Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #421

7yrs ago when I shut down my business it was for the sole reason to make it easier to set up and break down and to make it more profitable.It is for the sole purpose of supplying me with some of the retirement income as well.Of the 4 projects I have spoken about in this thread,none of them are less important.Now having to deal with another road block in health issues I need to be very clear to anyone reading this.I would rather die trying than fail.The M/H is a residence for me in the future and certainly a cornerstone of the business plan.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #422

Vintage RV Owners Club
Its not a business but i am doing the same. Full-timing with a rv and travel. Its that or die too!! It really hurts that we haven't been anywhere in 5 years now. I miss our travels!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #423

Exclamation

On Tuesday morning I am heading back to the hospital for a second Angioplasty to see why I am still having problems with chest compression and shortness of breath.This has gone on since Dec and hasn't improved.I'm told it is to check only because of the bleed in my brain/stroke, to put in another stent with blood thinners is very high risk.I am hoping I am not force to make a bad decision while laying on the table that would either kill me or render me helpless for the rest of my life with another stroke.It is certainly scarey times.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #424

Vintage RV Owners Club
I hear ya fellow. In my Prayers. Let us know how it goes. I am going down to see my doctor Tuesday. Sounds like a date?? Dan
Old 03-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #425

Thanks Dan.

Some pictures of Rufus:

Old 03-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #426

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sweet ride there!! I like it!! Dan
Old 03-05-2012, 04:02 AM   #427

I am very anxious to get Rufus on the road,but I have to wait to catch up on some bills first.In the meantime I have it in the shop checking it out and I am trying to decide if I want to try to tackle putting in the clutch myself.It does look like a bear of a job.There is dropping the crossover exhaust where the studs for that are always very rusty and a risk of breaking one off is very real meaning needing to take off a manifold a real pita.Also I don't have a torch to heat them up.There are two bolts at the top sides that I am told by a Sonoma web site are a bear to get to.It has a NV2500 tranny in it that means the trans and bellhousing is all one making it huge to deal with.

It has a hydro clutch system that the throwout bearing is the release point meaning it has no clutch fork and I would have to open that line to get it apart and then try to bleed it.

It has a round bottom so I don't think a standard tranny jack would work.GM cast into the housing two holes(one on each side) that seem to me to make sense makes use of a special tranny jack saddle with two pins to fit up into it.

Sick or not,I rent this shop to do the work myself,and before having my old shop the approach was we did it all.Everytime I send out work because I fear having problems,paying someone else makes the rent on the shop go up indirectly.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #428

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, It is no fun when you can't do it yourself. I had a S-10 several years ago. It had a Automatic and i took it out twice. The thing you really need is some pent. oil. and a 3-4 foot extension in 3/8 Drive. We used a strap on the stand to hold the tranny on. The y pipe wasn't all that hard on mine. Maybe i was lucky...
Old 03-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #429

Heading to bed shortly Dan.We have been web friends for a number yrs.I get up at 5:30AM to get ready to make the biggest decision of my life at the hospital.If it works out bad,I wanted to say Thank You for everything and good bye.

Gary
Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #430

Vintage RV Owners Club
Just don't die on me old man!!! You got plenty of miles on that older coach you have!!! We want to meet down south yet!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:51 AM   #431

The test showed no blockage and yet I still have problems.BTW-I was just passing along what I was told to you guys.Seeing three doctors between now and Tues(and yet another week slipped threw my fingers)someone is getting fired.I am fed up with this.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #432

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sic them!! I am glad to see that you had a good test. No Blockage is a good thing. What are the other tests?? Heart?? Still in Prayers! Hang in there, Dan
Old 03-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #433

Vintage RV Owners Club
update??
Old 03-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #434

Vintage RV Owners Club
I hope you are ok buddy!!! Hope to hear from you soon, Dan