Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:32 AM   #337

I'm in the lost and found section of life.I got nothing.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #338

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I know how that is... Only thing i am doing is sitting around here playing on the computer! I have been rebuilding my computer. Deb got a new one, I get mine a piece at a time!!
I have been finding out just how weak i am getting. I tried to help a friend with getting his restored pick-up on his trailer to bring it home. Two hours later, I was whooped!! I did a grease, oil and lube,..took all day!! I need to replace the trooper as i can't do the lifting anymore to get the tranny out and back in. I had a flat this last week and i had to break right after i took the tire off and then after i put the spare on, I was whooped again. We think its cancer. I developed Ephicema. and now have a spot on the lung. Sucks!! I need to put a timing chain on the coach engine, I am wondering if we'll get that done by me? I don't think i can leave here with the coach and truck with trailer.
Sorry for the bad news but that is about the only thing i got right now. Getting weak and loosing weight! I have lost about 50 pounds since December. I was under 200 pounds today. That's 15 pounds this week! Getting worse!
Will check in with you later, Dan

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #339

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey fellow, You still here? I hope you are doing well. and that you got the work done on your motorhome and baby! I am back at work on my new to me truck. Let us know how you are doing! Dan
Old 09-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #340

Pictures speak a thousand word.............. The rented pole barn:

The lighting up grade:

Tools and equip purchased:

I/R 60 gal compressor:

Old 09-24-2011, 11:48 AM   #341

More tools and equip:

Recently purchased Craigslist plasma cutter:

Old 09-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #342

Still more:

The Florida body that is replacing Ole Yellar:

Ole Yellar had gotten too rusty:

Stripped off the conversion top to put on the Florida body:

It was a sad day to see Ole Yellar go:

Old 09-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #343

Getting the parts and machine work done to build a stroker SBC 383 for the new Ole Yellar Florida body:

A 5.7 3.75 stroke Howards Track Smart forged crank:

The block is in the engine stand all machined and ready for assembly.I got the rings with the end gap all done.I still need to buy the rods,bearings,and two pc rear main adapter to build into a short block.

The RV hasn't made it out to the shop yet.Thing is it does take time to build up a useable working space with the tools and equipment.Well that is my excuse for nothing to report on it yet.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #344

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, I know how that goes! I am working out of my new truck now that i have one again! I went crazy and got a 69 Chevy C/K pickup and don't have too rough of a body. The more i do the more i am happy with it. I have a link on my rebuild thread and i have some shots of it on the picasa site. Am getting things ready to try and finish the coach and also the trailer. I was debating on weather i wanted to tow all wheels down or use Flatbed. I think i will use the trailer, Its just easier to back up if i need to. I am thinking about taking the wood deck off and put a diamond tread sheet of steel on it. At one time, i thought of enclosing it but changed my mind...again. Anyway i will be around here more now that i have my health back. Its about time the VA did something right. I am down to 190 and want to get to 160 but the doc;s say 180 is great. I am not having any issues with my diabetes at all I don't even use my meds. They took me off all the way! All together They took me off 5 different meds!! I feel almost 15 years younger again!!! Have you heard from Lorna or Sanjay? I caught him over on the rv outpost. He has a 5th wheeler now. Don't know what he did with the class A he had. Anyway, I am glad you are ok and doing your thing!! Good to hear from you again!! Have fun, Dan
Old 09-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #345

Arrow

I didn't say this.I rent only the left side of the barn with a wall that separates it down the middle and only to the man door you see on the side view.

I don't know why this side view of the shop didn't show up:

I did some work on the walls of the vendor trailer.It will serve as reinforcement for thin diamond plate and a template for the cut outs on the diamond plate.The diamond plate will have "J" hooks for per-packaged snack foods to be sold:

Also mounted the cargo center light:

Old 09-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #346

Vintage RV Owners Club
Cool, Gary, i can't remember how big that cart is. It looks something like 8X16 or so. So are you staying in Ohio during the summer or gonna move down to Alabama and stay there. Seems that i remember that you were going to stay north in the summers and snowbird in the winter. Its been awhile and can't remember..slept a few days since we talked about it. That van will be a screamer with the new motor!! Should be a great motor for about what 300,000 miles. Another thing i haven't seen is that you don't have Baby down to your shop yet. Are you going to finish it or have you sold it? Glad to talk to you again!! I feel so much better now! I am still loosing weight and getting stronger all the time. I will check in later Gary, Its good to be back, Dan
Old 09-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #347

The vendor trailer is 6 x 8 with the wings down and 13 x 8 once the trailer is opened up.I still have Baby.I am hoping to get it into the shop by having to remove the roof A/C which is ok because I would take it off anyways to reseal the roof.With this shop I just resigned a lease because I realized given time and money there is no way I would be ready to move down south.Kind of sucks that once again I suffer threw the cold weather.I still have the 12' dual axle trailer too to go behind baby for a main central location market to be parked while I travel to single date markets with Ole Yellar/vendor trailer.Out of that 12'er is a 10 x 20 tent that it's main purpose is to be a mobile super market stocked with salvage foods.As long as the economy is bad,sales are good.

I couldn't move now down south while I am going threw a build-up of shop equipment.It is that I will sell off once all the projects are done and will be some of the seed money for inventory.Yeah-someone is going to get some great deals on the stuff I don't want to take with me.

One more yr and Medi care kicks in and alittle more money from a retirement fund.Also then I can earn as much money as I want at 65 yrs old.I haven't worked since Dec 8 2010.I am going to try to get the vendor trailer done to sell out of it this winter at a Roch Public Market and tow that to there with my daily driver 1994 LT Astro.It seems the last couple of months I have been spending on buying equipment for the shop.Well really most of the summer.I do have a kerosene 200btu salamander to heat the shop and I am looking for a second one like a 115btu to speed up the heat up and travel with that to heat on site selling at the Roch Public Market.

It is true that I am playing Russian roulette without any health care and not taking meds I should have.I just hope my health holds out for one more yr.I do suffer some from not having those meds.But this is the only way to do this right now and I have accepted the risks to build back my business.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:43 AM   #348

Here is a photoshop of the vendor trailer once painted.Maybe just a shade darker and will have graphics to match Ole Yellar once those are determined.

Just a shot of it with one side opened up.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #349

Vintage RV Owners Club
Cool! So now do you think that you will go south next year, or are you staying till whenever you finish them up? I like that workshop! Wish i could have one like that but not in this life. I have been playing around with a idea here. I thought i might find a travel trailer that isn't in too much of disrepair. If i could, i may take out the good stuff and put it in the trailer. Once done, sale the engine and transmission and drag it over the scales. Could get a few hundred bucks for the frame and some more for the aluminum on it. Anyway, Just a idea. Anyway, Don't work too hard. Catch you later, Dan
Old 09-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #350

I really need a productive winter on the projects here.Might venture out on some winter dates with the vendor trailer in Ohio.Then the goal is to move to the selling circuit come spring in Ohio still maintaining home base here until fall,then the move down south.I said I wanted to winter in Atl,Ga.