Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
I have two fans on the front of mine. If you have a relay close to the fan or can trace the wires from the fan back you should find a relay. There should be a green wire taped into the compressor wire and should be a red on the main battery terminal. There "could" be a separate set of wires, Small and colored grey, That should go through the radiator that tells the front fan to come on when the temp gets about 210. If the a/c is on the fan should be running. First is run a temp wire from fan to hot. If the fans starts up then it is a fuse. Look for one near the starting battery and it could be bad or corroded fuse Maybe a bad wire at the battery. You will get better colder a/c with the fan working. The over- heating will be mainly the engine fan. I think all are correct in that the fan clutch needs to be replaced.

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #30

It's now repaired I hope. I picked it up yesterday afternoon. They replaced the fan, a low pressure switch and the dryer. The fan works and comes on at about 190 to 200 degrees water temp. It makes a high pitched squeal. I'm getting cool air so far. I just hope it lasts. It cost a lot, over $800, and they had a hard time finding a low pressure switch. Thanks everyone for all your help.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafxman View Post
It's now repaired I hope. I picked it up yesterday afternoon. They replaced the fan, a low pressure switch and the dryer. The fan works and comes on at about 190 to 200 degrees water temp. It makes a high pitched squeal. I'm getting cool air so far. I just hope it lasts. It cost a lot, over $800, and they had a hard time finding a low pressure switch. Thanks everyone for all your help.
On my 2004 coach the two electric fans are cycling on and off with the AC on. This causes the AC to blow hot air, not cooling well at all. On my recent trip I hot wired the fans directly to the battery and the AC worked better than it ever has. Pressures @ 40# and 240#. Compressor runs continously, I feel there should be no fan cycling when AC is on. Any ideas why these condenser fans will not run continously with the AC on. ??
Old 08-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #32

Sounds like the fans are wired to the compressor wire rather than the wire that comes off the dash switch that is hot when you turn the a/c on. The dash switch should activate a relay that powers the fans.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka5gyo View Post
On my 2004 coach the two electric fans are cycling on and off with the AC on. This causes the AC to blow hot air, not cooling well at all. On my recent trip I hot wired the fans directly to the battery and the AC worked better than it ever has. Pressures @ 40# and 240#. Compressor runs continously, I feel there should be no fan cycling when AC is on. Any ideas why these condenser fans will not run continously with the AC on. ??
In addition to checking the above, the other possibility is that the LOW SPEED FAN RELAY is not working. The fans come on with the AC and run on low continuously until the HIGH PRESSURE LIMIT SWITCH calls for the HIGH SPEED FAN RELAY to engage to move more air.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
In addition to checking the above, the other possibility is that the LOW SPEED FAN RELAY is not working. The fans come on with the AC and run on low continuously until the HIGH PRESSURE LIMIT SWITCH calls for the HIGH SPEED FAN RELAY to engage to move more air.
Thanks guys. I look forward to hunting down these relays. Be a while till I get to work on it again (out of town). If you think of something else, please mention it. I think the fans are cycling on engine tempature only, and if there is a AC relay , not working at all.

Tags
fan