Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #449

Vintage RV Owners Club
Extension ladder to get up on the roof and using another extension ladder (supported on the side walls) with a pillow or two to sit/lie on works on the roof. I just did the re-sealing on our MH.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #450

Naw-not for me.Rented scaffolding is the only way I am going to do this.I have a shop I can pull in the RV into so weather won't be a issue.With cleaning and drying,seam sealing,two coats of primer,two or three coats of roof coatings,time span estimates is 10 days.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:04 AM   #451

Each roof coating of Snow Roof Systems needs to cure for 48 hrs in constant 50 degree dry weather before another one can be applied.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #452

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
If you use Liquid Roof, it recommends one thicker coat as opposed to 2. Also even though you really don't want it wet, if it does get wet it is still sealed. Pretty awesome stuff.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:40 AM   #453

Pat-with the amount of research we have done,I am going to stick with Snow Roof Systems.And I recommend to anyone else too.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:32 AM   #454

Well not on topic,but Dan and I have been trading health issues over the yrs and here is a update:

It just shy of a yr when all the health issues reared it's ugly head. I fired my primary care doctor mainly because we didn't share the same goals. Yesterday I went threw a MRI of my spine. Actually I was in there for a very tough 2 hrs. I called the new primary care doctor because of sore tongue and they fit me in to see him.While there he tells me he has the results of the MRI.Pretty damm good the next day. We finally found it.The MRI shows the holes in my spine where the nerves branch off closing up and could explain the multi issues I have been living with. He gave me a name of a neural surgeon for a console.The surgeon can't see until march and the same for the pain clinic,but atleast I now know why.

So atleast we finally found it.

The second part of this post is do not accept doctors advise at face value.Second opinions matter.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:16 AM   #455

I wish you the very best marry Christmas
Old 01-29-2013, 03:19 AM   #456

Unhappy

With a very heavy heart,I concluded that I wasn't able to finish this project and having it under construction left me with not much to sell.Still running and driving I scraped the motor home on 1/28/13.

Here in Roch,NY I found there was only one place that would take it and they discount the scale wt by 50% for all the items that are in them that isn't metal.So I lost big.

So for now it is fair well and I will surf the site from time to time.

I want to say thank you to a number of you who I feel I have shared a kinship over the yrs.

Gary
Old 01-29-2013, 06:13 AM   #457

Sorry to here my friend best wishes to you wish I had a few dollars to complete mine.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #458

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wink

Sorry to hear about that! Hope you can find another one that doesn't have to be rebuilt. Hope you start feeling better. Stay in touch, Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #459

truly sorry to read that. Hope life gets better for ya!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #460

Winnebago Owners Club
This truly breaks my heart. I could tell from your posts that you have a passion for your rebuild. I hope things turn out well for you. I hope you do continue to browse this forum from time to time becaus I am just starting my rebuild, and I will be needing your coaching and advice. God bless you.