Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Need your honest opinion please

I have a 1987 Beaver Marque fully loaded DP. In recent years I have had a few bad things come my way and now find myself in a position that I must sell. There are a few minor problems like the branch that fell on my roof and took out the kitchen fan and poked a very small hole in the roof about 4in. it has been covered so water damage was minimal.The large awning is in good shape but needs a spring or something so it will roll back up by itself again. It was last driven 2yrs ago the batteries went dead and wouldn't hold a charge.The motor is a 3208 Cat with 150,000 miles on it not much for a diesel just getting broke in. The Genset has 1300 about hrs on it don't know if that is a good number or not. My question is how much should I ask do to the fact it needs repairs and batteries none of which I can afford. I know what this motor home is worth in good shape but haven't a clue what to ask for now.Thanks for hearing me out,Hugs Peabody

Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #2

Official iRV2 Sponsor

I hate to tell you but the NADA guide suggests a price of only ~$1,500 to 1,800 for a Beaver of this age. With the kind of issues you describe it's difficult to imagine why someone would pay you more than the NADA value.

docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Here a link to a fixer upper....gives you a starting point ...good luck BEAVER MARQUIS MOTOR HOME FOR SALE
Old 09-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
so what has happened with your motorhome ? I do hope you got a better reply then this one ..battery's can be bought from the wrecking yard for less then half of new ..roof repairs .. well sometimes we need to sak for help with that stuff...myself .a diesel motorhome ..in good shape ..like yours well could be worth a lot more then 1500
Old 09-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On a make an offer deal, as is, you have nothing to lose ( not even your ethics) by sticking whatever price you want on it, just disclose the damage and the abundant good points and let the market set the price. I see lots of people craving fixer uppers and buying their "dream" project. It may take some time is all.

A guy I know just paid $5000. for a Blue Bird Bus much older, not running and having set for years. Not sure why he did but he had his eyes wide open and the bus was fully disclosed so its a proper deal.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #6

I paid $3800, for my bus. It was in terrible shape, much worse than yours! I would take some pictures, post it on craigs list and here and see what happens. As a diesel pusher it is a very desirable fixer-upper. $7500?
PeterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
I paid $3800, for my bus. It was in terrible shape, much worse than yours! I would take some pictures, post it on craigs list and here and see what happens. As a diesel pusher it is a very desirable fixer-upper. $7500?
Agree here,,, just the fact it's a DP pretty much doubles the price doesn't it ?? Within reason.. Heck I might be interested if only closer... I'm sure if you advertise it, you'll get interest !!
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #8

Do you know what chassis it has under it?

At the least, you need to get it running to get real interest in it. Even if you had to get some professional help to do so.

Joe
Old 09-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #9

I feel for you, things are tough all over. If you patch the hole which wouldn't cost you much (use alum with rivets and silicone) and get it running you will get twice what you will get for it now. Good luck.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jofo777 View Post
Do you know what chassis it has under it?

At the least, you need to get it running to get real interest in it. Even if you had to get some professional help to do so.

Joe
It's a Gillig chassis,not sure if spelled correctly,but it is a gillig.This is a real nice motor home that needs minor tlc.Poor thing has sat for two years next to dirt road so a bath would do wonders.The original owner put every bell and whistle they had into this home when she purchased it. I'm just sick that I can't afford to fix this motor home so I can get a better price.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjh View Post
so what has happened with your motorhome ? I do hope you got a better reply then this one ..battery's can be bought from the wrecking yard for less then half of new ..roof repairs .. well sometimes we need to sak for help with that stuff...myself .a diesel motorhome ..in good shape ..like yours well could be worth a lot more then 1500
I still have the motor home and yes I have gotten many replies.I'm just very discouraged that I can't even afford to buy junkyard batteries just to prove that it will start. I hope I don't sound like I'm whining,I just want to get it sold so I can move on and put the old life behind me.Peabody
Old 09-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peabody View Post
My question is how much should I ask do to the fact it needs repairs and batteries none of which I can afford. I know what this motor home is worth in good shape but haven't a clue what to ask for now.Thanks for hearing me out,Hugs Peabody
Why not test the market? You can start out at a higher price and drop it but you cannot do the opposite. Consider the economy, location and the season when setting the price. It's so nice that you are being honest about the problems. Good luck to you.