Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #351

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ahh,ok. i forgot. Seem to do that alot lately. Sounds like we both will be working thru the winters! I still want to travel next summer but may not be able to. Just have to wait and see, Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #352

Angry

N/P Dan.With 350 posts and all the time that has passed,I forgot what I posted or not.

I went to see the connections for the battery today so I could bring back tools to remove the starter battery.Remember how I added a second deep cell battery and had a battery for just the starter??.Well this is my fault for letting it set as long as I did.Someone cut one cable on the starter battery and stole it and also stole one of the deep cell batteries.So now I have to replace them.I figure with the deep cell batteries given the fact they where Interstate blems and they haven't see a charge for all the time the RV has been setting,I think they might have been about shot anyways.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #353

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, I got two new 29 series back in 2007. They are toast. And the battery for the engine is also.U would think that the solar panels would keep two batterys full charged during the daytime. I have one of those intel four stage power supplys that take care of the deep cycles and a small 1.5 amp charger with sulfide breaker built in. With that, Both sets are toast! I am not to worried. If we can get this trailer we want, I won't need them replaced. I will have to get a friend to help to pull this beast down to there place to pull the transmission and engine out of it. I have them for sale. I think they are sold already! I am saleing the headers and exhaust system. I am keeping the electric fans, the clutch fan, the Radiator is also for sale. one of the guys here in the court wants it. I am taking the trans cooler and oil cooler too. I am adding the a/c to what is on it already. I know it needs a new toilet and i have one of those. I think i have two of the front tires sold too. Not to sure about the gas tank but i may keep it and the generator and mount it on the trailer. I will need a spare for the trailer. I think its a 15 in. wheel. Not for sure. I will also get the antenna and fan vents and covers for them. I think we will use the bed mattress we have.Our entertainment center will go too.Not sure where but i will keep the small fridge too. Have to check the oven or stove and see how they look. I may take that out of the coach too. I don't know if there is a microwave or not. If not No issue we have the microwave and it has convection oven built in. The lights are gonna be replaced with the fluorescent lights we have here. I am also replacing the awning with ours too! Need to see if the tanks leak or busted. I can use the ones on this if needed. I am also getting the captain's chairs too. They are really comfortable. I hope it has a good fridge in it. I am also looking to see if the ladder on this will work on that trailer. Hope so.If the roof needs work i can use whatever stuff on the coach to fix. When i am done, I am saving the aluminum to go over the scales and the wood taken off the coach i will run the frame over the scales too. Should get pretty good money for them. I will make a bon fire with the wood. at least one fire..maybe three or four.
Anyway, i have my work cut out for me. I will start a new thread on this when i know for sure we have the trailer. You know, I wanted to do this back in 2007 when she got that money. Her family wanted her to do the same. Now she has said that she should had done it too! So, Thats the plan. Check in later, Dan
Old 09-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #354

Humm-maybe add this to a fall project list:

For the man with everything - the V8 snowblower

Old 09-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #355

Well after all this time.I thought it might be time to put a face with my name:

Old 09-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #356

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

Cool, Hello there! I might as well too. Here it is, Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2007_11222007Thanksgiving0006.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	301.3 KB
ID:	14345  
Old 10-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #357

Question

I forgot my tire pressures on the 16.5 tires.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #358

Vintage RV Owners Club
Depends on the ply rating. 6 ply are 50-60 psi and if 10 ply 80 psi.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #359

I don't remember off hand right now what ply they are.Nothing for pressures on the side walls.We measured on the driver's side 35 on the front and 45 on the rear.I'm going with that until I get it to the shop tomorrow.It's about a 15 mile ride,I should be good to go with that for now and I have a compressor at the shop.

Once I get it to the shop,I am going to see if it fits the overhead door.I measured the door opening and the roof of the RV and the only real question is if the roof A/C is going to clear.It would be nice if it did fit,but if not,I would be taking off the roof A/C to seal the roof anyways.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #360

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, I'd watch that A/C for sure! They are very pricey these days! The one i was going to replace cost over $1200.00. That includes delivery and installation.
Hope you can get it inside before the winter, Dan
Old 10-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #361

Well ho-ha,it fits with room to spare.Dan it have been many winters stored outside.The last time I ran that it got cool,but that was yrs ago.I'll likely tarp it this yrs because I have to move it in and out of the shop for room on the other projects I need to get done this winter.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #362

Vintage RV Owners Club
I am glad you can get it in and out with room to spare. I am still looking for a trailer for us. When it is right, i will get it. Till then, just keep looking. Have a good day, Dan
Old 11-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #363

Thumbs up

The project Ole Yellar a 1989 Florida custom V8 stroked 383 SBC Astro van goes along with the motor home where is tows the vendor trailer.To catch up with the engines progress is the following pictures.

The machine work is done on a L31 hydro roller block with the deck cut .010 down.The parts in the pictures are Incon forged dished pistons,Scat 5.7 stroker clearanced 3/8 ARP bolt press fit rods with a track smart forged Howards crank.I am now short the bearings,reseal adapter,H./B,flexplate,and balancing from having a short block.

I have the rings all file fit to the bores.

The dyno Sym says with the planned build it should have 535 lbs of torque at 2500 and 357 HP at 4500.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #364

Vintage RV Owners Club
Very good!!