Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
So sorry to hear about losing your rig; its always the pits when family gets to tangling...
Thanks, and you are so right. This is so bad that it has now come between us. I can't seem to let go and for good reason.....I have always been there and done that for my brother in law and the one time I really needed him, his second half ruined the whole deal......I guess time will heal, but I am not close to being ready to let it go.

What even hurts worse, I found out the fellow bought it and is taking it to Mexico to donate to a poor family.
I hope they realize what type of gem(classic) they have, but I truly think it will go with out respect and will eventually be trashed....such a shame.

So, on that note, if anyone see's one similar or the same as this rig, please send me a private message.....willing to travel to bring her home
77 Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #16

....found a 33' 1978 silver streak we are going to look over this weekend. I hope this one turns out good, needs a little interior work, but that is not an issue for us as we had planned to re skin the interior in Birchwood, to replace that old 70's dark paneling.

I know she isn't a 5th wheel, but she sure does have character.

Any tips on what to look for when checking this one out...besides the usual, soft floor or any signs of leaking, along with all appliances working?

The carpet is out of the trailer and the wood floor is exposed and it looks pretty good from the images they sent.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Century View Post
....found a 33' 1978 silver streak we are going to look over this weekend. I hope this one turns out good, needs a little interior work, but that is not an issue for us as we had planned to re skin the interior in Birchwood, to replace that old 70's dark paneling.

I know she isn't a 5th wheel, but she sure does have character.

Any tips on what to look for when checking this one out...besides the usual, soft floor or any signs of leaking, along with all appliances working?

The carpet is out of the trailer and the wood floor is exposed and it looks pretty good from the images they sent.
Plumbing would be the only other thing I can think of? Make sure it will pressurize, and hopefully it will have separate black and grey water tanks that don't leak...
Old 07-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #18

hey Century, how did it turn out for you? Did you buy it?
bicklebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicklebok View Post
hey Century, how did it turn out for you? Did you buy it?
No, we did not buy that one, the floor was bad in several places and it had a huge dent in the top curbisde quarter panel. It was just another waste of time because people just can't be honest. I swear, we are so glad we finally have a trailer and that we don't have to deal with the constant half truths about the condition of peoples trailers.....sigh

We did end up getting a couple of trailers and have decided to let one go. I started a new thread about our trailers, link below

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/i-am-...er-101960.html
Old 09-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry your first deal didn't work out for you. Who knows it might be better that it didn't. Take your time looking there are a lot of units for sale. By the way WELCOME to the forum and as you have already found out there are many great folks here with some great info. Hope you find the unit of your dreams and can get out here and do some traveling. Be safe and Happy Motoring!!!!!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof