Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2015, 12:00 PM   #1

need help locating tail light part. 76 dodge

well went to get my motorhome at the storage lot on Saturday, and it was vandalized! among the things I have to cleanup on the inside and replace, the only thing on the outside was the tail lights. I NEED HELP locating the bases
if anyone has a set of these bases( I have extra lens) I would be interested. maybe you know of a rv in a junk yard that has these tail lights, wasting away

Passenger side, I can cleanup, I got it working again.

the drivers side is beyond repair.

part number on the back of the base is MIRO-Flex 350, Miro-Flex 360 is the part number of the lens'

Just a picture of our setup
chicknnhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2015, 12:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicknnhead View Post
well went to get my motorhome at the storage lot on Saturday, and it was vandalized! among the things I have to cleanup on the inside and replace, the only thing on the outside was the tail lights. I NEED HELP locating the bases
if anyone has a set of these bases( I have extra lens) I would be interested. maybe you know of a rv in a junk yard that has these tail lights, wasting away.
chicknnhead
How about these?
Grote RV Triple Tail Light 51342-5 - $37.90
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:21 PM   #3

thanks, I have seen those, the way my RV body contour is my current bases are offset between top and bottom, i'm afraid with the ones you posted those will point down, but if I can't find the needle in the hey stack, I might end up with those kind
Old 07-13-2015, 12:22 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Sorry to hear of your vandalism. Here's a couple of links:
Miro-Flex #341 Tail light with Back-Up (RH & LH) - Taillights - Lighting - Electrical
Miro-Flex® - #341 Tail Light

Here's a pretty complete list of RV salvage yards:
RV Salvage/Surplus Yards (List) Updated 7/7/15 - RV Forums - myRVparks.com

Also, the SAE number next to the MIRO-Flex 360 is better used to identify the light fixture.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:00 PM   #5

thanks Bflinn, I have started reaching out to salvage places and done a nation wide CL search for guys parting these old girls. few promising leads but nothing so far.

I updated the add to list the lens part number as well which you are correct is the 360

the 340 and341 all are flush mount which puts me back to same thought with the style mel suggested. but those are cheaper, just not sure how the metal on metal would do, guess I could put some of that green rv tape caulks stuff they have...thinking out loud here
Old 08-02-2015, 10:24 AM   #6

Hi running into similar problems with my '72 Robin Hood. Your best bet is finding something readily available and customizing a mounting to fit your siding pattern. Would be a little work, but easier than searching for the "needle". One of the reasons I decided on complete rebuild with new materials.
Good Hunting!
Espinoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:44 AM   #7

These might work a wedge base is also available that should get them at the right
angle.
Optronics International > PRODUCTS > RV Lighting > RV Tail Lights > Products
Old 08-11-2015, 07:29 AM   #8

thanks guys, I think i'm going to have to go the "new" route then have a buddy make me a base with the contour I need. it seems the new lights are all flush mount

at least the LED are, which is what I plan to go to. hopefully no wiring issues there
Old 08-17-2015, 07:32 PM   #9

Shoot me a measurement between the cover mounting screw holes.
JesseMN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, dodge, light, need help