Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #1

New RV Owner, ID Help

I picked up a 1977 Luxury Fan Liner that has been about 99% rebuilt after a tree fell on it. I still need to reconnect power to the landing gear, but my question is this. I forgot to grab the manuals that I was told are in it (camper is 90 miles north at my shop in Chillicothe, OH) and I can't find ANY information on it online, make, model, nothing. It's a 33' 5th wheel, dual axle, says "Luxury Fan Line" across the back, looks like the "r" may have worn off. White with a faded yellow strip down the center, the length of the camper. Anyone have any ideas?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #2

Picture of the camper...don't mind the caving roof of the corn crib behind it, lol...

Old 02-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #3

Sorry I cant help you, but I like your camper! Looks like you will have a lot of room. Dont feel bad if you dont find much info, just fix it up and enjoy it!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #4

Once my buddy makes it back to my shop and can look at the manuals, I will post up what it is. But in the meantime, any thoughts are appreciated
Old 02-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
You might find some info here:
fan [Tin Can Tourists Wiki]
Old 02-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #6

I've seen that link before, just couldn't find any specifics for my model, though I love the tri axle 5th wheel in the picture that they have a ways down the page.

Just got this in a kind of related thread on the Ford Six Performance forums (fordsix.com). My truck (Bruiser) has nearly 500K miles on her inline 300 6 cylinder (big six) and I lost fire on one cylinder on the way to get this camper, and didn't lose any power. Sounds like a dead lifter, but pulled it back fine on 5 cylinders and no brake controller.

The "Luxury Fan Liner's" were built by the "FAN Coach Company" in LaGrange Indiana should be a ID tag next to door with model, weight etc.

Little basic info below though will not be much help on yours.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FAN-Camp ... 54?sk=info

and NADA guide goes back to 1979
1979 Fan Price, 1979 Fan Values & 1979 Fan Specs | NADAguides ... rType=Used
Old 02-21-2013, 12:01 AM   #7

One strange thing that I noticed was that the wire pigtail that connects to the truck has the standard 7-pin round connector AND a 4-pi round connector. Any rhyme or reason for this? Do I need to wire up a 4-pin socket in addition to my 7-pin socket?
Old 02-22-2013, 05:39 AM   #8

Turns out the manuals that I was told that were in it are merely the manuals for the new appliances So I still have no idea what model I have.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #9

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Odds are the "extra" wiring connector is just there in the event the tow vehicle had one or the other. But, then again, I'm just guessing so don't take my word for it. What does the title read as far as make/model? Hope you find out and good luck with it!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #10

Crash,

About the two plugs...
In the period that 5er was built, the standard heavy trailer plug was the SAE-j560b still used by trucks. It was set up for lights and still had a spare for electric brakes, but no accommodation for changing the house bank from the tow vehicle. So, they needed some extra conductors. The cheap little flat plugs were pretty much only for toy boat trailers, that left the four wire round for those extra things.

Good Luck and Safe Travel

Matt
Old 02-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #11

Gotchya. I guess the 7-pin round connector was added in at some point, so I will have to check the connections on that.

Still need any ideas on what model the camper may be or how to find out and ID it. Our shop novice that found the manuals in it (for the microwave and fridge) was going to take some pictures of the small eagle emblem, the rear decal and any other tags he could find...but seems to have forgotten.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #12

Just made a small break here, looks like it's a "Style Line" model, but not sure it's actually a '77. RV Bluebook only shows options for a 1978 as being the oldest, and in 31 foot and 35 foot configurations. A 310 maybe? Haven't found any other pictures on the web to identify it, other than other tow behind Style Liner travel trailers that have the same design features.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #13

Also figured I should add more pictures of the outside to help ID it. There are some inside pictures from the craigslist add for the fun of it

The inside was remodeled by the previous owner.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:17 AM   #14

Bump...