Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2009, 09:52 PM   #295

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Well I have some knowledge of roof repairs. My '73 Indian had a bad roof, so being a contractor I understand 2x4's and plywood. Take a look what I did to fix the roof. It's now about 5 years old and no problems yet. Les Picasa Web Albums - les - 1973 Winnebag...#
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Indian View Post
Well I have some knowledge of roof repairs. My '73 Indian had a bad roof, so being a contractor I understand 2x4's and plywood. Take a look what I did to fix the roof. It's now about 5 years old and no problems yet. Les Picasa Web Albums - les - 1973 Winnebag...#
That had to be a labor of love! GREAT job - did you have any idea so much work was needed before getting the MH and starting out?
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #297

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
That had to be a labor of love! GREAT job - did you have any idea so much work was needed before getting the MH and starting out?
I really enjoyed the roof replacement. Since I have a garage to park in there was no hurry on the work. Took my time and did it right the first time.
Since I only paid $300 for this rig I planned on more work.
Thanks for looking at it.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Indian View Post
... Since I only paid $300 for this rig I planned on more work...
Great price! Lucky you! You had a dry place to work in!
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamarketer View Post
Well folks just wanted to drop a line in here to tell you all I will spend winter again in Roch and the RV project is on hold until spring.Considering finding inside storage before any real snow fall.
I'll think of you as we sit in the warmth of Corpus Christi this winter!!!
Old 02-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #300

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

Glad to see someone is getting things done. I am dragging my heels lately. I haven't been around here much but am thinking about all of you up there in all that White stuff blowing around the axles of your home on wheels.
Lorna, I may come down that way this summer...My Daughter is supposed to be moving down in Laredo sometime this summer. Gary, You buried up there in all that white stuff?? I hope you can get dug out and finish the vehicles so you can get out of there by the fall....
I think i should be here more often too!! Will see what happens, Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #301

Dan... Please give me the address of the other forum (the one with the RV store that is up north where it is very cold). My computer messed up a while back (Malware, Spyware or something) and I didn't have the thing written down in my "Address" book. And I can't seem to remember it. This is just so embarrassing. Hopefully I can remember my log in. I need a new memory.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #302

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wink

here it is Lorna, I wondered why we haven't heard from you lately. Here is the link:

RVing Outpost Forum
Old 05-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #303

Inspired by this forum once again.I am going to try to get this project back on track.The inside of my RV have always been so dark with that dumb tan color.I really like the way one member here painted his inside white on his 1982 Brave.

But the roof first.More I hope to come.Kind of stupid really.Here it is I am renting haft of a house and I own a home that "could be" mine to live in.

I suggest to everyone it is surely about making the right choices.It seems here is a example of all the wrong ones letting this MH set.

So i will try to get some updates soon to show.

Gary
Old 05-02-2010, 07:47 AM   #304

Vintage RV Owners Club
I had to rip out all of the front walls so I put a lighter color pannel in there and it brightens it up and for now til I get celing boards in I have that reflective insulating bubble wrap for celings , kinda looks space aged right now and hope to get celing boards in soon , had not thought about painting inside but that might not be a bad idea, I have to get something very thin to use for celing boards, found some thin stuff used for bathroom walls, but not sure if hanging that would make it droopy or not, but once I finish the celing then just some woodwork trim and I can put it all back together in there, was to lazy this winter to work on it, but at least I got the roof done and that took a couple of months just to prep it, that was so much work I tarped it so nothing gets on it, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamarketer View Post
Inspired by this forum once again.I am going to try to get this project back on track.The inside of my RV have always been so dark with that dumb tan color.I really like the way one member here painted his inside white on his 1982 Brave.

But the roof first.More I hope to come.Kind of stupid really.Here it is I am renting haft of a house and I own a home that "could be" mine to live in.

I suggest to everyone it is surely about making the right choices.It seems here is a example of all the wrong ones letting this MH set.

So i will try to get some updates soon to show.

Gary
buehler740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #305

Aside from me doing the work,on this repair journey,I did talk to a local RV shop.He said he has been in the business for over 20 yrs and he said he just snow roof's the leak areas because if the roof develops a leak under the snow roof coating,it is a lot of work to get it back off.He wanted $2,500 to reseal the roof that way.I thought of Dan and all the problems he had and thought this dealer was just looking for a quick buck repair.If I do the repair,I would do the whole roof,but now I am not sure given what this dealer has told me.

Any comments??.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #306

Vintage RV Owners Club
Talking

Well, I need to be here more often. Gary, how is that roof rebuild going? This last post was in May. I hope you didn't get that guy to Snow roof coating. Our roof has not had any leaks since they put the roof on 3 years ago. I still need to get off my duff and finish the inside! I may try to travel next year but have to wait till the doctors give me permission. Anyway, a update would be nice. how about it Fleamarketer?
Old 09-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #307

Dan,not much to tell.Just more of a hard luck/no luck story.I am wrestling with the thought of semi retirement or not.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #308

Vintage RV Owners Club
Unhappy

Kinda know what you mean. I HAVE..to move...! I am having breathing issues, and they want me to move lower in altitude. And more Humid as well. My health is getting worse and i don't know if or how long we may be able to travel. We are going to be heading towards Alabama. Maybe somewhere in the Mobile area. There is a Campground called I-85 campground that has long term camp spots. I guess it could be worse. I will be able to swim and fish again. We both have our fishing gear but don't know what shape they are in. this could be a good thing but not so sure yet... This may become the last trip. But, I am not giving up our home. We have too much work and money in it and maybe we will have the chance to travel again. Can hope....