Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2017, 12:55 PM   #1

New guy, new HWH leveler question.

Have just about completed revival of and 1988 Itasca Suncruiser. Two inop. jacks to go. A rear jack has been disassembled for a swelled bushing and is another story.

System is 110 with four actuator levers and 6000lb jacks on the front. RT front jack inop. First thing was removing the actuator to find it bound up from crud. Actuator was rebuild and is moving freely. On disassemble, and small ball bearing fell into my catch tray with actuator still on the ram. HWH shows the actuator kit to included the ball, but no info found on where to put it.

At present, it still will not extend, but the pump is loading down and the hose squirming a bit indicating that it is pressurizing. Hose was removed and and checked for clear, hose was swapped with another known working outlet on the lever manifold yielding same results.

I assume the bearing is for some sort of fluid diversion, and another curiosity is that the 90 degree elbow out of the actuator that the hose hooks up to has another bearing resting inside of it at the flare face. What's curious is that this would get slammed into the passage to the actuator when moved by fluid as it tried to fill the actuator. At least in my experience of 40 years as a mechanic.

Thanks for any input. I joined this forum although a member of another vintage forum as there seems to be a greater knowledge here of HWH. The company seems to have a great reluctance to help anyone.
Capncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2017, 06:37 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Contact AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works, or worked, for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
Contact AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works, or worked, for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638
Thanks Vareken. I thought he might notice this message and offer input, and was not sure what "protocol" was on this forum (or his view of it) to contact someone directly.

I also thought i WAS in the IRV2 forum
Old 06-25-2017, 07:36 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
watching
Old 06-26-2017, 04:47 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Easiest way to contact him is to do an irv2.com search for his user name (top search box above), get to his profile, and then send him a private message (PM).
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:33 AM   #6
Commercial Member

my cell is on all the time, weekends included for emergencies.
1-602-549-3638. i dont want anyone stranded because they cant get their jacks working or at least retracted so they can move.
ill research that ball bearing

anyone, please feel free to call me. if i dont answer, leave a number, then as message. contrary to some thoughts, your number does not always show up on my phone.
thanks, paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
my cell is on all the time, weekends included for emergencies.
1-602-549-3638. i dont want anyone stranded because they cant get their jacks working or at least retracted so they can move.
ill research that ball bearing

anyone, please feel free to call me. if i dont answer, leave a number, then as message. contrary to some thoughts, your number does not always show up on my phone.
thanks, paul maddox
Thanks Paul I'll give you a call when I have some free time. The biggest curiosity is those loose bearings. I don't know where the one fell out of when I pulled the pass through bolt off that holds on the actuator, and I see no need for the one in the hose elbow. Fluid would immediately slam it to wherever it would stop, and fluid trying to leave would slam it to the nose of the fitting where the hose attaches and where I noticed it first.

As mentioned, HWH includes one with the actuator kit, but don't see any in replacement instructions as to where it would go.

Tags
hwh