Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:54 PM   #267

Vintage RV Owners Club
So how is it going with that V-8!!!! Anything else going on?? Hope you are doing good and have a great Happy New Year!!!! Dan

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #268

Well I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still around and will be taking Baby's remodel on about 4 to 6 wks depending on Roch,NY's weather.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #269

Test one two,test,test
Old 03-11-2009, 04:33 PM   #270

Vintage RV Owners Club
So how are you doing??? Me??? Dan
Old 04-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #271

Vintage RV Owners Club
Cool

Ok, Spring is here!!! get off your backside and get to work!!!! That means get the coach out of storage!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:57 PM   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby Dan View Post
Ok, Spring is here!!! get off your backside and get to work!!!! That means get the coach out of storage!!!

Spring???.Here in Roch tonight it is (yes) snowing.Spring-sure could fool me.I need 50 degree temps all the time to seal the roof and no rain.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:55 PM   #273

Ok,here's the deal.One of the limiting factors of me going ahead with resealing the roof of "Baby" is a skylight over the shower that I want to add.I found the shower head room a little short.So I thought I found a company the could supply me with one,but on the 11th hr I found out the do not offer a flashing or curbside.(well no framing)I have to be smart about this because the roof is only alumuin and doesn't have any wooden studs.It used square aluminium tube for roof bows.Seems that would be kind of thin to mount anything to it.

Well I went to visit the RV where it is stored and was feeling badly because of the lack of progress I have made on this project.I have a RV repair store near my place and had driven pass it a number of times.I thought I would just stop in to see what they would want to reseal the roof for me.While I was there I asked them about the skylight.They showed me one that is a bubble on the outside and one on the inside that just screwed to the roof and is sealed.I told them I have put a lot of work striping off the ceiling and didn't want to risk any other leaks.They said they have been doing this for thirty yrs and I wouldn't have leaking issues.Seems to me the roof flexes a lot and s skylight without framing or a curbside would in the long run leak.

Your input????.

Thanks,

Gary
Old 04-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #274

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thats what is on mine and it has stayed there so far.. It also gives you enough of a lip to use rubber roof later on if you want. Mine was super easy to install so yeah i would go or it!! Dan.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:26 PM   #275

Huh-Dan I thought you said the skylight has a frame installed as well.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #276

Vintage RV Owners Club
The roof has a frame. The skylight has its own. The skylight fits right into the hole and has a lip of two inches to screw into the roof. With the EDPM all you do is run a bead around the skylight and screw it down into the roof.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:01 AM   #277

Vintage RV Owners Club
my dad used to use the rock salt method, it worked really good, only had to do it 1 time, LOL, the problems never came back, be sure to clean the gun and remove any salt that is left, no evidnece.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #278

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buehler740 View Post
my dad used to use the rock salt method, it worked really good, only had to do it 1 time, LOL, the problems never came back, be sure to clean the gun and remove any salt that is left, no evidnece.
Huh????
Old 04-27-2009, 09:40 PM   #279

Double Huh????.Well rock salt does do bad things to aluminum.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:42 AM   #280

Vintage RV Owners Club
dont feel bad here in michgan hasnt been much dry weather, of corse it started after I started to scrap off the old many terrible layers of what ever they used for sealant to LOL