Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2015, 09:33 AM   #1

new member, love vintage

I mistakenly posted this in the "sticky" at the top of the thread. Sorry for the repetition. I'll get used to it.

A trip on the Blue Ridge parkway in 2014. The full length from south to north, including Sky Line drive in Va.

This was a 1994 Jayco pop up I redid and the tow vehicle is our 1969 Chrysler 300.
What a great trip. We also did a 2200 mile loop around Florida with the combo that year, and a trip to New Orleans this past March.

The popup was nice, but just a little to much effort to set up. So it was sold and replaced with our 1968 Concord Traveler just recently. I'm in process of outfitting it now as well as our new, (old), tow vehicle, a 1969 Plymouth Fury station wagon. First trip out, (hopefully), will be Ocala Florida in November.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ellie & jazebelle on parkway (Large).jpg
Views:	96
Size:	295.3 KB
ID:	103729   Click image for larger version

Name:	grandfather mountain 3 (Large).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	103730  

Name:	KOA campground 1 (Large).jpg
Views:	72
Size:	361.3 KB
ID:	103731  
rockerarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2015, 09:51 AM   #2

Here are some shots of the replacement and tow vehicle.
A 19' 1968 Concord Traveler and a 1969 Plymouth Fury station wagon.

I bought the Concord from the original owner and towed it 1300 miles home three weeks ago. The Plymouth has 75K miles and runs like a dream. I'm trying to get everything up and working good and will do the cosmetic restoration on both next year.

Hope to be ready to roll by November.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	first day home 1 (Large).JPG
Views:	60
Size:	365.6 KB
ID:	103737   Click image for larger version

Name:	first day home 3 (Large).JPG
Views:	70
Size:	274.1 KB
ID:	103738  

Name:	first day home 2 (Large).JPG
Views:	76
Size:	339.7 KB
ID:	103739   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01669.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	103740  

Old 08-18-2015, 12:10 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Very nice! I must confess though that I like the 1969 Chrysler 300 far far better than the station wagon at least as far as looks are concerned. I'm sure the wagon is more practical though.
wschaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:51 PM   #4
bap

welcome to the best vintage site on the web., you will find that there are alot of great people on here that are eager to help and learn from everyone..

that 300 was awsome i have to say,,,but i like the wagon if for no other reason you just dont see them anymore,,---i can picture it all shined up pulling that concord dwn the road and into a campground,,,--i would be the first to come and say howdy and peek at your outfit...

stop in on the goodmorning thread and have coffee with us or really anytime of day to just say hello...
and if you havent already read total rebuild it,s a must---harley (terry) has alot of great info on his rebuild...

again welcome to the oldies, where sometimes we get a little off topic.....because..well i cant remember....lol
Old 08-18-2015, 01:03 PM   #5

wschaub
Very nice! I must confess though that I like the 1969 Chrysler 300 far far better than the station wagon at least as far as looks are concerned. I'm sure the wagon is more practical though.

Thanks Y'all.
The good thing is that, because both are 1969 C body's, the hitch I made for the 300 will directly bolt to the Plymouth wagon. So both will see travel duty with the Concord.
The wagon is just a little more practical, (as you call it), and a bit more nostalgic with the travel trailer.

I'm still learning my way around here and look forward to some of the threads that lean towards the vintage side of travel and camping.

Thanks for the tip on the Harley dude's rebuild thread..... I'll look for it. I've restored lots of cars but this is my first "real" camper undertaking.

Will
OH......... Off topic is fine with me....... No telling where it will lead, Kind of a keyboard adventure.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:29 PM   #6
bap

sounds like you will fit right in..,,,the wife and i love rebuiding old tt,s(travel trailers) so much we hardly ever go anywhere...lol,,,it all started a few years ago when we bought our first MH (motorhome) and parked in our local CG(campground) it filled up with airstreams,,we were one of the only ones that didnt have one,,,and parked right beside us was this little old bambie,,,,boy were we hooked,,,we sold the mh and started buying fixer upper tt,s and got hooked on fixing them back up...we havent owned an rv that was newer than a 1968 since...lol..
we really started out wanting to put a few around the house for out of state family to stay in --like a vintage style park you might say but ended up selling a couple only to buy another...lol.......we are true addicts.....lol

well break time is over going out to work on our 63 aunt marie...

again....welcome..happy to have ya here..

Tags
new member, vintage