Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:56 PM   #99

Vintage RV Owners Club
Glad to hear that buddy!! I have that bad feeling again about mine, but I am going down to the city tomorrow anyway so I will see what they have done. Hope you have some good weather so You can get it done! Later buddy,

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally posted by fleamarketer:
...nothing good comes easy...
I hear ya there. I have been riding out the rain and hoping that I can get my roof done too. I have had some moisture in it so I am praying for some dry days to get it aired out and capped off. I hope you have some good luck as well!!!!

Freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:12 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally posted by Freebie:...I am praying for some dry days to get it aired out and capped off...
I'm sure it will rain either Thursday or Friday. We close on the house on Friday and will head up to Johnson City (TN) on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. With the drought, I'm not going to complain about a little rain.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:47 PM   #102

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey buddy, What have you been getting into?? Any new work going on? I will see about getting some pictures of mine for you and the forum,
Old 11-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #103

The bad,the good and me.

The bad is I didn't make the weather window to finsh the roof repair.I am stuck in Roch NY with a bad case of arthritis where it is going to be a very painful winter.

The good is over the winter I will get together all the parts I need to finsh the roof and RV.That shopping list will include a new Frig,skylight,super vent,new A/C cover,new frig stack cap,snow roof coating and all the things for sealing the seams and primer,rebuild the shower wall(all the materials for that),tile for the bathroom floor,wood flooring by the
side door,carpeting for the rest,panneling for the wall covering,ceiling coverings,wood doors for the cabinets,new stove hood,new curtins,new bedding.I will try hard to make the roof as weather tight as I can for the winter storeage.I will remove the current broken vent and tape seal a flashing over the hole.

Sadly I failed in finshing my roof repair before the weather closed in and was unable to make the move to ATL,GA.I will make sure I have all the parts on hand come spring.

As the winter goes by,I will continue to post to this thread for the most recent parts I have gotten.Alittle beaten,but more than ever commited to my RV Baby.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:21 AM   #104

sunday the 11th.going to Lowes to get flashing material and sealer to cover hole from broken vent.Going to take Baby to repair shop to look into why engine battery keeps going flat and rewire batteries more to my spec's.Getting set up for winter storeage.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #105

Vintage RV Owners Club
How much of that white stuff did you get?? Temps?? Wish you was in Arizona Yet?? Its a little cool today,only in the 70's
Old 11-12-2007, 02:44 AM   #106

Dan,
Just bought the flashing,tape and some roof glue.Cost $20.00 for that alone.When I get ready for the skylight,I'll be throwing 20 bucks away.grrrrrr.Need just 4hrs of 50 degree weather for it to cure.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:52 PM   #107

Vintage RV Owners Club
Trade your problems for mine...What a headache !!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:50 AM   #108

*sigh* Felicity is badly in need of roof repairs. Got a fairly heavy rain over the weekend, and the forward area was just streaming water from the forward light and the forward vent. So if I have to make new bows for the roof, how much thicker should it be in the center than on the ends? Would you use a circular saw to do that? How thick should the decking be up there? Oh, and I have a small step in my roof. Will that make a super-big problem for me? My roof is aluminum now, should I go to EPDM?

Should I take these questions back over to my rebuild thread?

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:12 PM   #109

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi Sanjay, going along with what I saw when they were doing mine, they use a 2X4 about 1 1/2" on the ends and 2 1/2" in the center. They used 3/8" cdx plug and touched plywood for the roof and they used EDPM but you could use aluminum if you want. I have seen Rv's with the raise but I don't know if that is fiberglass and or metal.It looks like metal so they built a shelf to rise that up and used the aluminum as it was easier to work with. I'm not to sure but they may not have had EDPM roofing back then, Can't remember.. You could use either one.Whatever way you go make sure its smooth! They sanded mine real good and vacuumed it and laid down the rubber. They use a rubber cement to help hold down the roof and then where it is under the flashing joints they used lap sealer for that rubber roof. Also around any of the vents and any openings and the ladder too. They may be slow but the work is pretty much first class, Or at least on the roof. Since Art was the one doing the roof and floor That was done right the other stuff that was messed up, That was done by the other help that don't work there anymore! Anyway, getting back to yours I would go that way. The reason they used a 1 1/2" on the ends is to mate with the walls flush. You may have to change the dimensions to work with what you got. Sound like fun?? Not to me!! I cheated because I didn't want all that fun! I know My doctor would have a heart attack if he saw me doing some of the things I have done. Anyway good luck fellow!! let us know how it is going,
Old 11-23-2007, 02:31 PM   #110

Well,
Baby is over at the repair shop for all new LED trim lights,NYS inspection,replace tranny rubber cooler lines,redo home batteries,(yes I added a extra deep cell battery to the home side),repair dash A/C,remount second battery for the home on the drivers side fender well(in the engine compartment),new engine battery cables,replace all headlights with high output headlights,and might add fog lights.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:19 PM   #111

Vintage RV Owners Club
OK, Its been a week, Whats happening???
Old 11-30-2007, 04:08 PM   #112

Well Dan to be honest about it,I'm going to the repair shop on Sat to go over a list of things I want done as I posted in my last post.

Not much is going to be done to the Rv until I have gone to get the V8 for Old Yellar on the 19th.To do that I need to car trailer the van which has already been converted to a 350 V8 from Evansville IND back to Roch NY.and transplant the 350 into Ole Yellar.