Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:42 PM   #85

Thanks folks.I'll have more on this after Mon/Tues.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2007, 05:27 PM   #86

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey there, How is it going? I go on a walkabout and ya all slack up!!!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:15 PM   #87

Going kind of slow.Bad week for sure.Went to pick up the LT where it was parked in place of the RV and found someone stole the plates.Grrrrr.And this is a storeage place with a huge fence and a camera.NYS DMV not a nice place to be for replacements.Took two days of running around.

The strange thing I am still finding is sheet medal about 10" to 12" wide and about 15" to 20" long glued between the blueboard and the luan at random in the ceiling.No pattern at all.Not sure what these are for.Maybe it's there for vibration.Guess I got to find out why before I replace the ceiling.

Worked late at my P/T job at Lowes tonight,so just to see more done I went out for alittle while tonight and scraped more off the ceiling.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:11 PM   #88

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey man, you freezing up there yet?? How is the work coming?? You got to have some of the work done yes?? Need a update!! Pictures???
Old 10-20-2007, 12:37 AM   #89

Well Dan,
The design of this MH has kind of thrown me thru a loop.Those side pcs I keep talking about I have decided don't need to be removed to repair the ceiling.Again I was in it today in a really hard rain storm and found the seam by the vent and bathroom vent the only place where there is any leaks.I'm going with the suggestions Lorna had in that the leaks that created the ceiling damage I have found where old and someone sealed the roof seams,but didn't repair the ceiling.I haven't figured out the ceiling in the rear of the MH yet by the bathroom.That is where there is a trim pc inside where the luan just seems to be stuck between that trim pc and the rear roof tube hoop.I'm going to have to take off the fiberglass rear cap to look at the repairs to the rear wall in the passenger side.

No camera yet.Grrrrrrrrr.Checked that out and is going to cost for what I want about 200 bucks.Working on a deal for a parts van for the 350 engine for Ole Yellar.

Frustration and alittle depression because it doesn't look like the move to Atl for the winter is going to happen now.(Again)I know with the arthritis I have I'm going to suffer thru the winter(I have started to take Aleve again for the pain) and my window for Baby's repair is closing soon given the weather.

Well that is all for now.I am hoping to get more done today.Sorry for all the off topic info.Needed to tell you where I am at so you understood better.

Gary
Old 10-20-2007, 08:57 PM   #90

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, Know what ya mean! The weather has been nice here but I have been having a lot of problems with my health too!! I may have to go on the needle...This sucks!!My fingers are feel'in like pincushions!!
Old 10-21-2007, 03:16 AM   #91

Fleamarketer. I read your post through twice and could not find anything Off Topic.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:04 PM   #92

Vintage RV Owners Club
Huh??
Old 10-21-2007, 05:33 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally posted by fleamarketer:

Well that is all for now.I am hoping to get more done today.Sorry for all the off topic info.Needed to tell you where I am at so you understood better.

Gary
He is apologizing for "off topic" content that I could not find. Simply put no need to apologize at all.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:06 PM   #94

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thats why I said HUH???? What off topic????
Old 10-22-2007, 06:42 PM   #95

Dan has never found a subject that was off topic!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #96

Well, the SUBJECT is never OFF TOPIC. . .

I mean really. . . .

Old 10-23-2007, 01:55 PM   #97

Vintage RV Owners Club
Is it safe to come back here?? I thought I was the one in the wild west who needed a gun!!! Sanjay R, and I wonder if we can get back to having fun. we need that in our life's so the rv problems don't overwhelm us...
Old 10-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #98

Thanks folks.Yeah,I could use to get back to having fun.But nothing good comes easy.I'll be back on the job of the repair tomorrow.