Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Needed, 1979 Pace Arrow Body Builders manual.

Looking through all the manuals I have it mentions a body builders manual that has the entire wiring harness. Anyone have a copy? 1979 Pace Arrow 28.6 V model.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #2

As far as the coach information, that may not be achievable. Unless someone has them, Fleetwood is your source for information.

As far as the chassis portion that is available. If it is a Dodge Chassis, you can get a manual in the site store over at Classic Winnebagos. I also have many of the Dodge chassis wiring diagrams at my website (http://dave78chieftain.zxq.net/). If it is a Chevy chassis, then you need the Chevy Light duty truck manual set (multi-book set) for the year model of your chassis. One thing you have to remember is that typically a coach Mfg will build this years coach (i.e 1979) on the previous year chassis (i.e 1978). You need to know the chassis year model (Chassis VIN) to acquire the correct chassis book. Chevy bundled the P chassis (MH & bread truck) information in with the C/K pickup information.

79 Chevy Light Truck: Bishko Automobile Liturature available for 1979, Chevytruck, Shop Manual. Best deal is the CD-ROM because it has all the books on it.

78 Chevy Light Truck: Bishko Automobile Liturature available for 1978, Chevytruck, Shop Manual Again CD-ROM is best deal.

Dave

Classic Winnebago Site: http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Dave i have the Bishko CD-rom. Its excellent but its the motorhome wiring itself I'm having trouble with. I just looked at it some more in the dark using a flashlight and It appears that alot of black cables/wires are used that should be hot and not ground. Tomorrow morning I'm going to just simply hotwire it to drive it home and get some photos. Simple HEI and Carb make that easy enough and I won't have to worry about shorting anything out on the road. Main issue I discovered was that the ground cable from the chassis battery was run direct to house batteries and then to the sheet metal firewall. IMO it should be grounded to the frame similar to the cable from the left rear cylinder head which is grounded to the frame.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #4

For 120VAC cables, black is hot and white is nuetral. That approach gets rolled over to 12VDC at times. I prefer 12 volt red and black myself. Still that black wire confusion can be troublesome at times.
Ground to frame rail is a definite yes.

Dave
Classic Winnebago Site: http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Well a friend attempted to assist me this afternoon but I cut that adventure short on purpose due to circumstances beyond my control. Ya know sometimes friends shouldn't let friends wire drunk LOL
Old 11-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragingbull View Post
Well a friend attempted to assist me this afternoon but I cut that adventure short on purpose due to circumstances beyond my control. Ya know sometimes friends shouldn't let friends wire drunk LOL

that may explain why it took me 6 days to re-wire my motorhome from 30amp to 50amp

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual