Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #1

New here with vintage trailer

I bought this old trailer a couple of years ago and after some work the wife and I have started using it. Its a 1964 Streamline and so far we have been to the Indiana Dunes, and Meramac State park in MO. But we have many more trips planned.

Here is a pic from Meramac State park last week.

I didn't know what I was getting into when I bought it. I met the seller at a truckstop and of coarse he said everything worked. Yea, right. Well I didn't have to replace the stove.

But we wanted something a little different, and its not hard to spot.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello dmcummins and
I sure like those vintage Streamline's, yours looks especially nice!
Keep us updated on your travels and have fun.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had a 79 Silver Streak. Now have the 89 Avion. Have you found Tom pattersons website for the Streamlines and Silver Streaks?

ken
Old 08-29-2011, 06:51 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club

Great looking trailer. There are two unrestored ones in my area.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #5

It looks better in the pic than up close. It has hail damage on the roof and a few wrinkles, but the inside looks good and it doesn't leak. I guess it looks ok for being in its mid 40's. This is our first camper and I wanted something a little different and not to expensive. I now of coarse have spent more on it than I could ever sell it for, but it has a lot of new parts and hopefully we won't have much trouble with it. So far it has towed well and we have had no problems.

We will probably take a few more short trips in the next few months, and then we plan on taking in to south Florida in January. We live outside St. Louis so it will be a long trip for us.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #6

Here is a pic looking toward the back. With all the metal, it definatly is like a tin can. But less to rot.

The wife went a little wild on the colors, but that, and the fact that she has a bathroom makes her happy.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcummins View Post
Here is a pic looking toward the back. With all the metal, it definatly is like a tin can. But less to rot.

The wife went a little wild on the colors, but that, and the fact that she has a bathroom makes her happy.
Love it !!!!
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
That looks awesome! I've never seen the inside of one before. i've passed a few on the road. Thanks for posting the picture.
svdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #9

Very nice!! Thank you for the pictures!
Old 08-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #10

I have an old Airstream siting by the barn. Wish it looked half as good. Anyone wanna buy it?

Mark

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
I have an old Airstream siting by the barn. Wish it looked half as good. Anyone wanna buy it?

Mark
Put some photos and description on the Classified section here. Tin Can Tourist also has a classified section. You can also find a sister sire to this one at Airstream Trailer & Motorhome Owners Community for Ai Streams and there is an Air Stream yahoo group.

Ken
Old 09-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #12

Very sweet Trailer! That is one of many favorites of ours.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #13

Thanks everyone. We really enjoy the trailer, and since we put a lot of work in it, it is special to us. I had to replace part of the floor by the front door, and part under the old water tank. I replaced the old water tank, I assume it leaked due to the fact that the plumbing was unhooked to it and the floor was soft under it.

We ended up replacing the water tank, hot water heater, fridge, plumbing, most of the electric, adding a charger/controller, A/C, flooring, mattresses, drapes, wheels, tires, battery, coupler, toilet, and we polished it up a bit. There are probably a few things I missed. And we will probably add a microwave.

We are still happy with our purchase. And I really didn't believe the seller anyway. I figured I was going to end up going thru whatever we bought anyway.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #14

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcummins View Post

We are still happy with our purchase. And I really didn't believe the seller anyway. I figured I was going to end up going thru whatever we bought anyway.
Yes, but now you know what you have. Buying anything used is a crap shoot, and sounds like you did all right with this one.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vintage