Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby Dan View Post
... We are getting the wind here. And with the cold it feels like 10F!!! I took my two walks today and had to wear my heavy coat!! Felt like Maine!!! BBBBUURRrrrr!!!!! Lorna, Better take the awning down!! I did already...All i needed was to hit the switch! Love you all, later,Dan
6:35PM (Mountain Time zone) the temps are currently 13*F with over 4" of snow on the ground. Our awning has been rolled up since early fall (wind storm and never unrolled it). Low of 2*F tonight, tomorrow's low... -6*F. This is ridiculous!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #324

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs down

You in N.M.?? They had snow up on the mountains but nothing but a few drops..
They are saying that the low teens tomorrow night. sucks...

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #325

Quote:
You in N.M.?? They had snow up on the mountains but nothing but a few drops..
They are saying that the low teens tomorrow night. sucks...
We are 70 miles south of Albuquerque. I25 has been shut down. Stacey says all the parking lots in town are full of semi's and they are lined up outside the RV parks gates as well. She said there were 15 in the Family Dollar parking lot where she works (one of the few big parking lots in town). She let one of the truckers use the store bathroom to shave, etc. She got off work at 9PM, said she slid once and fishtailed 3 times. but we are staying fairly warm... haven't had the furnace kick on yet (it's turned down really low). Electric space heater is holding the temps at 67*F at countertop height but the floor is 43*F. Class C's 1 1/2" foam insulation just isn't enough in these temps.The skoolie will definitely have a lot more (and hydronic heat floor as well).
Old 02-02-2011, 01:48 PM   #326

Vintage RV Owners Club
Arrow

Wow!! This is a record breaker here! They said that it was over 50 years ago since they had temps like this! It is going down to low teens tonight! I need to get propane.. I ran out sometime this morning. Got to have it for tonight for sure!! They say this cold snap will give back to us the warm temps over the weekend. Stay warm, Dan
Gary, I hope you are ok too!! Dan
Old 02-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #327

Quote:
Wow!! This is a record breaker here! They said that it was over 50 years ago since they had temps like this! It is going down to low teens tonight! I need to get propane.. I ran out sometime this morning. Got to have it for tonight for sure!! They say this cold snap will give back to us the warm temps over the weekend. Stay warm, Dan
Gary, I hope you are ok too!! Dan
Awwww,People around here act like idiots.Storm of the century??.Not.Last night I stopped by a Hess station and found cars line up like Hess was giving the gas away.Got by a pump and went inside to pay for my gas and I asked the clerk what is up with the lines??.She said laughingly everyone was gassing up for the "big" storm.I got home to find it was down graded to a winter watch.2" to 4"'s.Roch has that kind of snow fall all the time.Opp's the local weather forecasters had to find a rock to hide under after that one.Still I am sick of winter and the effects it has on this old body. I am holding this Sat a personal protest.......I want beach!!!!,I want beach!!!!!.Well ya get da idea.

Stooped people buying up all the bread......now what are they going to do with it??.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamarketer View Post
... Stooped people buying up all the bread......now what are they going to do with it??.
Eat it with the milk they have to buy... (I don't get it either)

Quote:
arratik | July 17, 2008
Without the proper context that comes from living in Asheville, NC for a while, this really isn't all that funny, but for years there were conspiracy theories flying around that whenever Ingles (an NC-based supermarket chain) was overstocked on milk and bread, they would pay off Bob Caldwell (longtime WLOS-TV weatherman) to announce a chance of snow in the forecast.
So true... it was a standing joke in Western NC. I have been told that Bob Cauldwell is now hawking used cars.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #329

Vintage RV Owners Club
Unhappy

The only thing i Did do...Was fill up my propane tank! I have the main furnace and the A/C heat strip! Winter..Bring it on. The weekend is supposed to be kinda back to our normal, What ever that is...
Old 02-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #330

I75 was shut down... pics were taken yesterday evening

Our campground... where it's not supposed to snow... much!
Old 02-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #331

Vintage RV Owners Club
Unhappy

Well, Thats over! The whole Tucson area got, only in the mountain snow and not much of that. We had 4 nights of sub 32 F weather with the lowest at 15F. That was two nights ago. Even though i don't have water hooked up directly i still lost the regulator and Y. The hoses were both ok. We had two water tanks up here and both had"fountains"!! Natural gas was shut down as the pressure had dropped because of the usage. It will be Monday or Tuesday before it is all done. There is Water shutoff's, here and there. Everything is on here today and looks to be in good shape. I think i may have a leak at the gray water tank or the dump valve..not sure yet.
There is a chance to repeat this in about a week, IF they are right.
Time will tell, Dan
Old 03-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #332

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

Well, I guess what ever was wrong.. they fixed it...i hope! Hows the weather up your way Gary?? We had 80 degrees today. My kind of weather! Having a pizza party tomorrow for the GMC rally here!! About 12?? or so coaches here! They are sure sharp!! Now all i need to do is paint mine so it looks like there's and mine would look like theirs!! Gary, For some reason i can't pm you here..don't know what wrong with my control panel but it doesn't want to play nice...go figure... I still don't know what happened here but maybe you could tell me?? Hope you are getting the babe to wake up and get to work. I am going to be starting up my work this next week. Should be fun...yeah that... Hang in there fellow, Dan
Old 03-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #333

Been struggle this wk to get to the mid 40's.Weather man are telling us over the last 2 months it was the 2nd coldest in the history of Roch,NY.Mostly been in the teens.I am waiting for the repair of my salamander,so I haven't been able to do much to shape up the rental pole barn.It's that I have been working on.That and still unpacking from the last way too small garage I had before.
The Astro "Ole Yellar" V8 Astro project took a positive step.I bought a 1989 Florida cargo Astro that is rust free.The high top conversion top from the 1985 Astro will be transfer to the 1989.Sure is cool not to have to deal with rust issues.
Equipment after the heater repair,will be a 60 to 80 gal 2 stage air compressor next.Currently the next step I am taking is to mount 4 tube lighting on the walls and above two work benches.Then all the small stuff like vise,sand blast cabinet,drill press,sheet metal brake,13 ton jack stands,band saw,chop saw,etc.All going to used purchases from Craiglist.I have a cherry picker already and 6 ton jack stands and craftsman Pro tool box full of tools.

Someone is going to get a great deal once I am done with what work I have to do done and hit the road.Most of it will get sold off short of the tool box and tools.

Still passively looking for a 5.9 94 to 98.5 Dodge diesel turbo engine to swap into Baby.I am convinced that is worth the amount of effort to make that happen. Baby isn't at the pole barn yet.It was parked with 10' of snow plowed in front of it.I wasn't ready to try to get it started either.It will get there,but not just yet.The goal is to use it for the memorial wk for a wk end camp out at a friends balloon fest at Ledgeworth state Park.Just make it usable,but not done.LOL-a roof and this old goof with a bbq outside.

Dan-if you see posts deleted-it was at my request.Heck I am busy working on the pole barn and I come home to see some posts that I had no idea what was going on and it was posted to this thread.I was alittle upset the she would use this thread for that kind of thing and not start a thread of her own.I mean we three know better than that.It was just plain wrong.
So if anyone is going to be mad,they should be mad at me.I asked to have it removed and I think what happened was just plain wrong.

Enough said on the topic.

Oh,did I tell you I semi retired.So you never know if i get too,too,tired of these temps,you might wake up one day to see me and Baby join you in those 80 degrees days.Howie neighbor,this one goat will say,"howed ya fixed for a cup of sugar??."Or picture this.You and your friends are cooking over a open campfire and you hear me coming to join in.Ya,dragging a extension cord with a microwave in hand.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #334

Vintage RV Owners Club
Talking

You Bring that Microwave on down here and we will burn something down here!!! Would love to see you over here!!! Anytime you want to!!! They were showing the Mobile Alabama that had the twister today and i told Deb that i don't think i want to go there...couldn't understand why.....
Ya need to get one of those plow trucks to make a path for ya!!! Need to wake baby up!!! I hope to be able to do that soon to this one!! Hang in there, Dan
Old 04-05-2011, 08:07 PM   #335

Vintage RV Owners Club
How have you been doing?? Hope things are getting more busy. Hope you get out of N.Y. soon! Time for a update, Dan
Old 04-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #336

Vintage RV Owners Club
Just a quick-e, Lost Motherboard and could not get around for a few days. Fixed! Time for a update Gary!! Dan