Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:21 AM   #281

Vintage RV Owners Club
yea but its usually a one time deal, and your trailer dont get messed with any more by anyone, my dad called that a Detroit special , it reminds vandels that this is not the trailer or property to mess with

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2009, 10:25 PM   #282

Vintage RV Owners Club
Question

So how goes things??

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #283

Well today I put the engine battery on a tickle charge to get it running again.I am in the final stages of the rebuild of the outside of the vendor trailer.

Still there is much to do inside on that project.That is the priority right now for business reasons.I am going to work on the roof of "baby" soon as well and will post once that has began.I need to prepare the RV for a move down south before winter because of health reasons.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #284

Vintage RV Owners Club
Glad things are still in plan for you to go south this fall!! Haven't heard much from you as you have been busy! I can see its coming along real good and Hope they continue to do so. I haven't done anything to anything for awhile as I am not feeling well and we have been getting rain on and off so I need some cooler dryer weather so i can get up on the roof again to fix a couple of small things and check the seams before Monsoon weather hits in the middle of the month. See the Va three times this week so have to work around their schedule too!! I will check around later to see how things are going. Later Dan
Old 07-19-2009, 02:59 AM   #285

I will be posting some major developments to the vendor trailer soon.......
Old 07-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #286

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

I was wondering how the roof was going! Glad to hear you are making progress!! Looking foward to seeing your work, Dan
Old 09-11-2009, 01:25 AM   #287

What Happened????

Hey guys,

I've been reading your post because I have a 78 Ford Monaco Class C that has a leaky roof and I started from page 1 to 21 hoping to see the finished product and nada!!

Gary did you ever make it to ATL? How about Baby's roof did you ever seal it, did you fix the interior? Dan I'm glad you're doing better and Lorna I would love some advice on my MH. We call it the Sloth 'cause it's very slooooow and the reason why sloth's grow algae on them is 'cause they leak.

Do you guys mind throwing some advice my way, I promise to post pictures!!

Thanks,
Wilo
Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #288

Well what happened was I got tied up in the remodeling of my vendor trailer and again missed my window in the "good weather here in Roch,NY.(ya need 50 degree over nite temps and those are quickly slipping away.)So I am currently looking to do a temporary patch on the roof to get threw the winter here in Roch(yuk).The vendor trailer is getting the most focus because I intend to use it for fleamarket winter sales.Here is what I got done on the trailer so far:

This is one of the side doors that open to the selling space:

We stripped the skins of both doors to repair badly rusted door frames:

We also built aluminum frames to hold new legs that will be the framework to stretch tarps over for side walls on two sides and to allow one opening to enter to shoppers and to hold open the doors:

The doors got sooo heavy we needed to design a hydro lift to get them open:

The door legs needed to be adjustable for different ground levels:

These door legs fit into the following bases:

Here is the doors opened up:

We also built bases for the stabilizing jacks for the trailer

Now onto the inside work and putting up walls with "j-jooks to hang bags of snack foods for sale.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:14 AM   #289

Vintage RV Owners Club
I finally finished the roof, glad that done, looks nice to , as soon as it dried I put the tarp back on it want to keep it nice and clean and pretty check the end of the album for the pics 1974 Coachmen Cadet pictures from outdoors photos on webshots
Old 09-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #290

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I used to do roofing (Homes, barns, buildings) and the way we did it if we were on a "unsafe" roof was to plank it,, We had 2x8's as I recall on our truck (most of the company trucks carried 2x6's but we liked the wieder toe boards) This is also used when you are roofing a surface near vertical.

Only fell twice

I've also used Snow Roof... Good product.. Worked Well

To apply as I recall I used a roller.. A very thick "paint" like product.

You can easily reach the center of a motor home or trailer using a painter's extension pole (just one section) on a roller.

NOTE: As I type I'm wearing a "Rebuilding Together Oakland County" T-Shirt... I earned it.. I've been involved with that charity (As a voulenteer "Go-fer") for 3 or 4 years. ON the big day I'm normally the 1st to arrive at the job site (I make the coffee you see) and the last to leave (Cleaning up the coffee service) I happen to enjoy this kind of thing.

THe 1st year we were working on a 2 story house with full basement.. So the peak of the roof is,,, Well over 30 feet UP.

We used a roller (We is a professional painter who was one of the volunteers and I) to paint the siding all the way up to said peak, also the facia board on the roof.

All the way to the peak.. With our feet firmly on the ground

That was one LONG painter's pole.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #291

Sorry to hear you're still in NY and not in ATL. Because of this string I have decided to start my own and would love your advice. I will be posting pictures and all that good stuff and I start today!

Here's the link to the string.

78 Monaco Class C Roof Leak
Old 09-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #292

Buehler, great pics! Is your roof aluminum?
Old 09-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #293

Vintage RV Owners Club
yes it is alumin I am so glad I finally got it all sealed up properly now, it looks so nice
Old 11-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #294

Well folks just wanted to drop a line in here to tell you all I will spend winter again in Roch and the RV project is on hold until spring.Considering finding inside storage before any real snow fall.