Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #1

need manual and wire diagrams

I have a 30 ft Silver Eagle on a Oshkosh MC-18FGC serial number 025905 chassis and sure would like to find a manual for that chassis.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm not sure but someone may need the year of that chassis. Just a thought.

Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
I'm not sure but someone may need the year of that chassis. Just a thought.
It's a 1991 but it might be a 1990 chassis, I have the build sheet and on it there is an invoice date of 3/15/91 it's an oshkosh chassis made in a JDEERE plant
Old 02-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #4

Unless the documentation was a LOT better back then, I don't give much for your chances. As I understand it from what other members have posted, things are wired up to a factory schematic without any regard for wire color codes.

Also, if my experience with FR Georgetown is any measure, the "Owner's Manual" is so generic that it's only good for lighting your campfire.
2002 Georgetown 325, Ford F53 with V10
frankdamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdamp View Post
Unless the documentation was a LOT better back then, I don't give much for your chances. As I understand it from what other members have posted, things are wired up to a factory schematic without any regard for wire color codes.

Also, if my experience with FR Georgetown is any measure, the "Owner's Manual" is so generic that it's only good for lighting your campfire.
There must be some diagram out there that will help me to figure this wiring out even if it is not color coded. Someone must have a schematic or at least I hope someone does.

Just figured out that one of my latching relays was bad, it would not disconnect the coach bateries, I ordered one on ebay.

Right now I want to know where the ignition key get's it's power from so I can try to figure out why it does not have power
Old 02-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #6

John Deere main Manual listing is here:
John Deere Ag - New Equipment: Technical Publications - Equipment List

Scroll down to MC - 18 section. Unless I am missing something, you have the gas chassis (18FG) which is listed here:
John Deere Ag - New Equipment: Technical Publications - Publications Search

You order books here:
https://techpubs.deere.com/

And of final note, support for the Oshkosh/john Deere chassis is now provided by Freightliner. You may have to go there for additional information.

Dave
Classic Winnebago Site: http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #7

Also, those manuals only cover the chassis (automotive) portion that Oshkosh built. All the coach stuff (interior lights, furnace, water heater etc.) would be from the coach mfg.

Dave
Old 02-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #8

Does not look like the TM3000 manual is available. You may have to go with the 18 RV chassis manual TM1362. You can get one of those real cheap in the site store over at Classic Winnebagos & Vintage RVs!. It includes all the chassis wiring diagrams as well as most of the mecahnical stuff. Problem with the gas chassis is that the 460 Ford engine and some other things are covered under Ford documentation. Just means you have to approach things from different directions.

Dave
Old 02-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #9

Refer to the post Rsflight made on your other thread:
How to change the ignition switch???

That may be your best hope for a chassis wiring diagram.

Dave

Tags
manual