frown on it). That's why we are taking the time this summer to finish working on our Class C while it's parked here at my Mom's. And we are upgrading a few things that are needed for our big trip out to NM (like holding tanks and insulation!!... and insulated holding tanks ). If the weather holds out being nice, I'm hoping to get the cherry flooring planed down this week. We have a small stockpile of unfinished #1 cherry flooring that will just cover the floor. But it's too thick and heavy, so we have to run it thru the planer to make it loose a little weight. And I have to rework one of my knock-down storage boxes that I built into an insulated box for my water filters (unfortunately it's the big box not the little box). The temporary box that I duct taped together this past winter won't last too much longer (Red Green would have been proud!). So much to do.... so little time! :P
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #147

Vintage RV Owners Club
I think somewhere there is a plan to undermine progress!! Its one froward and two back...
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:54 AM   #148

Glad to see you are back at it. I hope you have good luck and weather to finish up quickly.

I know how bad weather can really set you back. if I had had typical weather around here I would have been working about a month sooner than I did.

Freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:55 PM   #149

Yes I am going to back at it on Sunday.All details to finshing scraping the ceiling which I feel was the worst part of the job.I am smelling finsh line on that now.As I said before Grrrrrrrrr-get er done,get er done,look out here comes old Gar.Who-ha.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:56 PM   #150

I am not sure how I missed not posting the Winnebago drawings of baby.So here they are:

Old 05-08-2008, 06:08 PM   #151

Quote:
1981 Winnebago warrior(Baby)
1985 Astro high top(Ole Yellar)
Soon to get a TBI 350 SB
1994 Astro (the LT )
12'dual wheel trailer(the big show)
5x8 vendor trailer (the vendor trailer)

I just want to know HOW you are going to get all that down to Atlanta???? The logistics of the move have me... interested.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:14 AM   #152

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1981 Winnebago warrior(Baby)
Soon to get a TBI 350 SB
1994 Astro (the LT )

I just want to know HOW you are going to get all that down to Atlanta???? The logistics of the move have me... interested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lorna,
Like I seem to do everything else.The hard way.Tow Ole Yellar down with the RV and then ferry tow each trailer to there with Ole Yellar.By then I just hope the gas pricing has gotten resoloved.$$$$$$$$$
Old 05-12-2008, 04:16 AM   #153

Quote:
Originally posted by fleamarketer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lorna:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1981 Winnebago warrior(Baby)
Soon to get a TBI 350 SB
1994 Astro (the LT )

I just want to know HOW you are going to get all that down to Atlanta???? The logistics of the move have me... interested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lorna,
Like I seem to do everything else.The hard way.Tow Ole Yellar down with the RV and then ferry tow each trailer to there with Ole Yellar.By then I just hope the gas pricing has gotten resoloved.$$$$$$$$$ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>BTW-by then the LT would have been sold off.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:09 PM   #154

Have you thought about hiring someone to drive a van & trailer down while you drive the Rv and a trailer down? Then send them back by some other means (plane, train or bus?). Would it be cheaper than the gas?