Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:30 PM   #113

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey buddy, Hope you have a great time this week,Sholom!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2007, 05:51 PM   #114

Vintage RV Owners Club
So, How does it go??

Old 12-27-2007, 02:12 PM   #115

Well folks I haven't given up.The tow which was supposed to happen over the holiday wkend didn't happen.The guy who was supposed to lend me his trailer was a no show.So the donor TBI 350 Astro for Ole Yellar is still there in Evensville In needing to get towed back to Roch.Starting Jan 1 I will start collecting all the needed parts to finsh Baby.More deturmined than ever before.As time goes by I will post what I bought and why.Gary
Old 12-27-2007, 07:38 PM   #116

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hope for a better new year!!
Old 12-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #117

Dan-there is a old saying.It is what you make it.This yr is going to be a good new year.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:05 PM   #118

Vintage RV Owners Club
I'm hoping that too!
Old 01-24-2008, 01:06 AM   #119

Well the tow from h.ll started on this past Monday to get the donor V8 Astro back from Evansville In to Roch NY.Got as far as 40 miles outside of Cleveland and smelled antifreeze.Nothing on the ground and not wet inside the passenger side.Thought it was the heater core and turned it around back to Roch.Cost $120 in gas plus tolls.Grrr.Got to look at it on Tues and found it was rotted hose clamps the we replaced only a yr ago for the rear heater.Before I went I changed the oil and filter on the LT.I have been a Fram filter guy for about 20yrs or more.Read a report that made take note about Frams filters and how cheaply they are made.So this time I used a Wex filter rated very high.I am very happy with it so far.When you step on the gas the oil pressure stays up for a long time afterwards.Got something to do with how the valving works better on the Wex filter and it filters more on them over the Fram design.Noticeable difference between the two.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #120

Vintage RV Owners Club
i don't know about you but I am going to be moving soon... To a place warmer than here!! Hot in the summer and warmer in the winter..,Thats what I need!!! Maybe south Texas or south N.M. thinking about April, Hope so. Check out this place,
http://www.roadrunnercampground.com/
Old 02-03-2008, 07:50 AM   #121

Seems nice. You may want to visit first. Pictures can be deceiving.

Stacey is now talking about moving out with Anna next year. Anna and her "insignificant other" are thinking about moving back to Socorro NM in the spring. Stacey has been complaining about the cold here. She's staying in the house we are rehabbing, unlike David & I who are staying in the <STRIKE>icebox</STRIKE>... ummmm.... RV.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:55 PM   #122

Well I have been off line since the first of the month while I moved closer to my P/T job at Lowes and a place that is cheaper because it includes all in the rent.(yeppers-more money for finshing projects.Who Ha)I have paid for camping spots at Lake Bluff for June 27th to the 4th.Baby has to be done by then.I will posting lots more about the progress in the very near future.Anyways-it's good to be back on line with all you good folks and I have missed you all while I was gone.Gary
Old 02-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #123

Vintage RV Owners Club
Glad to hear you are back again!! missed you around here!! been busy and gonna stay that way for awhile. Main issues are the toad as My Mazda died. Anyway Hope you start thawing out up that way soon! The mail has been all screwed up because of the snow and all that mess there. Spring is supposed to be early as the fat rat didn't see his shadow! I am ready for it!! Catch it later,
Old 02-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #124

Yeah Dan I knew about the new toad.I have been following along that before I moved.I am sure am glad to hear your tests showed clear for cancer.You and I need to met in person so I can learn RV camping from one of the masters.(yepper you)The camp site I am going to on 6/27 to 7/4 is Lake Bluff-7150 Garner Road-Wolcott,N.Y.If your in the area stop by.I do have tons of work to do before then and will be posting what I am doing.A camera is in the planing as well so it will be easier to see what I am talking about.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #125

Vintage RV Owners Club
the way things are going right now, I am wondering if I will go anywhere!!
Old 02-23-2008, 12:54 PM   #126

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Don't say good yet...I have to do more testing as they took more blood for testing and now I am to report Tuesday Morning for More testing. When I find out will let you all know.
I did post a couple of pictures of the bumper hitch and it isn't bad, Not bad at all!! beleave it or not That bumper is from a old Coachmen trailer that had died along time ago!! Its fitting that I have a coachmen motorhome and towing a Isuzu with a Coachmen bumper. And like the trailers, I can put my sewer hoses into them and put the end caps on to hold them there! Not to bad of a idea!! I will check in later,