Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #155

Hummm,
Maybe I should consider a girlfriend.Naaaa,that would end up costing more than the gas.LOL

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #156

Vintage RV Owners Club
Not!!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #157

David suggested that you drive the RV down with one trailer in tow. Take the bus back and pick up your van with the other trailer.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna:
David suggested that you drive the RV down with one trailer in tow. Take the bus back and pick up your van with the other trailer.
Yes,it might very well work out that way.

Right now I am kind of depressed because Baby is hung up at a repair shop and nothing is getting done.I'm going there on Sat to raise H.ll with them.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:33 PM   #159

Vintage RV Owners Club
When was it supposed to be done?? Hope they aren't as slow as the ones who did our coach!!
Old 05-15-2008, 02:46 AM   #160

It was all minor stuff like a replacement battery for the engine that I bought,new trim lights,longer + cable for the egnie battery,new - cable for the same,move the second house battery to where I wanted it to begin with,NYS inspection sticker,one headlight,replace a hose that is on the tranny cooler that rotted in only one yr.It's been there since Nov and still not a dang thing done except the repair shop got the new battery and it is setting in their office.I got this thing booked for a camping date at the end of June and it is now looking like I am going to have to cancell.Man that is depressing.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:22 PM   #161

Vintage RV Owners Club
Report them to the better business bureau!!!!! In a heartbeat I would!!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #162

I would tell them they have 1 week to FINSH and then go get your stuff. OR, go get your stuff NOW!
Old 05-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #163

Well I ended up cancelling my resv's for Lake Bluff 5/27 to 6/7.Grrrrrrr.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #164

Vintage RV Owners Club
That sucks!!! Did you tell them that???? Tell them you had a dime waiting on a buck!!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #165

Everything is going sooooo wrong.The pressure to move to Atlanta Ga much earlier than I wanted to because of the raise of gas pricing.Being hung-up with minor details of the RV keeping me from finshing the roof.Man oh man,what next????.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #166

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gary, Don't ever ask the "whats next" question!!!
Right about the time you ask that question, All heck breaks loose!!!!!
As for the price of fuel...No comment!!! I would like to keep this thread below PG13!!!! Sorry...
Old 05-31-2008, 03:38 PM   #167

Friday the 30th,
Went to the repair shop that has"Baby" to find they installed the new L.E.D. trims lights,replace the motor battery with a new interstate battery free,found a heat shield the had rusted off and was shorting out the starter,new headlight,NYS inspection done,and still needing to move one of the batteries to above the drivers side wheel well,and get a estimate to repair the dash A/C.Grrrrr.Been there since Nov and still not done.Well gave him one wk to finsh.We'll see.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:47 PM   #168

Well,
Dash A/C is going to cost from $350 to $500 to repair.The compressor is bad and hard to get parts for given it is so old.I'm not done with the talking with them as to the cause of the bad compressor yet.They installed a tranny cooler by running the plastic ties through evaportor and I am saying it caused the evaportor to leak and then caused the compressor to go bad.They claim what I am seeing is the cooler leaking and they are going to replace the cooler and rubber lines for free.I used to trust this place and the owner claims to be a old friend.We'll see after the reapir is done what kind of friend he really is.Grrrrrrrrr.

Oh yeah-When I first got this RV I had them rebuild the carb.Old Quid-a-dump carb and from time to time it diesels when you shutdown the engine.(only 40,000 real miles on this unit)I thought the cruise worked before hand and now it doesn't.Told them to look at that too.I really should look into a Edelbrock to replace the carb.