Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Need Coleman Oven Temp Regulator

I've looked, searched on the stove model number (2224-602), etc. Searched on the part model number (B6042H0006, F1D, B6042, etc.) with no luck. Searched on Coleman oven temp regulator, no luck.

So hoping to get lucky here. My oven won't light. Pilot works. Only thing it can be is the thermopile or the regulator (both come as one piece assembled). So I'm looking for help on locating one. I've been to several Coleman related websites including their own. But the regulator looks pretty generic. Propane pilot and oven connections and the thermopile plus the gas bar connection.

The only other piece of info on the part is there is a stamp mark "1/2 CU FT"

Is there any hope of replacing this? The rest of the stove is clean and complete. Don't want to replace the entire stove for this one part. All the info is here, but I can provide pictures if you think it may help.

micalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2014, 04:35 AM   #2
Certainly post pictures.

Have you tried any of the RV salvage yards?

94-Newmar Kountry Star 40-KSDP
Spartan/Cummins 8.3C-300HP/Allison 3060 WTEC-II/25yr RV Tech RVIA Certified/Onan-Cummins Certified
94-Newmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:09 AM   #3
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Tell me if my oven valve is operating correctly

Sorry, I'm not on my computer with the pictures, but all the info on the regulator is posted above.

This trailer is new to me and I am new to RV appliances, so I don't really have a lot of history with how propane appliances are supposed to work. I think my valve works, but either slowly, intermittently or is just 'sticky' inside. The thing is forty years old after all.

Pilot flame on. Turn oven knob to any temp. After several seconds up to a minute the valve engages (clicks) and the pilot ignites a starter pilot (?? a larger flame to light the burner?) and a short while (up to 20 seconds) later the burner ignites. Seems to operate much more quickly if it was just turned off then on again.

So it works but seems flakey. Getting the valve to click is the key, but the time for it to do that varies greatly and seems to be aided by tapping on the valve or shaking the knob, though that is not consistent. That's why I say it seems 'sticky'. The thermopile is permanently attached, so I can't replace that independently.

What is normal operation for this type of valve? Is there normally a long or variable time before the regulator valve engages the propane supply to the burner? Can I expect the oven temp to be regulated properly after it reaches the set temperature? Guess I could get the DW to bake some cookies. Scientific research, of course. No other reason than scientific research.
micalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:26 PM   #4
I believe what you are talking about is known as an oven thermostat. The bulb at the end of the wire attached to the thermocouple is it's sensor. The sensor is usually fastened to something stationary (but not too close to any flame!) inside the oven allowing it to read the oven temp, allowing the thermostat to control it.

It sounds like it's working to me, and that would not be that unusual in my experience. Put an oven thermometer in the oven and monitor it for a while. If it holds a relatively constant temp, it's probably fine.
1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is offline   Reply With Quote