Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:28 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally posted by it's just Dan:
Buddy, i would wait till after the welding is done before you coat the roof. Welding could set the coating on fire! Not a good thing, If you follow!! Another thing is that the reason for a vent in the bathroom is to remove the moisture from a shower or bath. I would move the vent over to give the room for the skylight and then have the vent somewhere in that bathroom area. If ya want another vent for the kitchen area put one there and it would help to draw a breeze into the home at night. Good luck, Dan

Dan,
There is no way I was going to coat the roof first.Just asking the question about the cut outs for a later date.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #198

Vintage RV Owners Club
`Buddy, I have an idea how that roof is made! now hang with me a minute. The frame of the roof is visible so you would have to take the roof loose and then you can get to the screws holding the frame to the walls.The frame has a angle iron attached to that roof frame and I'd bet my last dollar that has an angle iron to wall mount! I hope you don't have to pull the roof but that is most likely how it was made. On some of there other models they had the angle iron to the inside wall. My daughters was that way. It was a Winne too! Hope this answers the 49 million dollar question, Dan

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:30 PM   #199

Dan-you could be right.Guess all I need to do is call the Winnebago dealer listed here and ask them.Notfor nothing,I'll find out from them and let you know.Your right-I won't be stripping off the roof.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #200

And so why did it just not occur to any of us to contact Winnebago to find out how the roof and trim plate was connected? I think we've been staring at computer screens too long...
Old 08-13-2008, 10:13 PM   #201

Vintage RV Owners Club
Remember when the images got burned into the screen?? I think we have that in our minds too!! Too many hours on this thing I guess! Hope things ae going good for you there, Lorna!! Its raining cats and dogs with the pitchforks to stab them with!!! Not fit for man or beast and I love it but my body doesn't!!!! Going to rain for most of the night and maybe into the light hour too!!! Later all, Dan Wet in Arizona!!
Old 08-14-2008, 05:00 PM   #202

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna:
And so why did it just not occur to any of us to contact Winnebago to find out how the roof and trim plate was connected? I think we've been staring at computer screens too long...

Well before I didn't have photo's because of no camera and now-well I never said I was all that smart.LOL!!!.

The skylight company I was going to use has changed it's story where before they told me the curbside was included and now they are saying I have to build my own curbside and flashing.I don't mind spending alittle more for a skylight built for a RV.Any suggestions??.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #203

Vintage RV Owners Club
Was this home depot??
Old 08-14-2008, 05:48 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally posted by it's just Dan:
Was this home depot??
Nope-Lowes.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:57 AM   #205

Vintage RV Owners Club
We have a Lowes here but i like Home Depot better, Again here is a big rv community!!! It may be a harder thing to find in your neck of the woods! I would check out some of the Ma and Pa rv shops in your area. Good luck, Dan
Old 08-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #206

Started the Ole Yellar engine V8 swap by taking the engine out of the donor van.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:42 PM   #207

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yepper, you are where I was around three years ago.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #208

Given I am three yrs behind you Dan,could I move in with you and then you and I could help me catch up.LOL
Old 09-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #209

Vintage RV Owners Club
I got a hammock on the porch!! Not very great for bad backs...Is comfortable to sleep in!!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #210

Well Dan-in your parts you got mountain lions and all kinds of wild things.AAAAAAAAA-EEEEEEEE,but-but-Thanks anyways.Me thinks they would see me as a major snack.LOL