Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:33 PM   #1

Hi! Thought I would introduce ourselves. My names Christina. My husband Scott and I acquired a 1976 Winnebago Cheifton D26. It has the bathroom in the rear 2 sorta twin size beds..Ahh you know. We picked it up Saturday drove it a hour and a half home no problems..Well except a small oil leak. It was a very well taken care of motorhome. The outside looks wonderful..The inside. Im not a fan on the orange lol. And that was very dirty. We have already begun getting it looking good inside and hopefully everything works(we are still checking it out) Already pulled out most the carpet. All but the step up to the drivers seat and that whole platform and begun to put sticky tile down. We hope maybe one day to redo it with Pergo. Is there anything besides the obvious that we need to check? This is our first motor home. We are very excited!
I figured I would edit to add a pic .. Heres The Beast

Walkerbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2008, 05:33 PM   #2

Hi! Thought I would introduce ourselves. My names Christina. My husband Scott and I acquired a 1976 Winnebago Cheifton D26. It has the bathroom in the rear 2 sorta twin size beds..Ahh you know. We picked it up Saturday drove it a hour and a half home no problems..Well except a small oil leak. It was a very well taken care of motorhome. The outside looks wonderful..The inside. Im not a fan on the orange lol. And that was very dirty. We have already begun getting it looking good inside and hopefully everything works(we are still checking it out) Already pulled out most the carpet. All but the step up to the drivers seat and that whole platform and begun to put sticky tile down. We hope maybe one day to redo it with Pergo. Is there anything besides the obvious that we need to check? This is our first motor home. We are very excited!
I figured I would edit to add a pic .. Heres The Beast

Old 09-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
First off, Welcome to the forum!!! I would have someone who knows about rv's or a dealer/shop check out the different systems. other than that would fix anything that is needing it like that engine leak. The battery's,Brakes and exhaust. And the age of tires. Tires over 6 years old are an accident in the making!!! Lights and the electrical system and the generator too!! All needs to be checked out and serviced. The propane system is another. The list can get real long depending on the year and what upgrades to the coach have been done!
Good luck and let us know if we can be of service, Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:07 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

Glad you found iRV2. Please post some photos of your projects as you remodel "the Beast".

Our trailer is named "Silver Twinkie".

Got any questions, post them and we'll do our best to answer them

You do qualify to be identified as a "Vintage RV Owner" if you would like.

Ken
Old 09-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #5

Thank you for your welcome. And yes you can put us as vintage RV owners Is there a specific spot to post our pictures? I have pictures of the nasty orange carpet in and then removed and as we are laying the sticky tile. It looks like it will be a process that will keep us busy. But we have 2 kids that we can put to work lol
Christina

« hello | 64-65 MC-5A »