Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:11 PM   #183

Dan,
I was kind of looking for the wealth of comments I normally get here.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2008, 06:46 PM   #184

Vintage RV Owners Club
Summertime is a bad time on the forums as everyone is doing...something with family or???out in the middle of nowhere...

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:20 PM   #185

Quote:
Originally posted by it's just Dan:
Summertime is a bad time on the forums as everyone is doing...something with family or???out in the middle of nowhere...

Gezzzzzzzzz Dan-you mean they got something better to do than this???.But you and I are here.Opps-sorry bout that Dan.LOL
Old 07-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #186

Vintage RV Owners Club
Answered your own question, Didn't you???
Actually, I am a little Jealous of them as they can afford to travel and us,..Well..We hope to be able to travel next year if i can build up funds to travel and can finish this beast.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:38 AM   #187

The Lt,Baby,the 12' trailer,the vendor trailer.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:50 AM   #188

And last but not least of all Ole Yellar soon to get new life with a RHS headed 1996 crate short block TBI 350 V8 with GM roller perforance"383" cam.Rebuilt 700R4 tranny using TCI parts.To be used to tow the vendor trailer to fleamarkets.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #189

That sure is... yellow. They'll see you coming a mile away!
Old 08-04-2008, 04:17 AM   #190

Fun part about that yellow they can see you day and night. if you leave it out in the sun all day it will glow in the dark!

Freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:15 AM   #191

Well then Gals and Guys-it is a good marketing tool for my Fleamarket business.The vendor trailer is going to be painted a matching color.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:51 AM   #192

Well getting back to the roof repair.

What I want to do is a skylight over the shower area to give me more head room.That will take out the vent that is there.So I will have to locate a vent somewhere else in the motor home.I was thinking a good place would be in the kitchen/bed room area.The type of vent I was considering is one of those Maxx-vent style with the rain detector.These new holes cut into the roof are going to be framed in and supported with new roof bows.

This is the side plate that I have been trying to decribe to Dan and Lorna that sandwiched the luan and is riveted.

But back to the welding and fab of those roof bows and cutouts.I am going to farm out that work to a fab shop and it is very important that I locate them now.It is equally important that I seam seal,primer,and coat the roof very soon.I need overnite temps of 50 degrees and rain free nights for it to cure correctly.Question is if I have the fab shop weld in the new roof bows/frame work and don't do the roof cutouts right away,can I do thoses after I have coated the roof?.I feel the pressure with the weather time running out and need to finally make a move on this.But I don't want to ruin the work of resealing the roof.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:59 AM   #193

I forgot that Dan had some questions about the area I want to put in the skylight and I am hoping to take pictures of that later today.Once I have that,I will up load them and post it.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:56 AM   #194

This is the vent that is going to be replaced with a skylight.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:09 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally posted by fleamarketer:
Well getting back to the roof repair.

What I want to do is a skylight over the shower area to give me more head room.That will take out the vent that is there.So I will have to locate a vent somewhere else in the motor home.I was thinking a good place would be in the kitchen/bed room area.The type of vent I was considering is one of those Maxx-vent style with the rain detector.These new holes cut into the roof are going to be framed in and supported with new roof bows.

This is the side plate that I have been trying to decribe to Dan and Lorna that sandwiched the luan and is riveted.

But back to the welding and fab of those roof bows and cutouts.I am going to farm out that work to a fab shop and it is very important that I locate them now.It is equally important that I seam seal,primer,and coat the roof very soon.I need overnite temps of 50 degrees and rain free nights for it to cure correctly.Question is if I have the fab shop weld in the new roof bows/frame work and don't do the roof cutouts right away,can I do thoses after I have coated the roof?.I feel the pressure with the weather time running out and need to finally make a move on this.But I don't want to ruin the work of resealing the roof.

Any comments/input about cutting the opennings after I coat the roof with Snow Roof coating and a factor of ruining the the coating???.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #196

Vintage RV Owners Club
Buddy, i would wait till after the welding is done before you coat the roof. Welding could set the coating on fire! Not a good thing, If you follow!! Another thing is that the reason for a vent in the bathroom is to remove the moisture from a shower or bath. I would move the vent over to give the room for the skylight and then have the vent somewhere in that bathroom area. If ya want another vent for the kitchen area put one there and it would help to draw a breeze into the home at night. Good luck, Dan