Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2019, 02:56 PM   #897

Well, i put my notice in at work on 9/27. I told the boss I’d give him 3 weeks, and also be available for consulting on an as needed basis after I’m gone. This has truly been the hardest job change I’ve ever experienced. Actually, I’m not sure I’ve ever felt this much grief over anything since i watched my dad go thru lung cancer and then pass away. Leaving a job as a machine operator is nothing like leaving a management position where people actually depend on you for almost everything. It’s truly saddening. That said, so far I’ve had an iron will... the boss has offered me the world to stay, including some ownership, but I just can’t do it. It’s sad because owning a business has always been a dream of mine since 3rd grade when I was taking kids lunch money in exchange for post it notes and candy... but there are issues with the owner and his family that I can never overcome, and honestly it’s not probably right of me to try anyways. If I had the financial resources to buy majority shares, I’d consider it, but the reality is that I don’t, and I don’t know anyone I trust with those resources to partner with either. The place has grown so much in the last 6 years that it’s just too big for me to get into now. Yet another dream that gets the knife down through it.

As far as the RV goes... it’s getting winterized and put away for the season. We can’t plan any trips for next year, and we don’t plan to plan any until we see how the new job goes. I’m not planning on starting the new siding project in the foreseeable future either. I was able to negotiate a little more pay at the new job, making my hourly value go up significantly from where I’m at now... but again, the difference is that working more to earn more goes out the window because the new job is salary. Hopefully I will perform well enough that over the next 12 months earnings will go up some more... and maybe someday we can do some more RVing... the issue will be though, that I won’t be permitted to take 2 weeks off at a time anymore... the trips out west will be yet another dream that needs to be laid down. The good news is that we were blessed to see as much as we did over the last 7 years, despite all the trouble we’ve had... it’s important to remember that.

All for now. I don’t imagine you will see too many more updates from me on here for a while... but heck who knows what can change. In the meantime, one foot in front of the other...

Cheers
Piker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #898

Gulf Streamers Club
Best of luck with your new employment opportunity. And you still might be able to take trips in the RV. Just shorter, closer to home. That is what we did when work would not let us go for long trips. Just a day or two will get the juices flowing and re-energize.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:04 PM   #899

Best of luck to you!!
Old 10-12-2019, 11:28 PM   #900

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Piker, I agree with Ron, Just taking shorter trips, will give you a reset, when you need it!
Good luck with your new job, and hope it works out for you!
Check in on the Goooodmorning thread if you need to talk! Rail!
Old 10-12-2019, 11:59 PM   #901

Best of luck

Sounds like it was a hard decision. You gave it alot of thought. Let us know how it works out for you.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:43 AM   #902

Winnebago Owners Club
Congratulations on the new job. It was the right decision for you and I hope you are able to relax and fully enjoy all of the best parts of it.

Ron and Stan are absolutely correct in being able to get away even for short journeys to rest and restore the juices.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:47 AM   #903

Winnebago Owners Club
Best wishes on the new position. I certainly will miss your reading your adventures if you don’t post. Thanks for sharing your Journey.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:35 AM   #904

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Piker, Best of luck to you!!
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #905

Congratulations on making a tough decision and sticking with it. All good things come in their time. It will all work out for the best. Enjoy the journey.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:35 PM   #906

American Coach Owners Club
Piker ! it's not the end But a New Beginning ! Congrats ! Job Well done!
I'm sure you'll be back here sooner or later and I for one look forward to it ! Enjoy Life and Your Family !
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 03:24 PM   #907

I am truly insane...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D650B90B-A983-4129-96AB-B2E7BCF1D0CA.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	267720   Click image for larger version

Name:	AE494B4D-4B1E-42B7-8B87-2E39B56F2347.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	287.0 KB
ID:	267721  

Old 11-23-2019, 03:27 PM   #908

Yep... I got up this mornin and thought... what the heck. The new job is going well, and I’m ready to keep moving forward despite the setbacks of the last trip with the damper coming loose. Wish me luck... this is gonna take a little while, but maybe I can finish by summer so we can do some camping.

Cheers
Old 11-23-2019, 03:43 PM   #909

Winnebago Owners Club
Glad you are back at it. Glad the new job going well.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 03:46 PM   #910

Glad you are back.

Best of luck with your repairs. Glad the new job is going good for you. Happy Holidays to your family.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote