Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2012, 04:59 AM   #435

Yesterday did another MRI and on Tues doing a pulmonary test.Have to wait until tests results are back.Tried to replace primary doctor and was told they don't switch doctors within the same practice.That I would have to find another doctor in another practice.Waiting to see test results and I am going to tell the primary doctor we don't share the same vision for my care and don't connect.Going to tell her we do really need to talk about that more.

Guy..............I do so very much want to get back on topic with this thread posting about the RV project.Please bear with me while I wade there these health issues.
fleamarketer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #436

Vintage RV Owners Club
I can do that. I just don't want to loose you to something and not find out till i have to say goodbye. I have lost several friends here and at the other rv site. Take care and will wit to see how you are coming along with the truck and the rv. Check in later, Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #437

Rufus is at the tranny shop to have the clutch put in.Hoping it is going to go in without any problems.Suppose to get it back on Friday.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #438

Vintage RV Owners Club
Glad to hear it!! Should have a good truck when it is finished.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #439

Clutch is in and a new rad is going in two wks.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #440

Vintage RV Owners Club
Kool! Now what is next??
Old 03-31-2012, 05:24 AM   #441

A radiator/oil coolant lines & oil coolant adapter gaskets.Fresh oil change with Wix oil filter.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #442

Vintage RV Owners Club
What oil do you use?? Seems i have the best luck with Valvoline myself. I also have used Castor Oil before with good results. Anyway, its looking really good on your end of the country. Best to you, Dan
Old 03-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #443

Penz-oil user for yrs.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:32 PM   #444

Vintage RV Owners Club
You fellas.... I read Castor oil and thought to myself... wow... folks are using Castor oil in their vehicles now? I know of a fella who heats his home with used motor oil, and uses something else strange in his vehicle.... but I'd never heard of folks using Castor oil... then I realized you must be talking about a brand name! LOL!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #445

Vintage RV Owners Club
He!He!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #446

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
You fellas.... I read Castor oil and thought to myself... wow... folks are using Castor oil in their vehicles now? I know of a fella who heats his home with used motor oil, and uses something else strange in his vehicle.... but I'd never heard of folks using Castor oil... then I realized you must be talking about a brand name! LOL!
Aaaaa-a country boy remembering Mom's home remedy.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #447

Vintage RV Owners Club
O yeah!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 02:45 AM   #448

Thumbs up

Well in the continuing quest to make this truck turn key reliable today Rufus gets a new rad,thermostat,gasket,cap,oil cooler lines,fresh antifreeze,oil cooler adapter gaskets and O-rings,oil change and Wix oil filter,cleaned up battery pick and pull tray and painted with POR 15,painted with battery terminals protected paint,repaired fuel line from replaced fuel filter(yeah those nylon fuel line crimp clamps are a pita),drivers side door pins,bushings and door spring,replacement third door handle,O2 sensors.Got a check engine light that scans as a O2 sensors.If all goes well that should clean up the mechanics on this short of Delco cap,rotor,wires,and plugs and a new rear cover and gasket for the rear end which I will do next week.Then the NYS inspection.

Once all the above is settled in we can move onto the body work and paint.Because of some real crappy bondo work on the passenger cab corner and the bottom of the third door we found with a magnet,the box has got to come off.I haven't decided if I am going to replace the box with a step side box that is a clean no rust one or do the same for another freight side box.I do want to just R & R the third door with a rust free one.And because of having to remove the box I am considering a color change to the Ole Yellar dark mustard yellow with silver metal flake clear coated.