Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:42 AM   #15

Hi Ken,
Not trying to teach you how to suck eggs but are you sure that there's no OBD1 port on your unit. It will have an ECU so I'd be very surprised if there's no port.

kennyrodgers is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2016, 01:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyrodgers View Post
Hi Ken,
Not trying to teach you how to suck eggs but are you sure that there's no OBD1 port on your unit. It will have an ECU so I'd be very surprised if there's no port.
I'm open to learning new things. I've been told it doesn't have one and I only know what the OBD2 looks like, wonder where it might be and what it looks like? Feel free to help educate me, meanwhile I'll try Google.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:13 PM   #17

I'll be darned . . .
Old 07-24-2016, 01:15 PM   #18

Look what I found:

https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Femal...s=obd1+to+obd2

I already have a Bluetooth OBD2 reader and the full Torque OBD app on my phone. Have to look for an OBD1 port tomorrow.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:17 PM   #19

Arrgh! Just read the reviews, does not work with Bluetooth OBD2 readers.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:13 PM   #20

Obd1 usually is simple shorting out a couple pins and watching and counting check engine light
Old 07-25-2016, 12:17 AM   #21

Hi Ken,
Your right, an OBD2 reader will not work on your coach but there's a good Bluetooth alternative below.
On my 94 the OBD1 port next to the steering column about 6" above the floor.
To get any stored codes you need to bridge terminals A+B with a paper clip or similar then turn on the ignition to the Run (not start) position.

If your ECU is working fine you'll get a series of flashes from your check engine light. It works like this for example.....a code 12 would be
Code 12, one flash for 1, then a short interval then two flashes for 2 = code 12.
or a code 34 for example would be....
Code 34, three flashes for 3, short interval then four flashes for 4 =code 34.

If your ECU is working fine it will flash a code 12 three times (count the flashes) then any stored codes would flash up three times going through each stored code until you get three code 12's once again to let you know it's finished. If you get three code 12's followed by a short break then three more code 12's it's letting you know you have no stored codes.

As for an OBD1 reader I found this little gem called ALDL Droid .It works on either Android or a laptop PC. You'll need to get the software to use it with a PC .

Keep us posted.
kennyrodgers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:56 AM   #22

No luck, the switch that came in this weekend was not the right one.

Here's what I've learned today. The closest match is an Echlin OP6620 switch but the mechanic is telling me that the polarity is wrong. With this switch in, the system functions properly BUT the dash BRAKE light goes off when the autopark is on and on when the autopark is off.

If anyone knows the part number of the switch that does the electrical opposite of the OP6620 I would be thrilled!

Here's a pic of the old switch that failed, thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1469454968133.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	134135  
Old 07-25-2016, 03:35 PM   #23

Worst case scenario is if you have a fitting switch but backwards function then look at using one of the common spdp common auto relays to carry any currents as well as translating the switch.

Common as horn and other controls.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:56 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-55 View Post
No luck, the switch that came in this weekend was not the right one.

Here's what I've learned today. The closest match is an Echlin OP6620 switch but the mechanic is telling me that the polarity is wrong. With this switch in, the system functions properly BUT the dash BRAKE light goes off when the autopark is on and on when the autopark is off.

If anyone knows the part number of the switch that does the electrical opposite of the OP6620 I would be thrilled!

Here's a pic of the old switch that failed, thanks!
I have zero clue what polarity has to do with that switch!

Those type of pressure switches are NC (Normally Closed) or NO (Normally Open) when NOT under pressure. You have one other option! LOL

I have zero experience with the autopark.

Shortly after purchasing my 93 Pace Arrow Diesel pusher on an Oshkosh chassis I was on my back inspecting the underside. I spotted a pressure switch with one of the 2 connectors disconnected. I re-connected & found that when I released the emergency brake the red BRAKE idiot light & alarm would sound. Well, the wrong switch was installed The switch was normally open when not under pressure, should have been closed. Called Freightliner & was able to get the correct switch ordered! Might have to play with the part number.

mchero is offline   Reply With Quote