Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #407

Vintage RV Owners Club
Congrats on Rufus!! Yes it will tow easy. I had one several years ago and didn't even know it was back there! Those V-6's are really Bullet-proof!! Another thing before i forget, Did you get the Blower switch to work? Hope so, Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #408

Nope Dan.I haven't done anything on the blower switch yet.Main focus has been a three wk search for the pick-up and once i found one getting towed home which is going to happen tomorrow.I am also going threw the same fight you did with doctors and the meds.I have started to raise hell about that today.
fleamarketer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #409

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep!! Know where you are for sure!! Take it easy and get better! Dan
Old 02-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamarketer View Post
Ok,I am in the process of locating Snow roof products for my roof repair.I own a 1981 winnebago warrior on a chevy frame with a 350.I have started to scrape off the ceiling in the bathroom to find rotted 1/4 luin and blueboard glued to the roof without any roof hoists at all.I found the center seam in need of repair.

I don't trust the roof to support my wt.My question is how do the shops get to the center seam to repair them?.Seems to me you can't reach it well enough with a ladder to do a good job.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Gary
One of the best things i have found to work great is 100%silicone in a mixture. I got the formula from the chemist at a major silicone factory. HE told me to mix quart of mineral spirts in a one gallon bucket and add silicone to the mixture. Mix with a beater from a blender on the end of a drill, At firts it doesnt seem to mix the all the sudden you have a pourable mix that works great for metal roof. Some people use the mixture for tents or awings to water proof. Google the mineral spirts and silicone for more ideas. Mine minnie winnie has been leak free for years and years now. I took it a step further and used web tape from eternal bond.
bwd111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #411

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gary, When they was rebuilding the roof on mine, they used a scaffolding to be able to walk across the open roof and when they had the ceiling up and the studs installed they could walk on the beams and they had a couple of step ladders that would let you up level to the roof. It shouldn't be too hard to make something like that. Dan
Old 02-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby Dan View Post
Gary, When they was rebuilding the roof on mine, they used a scaffolding to be able to walk across the open roof and when they had the ceiling up and the studs installed they could walk on the beams and they had a couple of step ladders that would let you up level to the roof. It shouldn't be too hard to make something like that. Dan
Dan,
I didn't ask that question recently.I has been my game plan to use a rented scaffold up and over the roof.The Snow Roof systems stands behind their product for 5 yrs,so I will be using that.It is because of that I don't want to be inventive about the roof repair.The down side is if you do for some reason spring a leak under it,it is a real pita to remove it.But Lorna turn me on to it yrs ago and she and her husband have been using commercially for yrs.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #413

Oh Dan.I just got a meter to test for sugar.Tested tonight for the first time in about 2 yrs.Came up with 392!!!. And that is with taking 2000 mg of Metformin daily.I am seriously thinking about gastric bypass.I only wt 223 too.But the next day no more dietetics.The sick effects of the meds is making me sicker than before all this happened.And I damm not going to play the Russian rootlet with needles and insolent.I have "the meeting" with both doctors on Tues where if they don't understand they are NOT going to make me a old man before my time,someone is going to get fired.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #414

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, i know what you mean. I think they want to kill us old folk so they can get out of SSI!!! They have tried twice to kill me now...Guess the third time is a charm.....
Have you got your truck yet?? How is it?? Updates, Dan
Old 02-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #415

Dan,
I have been having the same problems I was back in Dec with my health.That was compounded by side effects from the meds I have been taking.I have been telling the doctors how disappointed I have been with the results.So on Tues just by luck I had appointments with both the primary and heart doctor.I told the heart doctor that I didn't think the stent put in was working/that I felt there had to be something wrong and how sick I was from what I thought the side effects.For the first time I was told they put in a stent in the biggest blockage,but left behind a smaller less blockage that he felt it was that was likely why I was still having problems of some chest pain/shortness of breath.So I asked him when we where going back to take care of that??.He told me since I had shortly after the stent a bleed in my brain(stroke) that the risk was too great to repair that.That they are"trying" to find a balance between blood thinners to prevent more blockages and not too much to create more bleeding.I told him that I need to be work ready.He said that isn't likely and suggested I apply for disability.Basically I'm screwed.I told him that was a major decision and I wanted some time to think about it.Hell it takes being disabled for 6 months to start getting paid.Then not being able to work at all too and really not that much money.Some people have to fight with a lawyer to pay to even get it.So for now I am off most of the meds short of one that he told me he wanted me to taper off of for one week to see how I feel and if side effects where some of the reasons I felt so bad.I go back to see him in two weeks and then maybe getting back on some of the meds in smaller amounts to see what I can tolerate.On Thurs I ended up back in the E-rm because of shooting pain in my left leg the night before and then pain so bad in my hips I could barely walk.The heart doctor wanted told the E-rm doctor he wanted to admit me to take me back to the chath lab,but I couldn't talk to the heart doctor directly so I signed myself out.I finally got ahold of the heart doctor today to find he just wanted to double check the stent put in back in Dec and hadn't change his mind about the risk factors of doing anything beyond that and we could do that as a out patient.The current game plan is for me to call him on Tues to tell him how I am feeling because it takes 7 to 10 days to get the meds worked out of my system.

I got Rufus in the shop.Because I have been so sick I haven't done anything with it yet.On the to do list is the clutch,third door handle replacement,drivers door pins/bushings,two new tires and rim clean-up/paint,looking for a junk yard OEM Am/Fm radio and I am passively looking for a high back cap.

Before I do that I have one more test to run on the1994 LT Astro to confirm what I think is a rod knock.If it fails that test,then a boat load of new parts to take off before I scrap it.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #416

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fellow, Is this the Va hospital or ? Sounds like they bumped heads on what was needed and what they had in your meds. Just like me. I would just take the blood thinners in light doses to keep from having any more clots. As for the small blockage, I would say not right now but maybe in a couple of months. Give the time for the blood to thin out before they take and do the new stint. If you feel better without the meds then don't take them. If you do need them then take them in smaller doses. As for your blood sugars, You need to be on a combo combination dose. They have them, i know. My family history you know. Asz you loose weight, the dose will go down with it. Thats why i went off the dose i was on. For the time being, I just test every so often to make sure i don't start getting up high again. That blood sugar test is Way to high. If you cannot get it down with the pills then you may have no choice, but to go on shots.
I hope you do start feeling better!! Will check in later, Dan
Old 02-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #417

Nope-Not a vet.The whole medical field is brought up on the basis like what is given on the sheet of side effects.It says"Remember that your doctor prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects".What that means is it has to be tried out on you.I am taking a more active role in just what that is.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #418

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep they give me the same at the Va. They can say the same but never seem to do it.. Hope you can get over this and get back to normal! Dan
Old 02-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #419

Thumbs up

One positive thing that has come out of me loosing the daily driver Astro van is it forced me to drive the RV more now than I have ever done since I have owned it.Sure it needs work and some of that has become now more evident to me using it like the gas gauge has shown me not to be reliable in it's reading,but on the other hand I have kind of fallen back in love with it.So once I get Rufus on the road,I hope those feelings with spur me on to get back on the RV to finish the work.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #420

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sounds real positive to me!! Just don't try and push it to much. I have this thing about if it feels good do it. If it hurts wait another day. I should have had the truck done but i am not getting paid for it so i am taking my time. If i don't feel that great i can start up with the easier things. In the end it will pay itself back so i stumble on. May your work be as fun, Dan