Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:51 AM   #169
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Fleamarketer, sorry to here of your problems. With the are of your unit, it is not rally fair to blame the fellow that installed the tranny cooler for the problem with your CONDENSER (not evaporator) leaking. The plastic ties is a normal way to install the cooler. Only if they really messed up the install, could it have hurt the condenser. I have installed several of them by clamping to the condenser wit hthe plastic ties.

A simple leak would not immediately cause the compressor to go bad unless you continued to operate the compressor when it was not cooling. A compressor that age could have been run dry and low on oil before you got the coach and had previous damage.

The 70 and 80 vintaqge carb fed engines had a common problem with dieseling. If the anti-diesel solenoid in not wirking or set correctly, you will occassionally get some dieseling.

Hope you get everything fixed ...

ken

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2008, 03:58 AM   #170

I have been reading along here and I agree I think you are getting a hose job. sucks that a "friend" would do that.

I hope you get everything worked out. I know how frustrating it is to have to cancel plans when you have your heart set on going someplace. I have had to do that twice so far and hope I don't have to again.

Good luck.

Freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:47 PM   #171

Do I dare to post about my RV giving my luck on Friday the 13th.Naaaaa,talk to you guys and gals later.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #172

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ahh,Go ahead!!! Come on buddy!!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:54 PM   #173

Dan,
Are you the type of person who would poke at a snake with a stick? Some things you just don't mess with.

It took YEARS for David to leave the house on a Friday the 13th. He was in a wreck on a Friday 13th. David survived. His friend didn't.

But then I don't ride Ferris wheels... they consistently breakdown... with me at the top. I have NEVER ridden a Ferris wheel that didn't breakdown... with me at the top. Actually it's always just slight forward of the top so that I'm hanging out there with absolutely nothing between me and the ground... and it's amazing how often I'm sitting up there watching a storm approach. Shortly after we first met, David insisted on us going on a Ferris wheel once. After sitting at the top of the wheel for 30 minutes, David never wanted to get on one with me again... but it was interesting to watch the approaching storm.

Some things you just don't mess with.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:33 PM   #174

Vintage RV Owners Club
I don't poke snakes unless they are getting ready to die!!! I have killed 2 last year that way but the other ones I just shot!!! I don't go out of my way to kill one of them unless they want to come right in and stay....

As to the Friday the 13th, Don't really beleave in it!! I have often had good luck on those days!! Bring them on!!!!

Now ask why the A/C died the day after Friday the 13th?????

Remind me to tell ya about one or two trips on a ferris wheel.... Wanta ask who got regurgitated on to?????

I love to ride Ferris wheels and Roller coasters and the whip!!! And any of the water rides!!!!!!!!
One thing,....Don't let me have more than a six pack before the ride!!
Old 06-30-2008, 11:35 AM   #175

Vintage RV Owners Club
OK, Hows it going?? Did you get baby back yet?
Old 07-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #176

Nope-the repair shop looked at the compressor for the dash A/C on Sunday to realize they had the wrong one.(yeah that was after they had it on hand for almost a month.)While I was there on Monday,they had a parts place trying to guess which current on would fit.So I spent about 15 mins on the net to find a company that sells a direct replacement.I am going to the repair shop tomorrow to give them the info and stand there while they order it.You would think that since they have had my RV since NOV,that by now they could have spent the same 15 mins on the net.GRRRRRRR.Again-GRRRRRRR.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:59 PM   #177

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gary, I'm sorry buddy, You need to wake them up and rattle their brains like I did!! When you park your stuff in the rv and act like you live there, Maybe they will take a hint??? Make sure that the plug you in and have water and sewer!!!!!
When we started to move back in to our home they finished it real quick like!!!!
I guess all in all they did a great job, and we have a great roof and floor and bathroom and awning but it took about what,four months to do it??? Now i still have the kitchen to finish...yet!!! And we have been in our home, what..around 9 months, and i still need to finish the kitchen...yet?? I would say i am slower!!
There is another old saying about when you get to the end of your rope, Tie a knot and hang on!!! Good luck and will catch you on the flip, Dan
Old 07-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #178

This is Baby:

Old 07-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #179

Well here is what I am considering.Baby is a 1981 with 40,000 miles.I has a Q-jet carb on a 350 with a 400 tranny.I know of a 1997 crash truck(a rollover)that has a Vortec 350 with a O/D tranny and the wiring harness and computer.
The Vortec would have alot more torque/hp and posiblilty better gas mileage.This swap is in the thinking stages right now and I am looking for some feedback.I am sticking with this unit,so the investments in the long term are a given.

Thanks,

Gary
Old 07-13-2008, 05:58 AM   #180

Geez! The cab interior is the same colour as mine and the lovely plaid seat cushion looks very familiar! (YUK!) You even have that gorgeous brownish green shag carpet! Lucky you, you got AC vents in your dash. Mine only has the RV roof air.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #181

None the less the engine question continues...
Old 07-15-2008, 09:53 AM   #182

Vintage RV Owners Club
If the price is right Go with it...What you have to loose??? At worst..You get the same mileage...At best You get twice your old millage!!! If lucky you will be somewhere in te middle...