Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
new (to me) '73 d-18 brave

hey my name is john and here's our new toy weve had her about 2 mos now and have had five great weekends allready,got her from my bud his folks bought it new it's only got 24k on the odo ,other that chasin a few leaks from a bad winterization,and tig welding a new bottom in the water heater (i can do that) it runs and works great,need a new blackwater tank and havent tackled the genny yet ,does turn and have compression...we are havin big funnnn............................fabricator john, 73 d-18 brave

day i picked it up (note it allmost fits a regular parking space!)

needin a bath but made it

startin to shine a lil

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2010, 07:45 AM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
John, looks like you are having fun already! It looks like it's in good condition considering her age. I like the design of these old Winnies.
Happy Camping!

Old 05-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #3

Beautiful rig.
TheDubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Check out this site, you will see a lot of the old Winnies.
Classic Winnebagos & Vintage RVs!
J
Old 05-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
thanks fellas, we are definately having fun , this thing is a hoot. dubs checked out yours .sweet deal...blog too a lil ,,choc/cherry stout ,,im in ,, i got a 85w kyocera but gotta get a controller ,need to fix bw tank first still lookin for the deal .been out 4 times 3 day in 6weeks goin tommorow pm back sun , got a line on some wheel simulators we,ll be ridin high in the saddle then.... fabricator john

goldwinger, i went to that site alot o good stuff there ,kinda like it here though ,stuff is movin faster ..
Old 05-14-2010, 07:04 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Yeah, the classic site is very slow. I just got a kick out of the restoration and activity of the golden oldies. I see quite a few of the oldies out here in California, just don't get to see the interiors much.
J
Old 05-17-2010, 12:15 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
yess! had yet another great weekend , fixed a lil water leak under the bath sink, swapped out the kitchen outside vent to a new one that wasent broke/dryrotted into a million pieces, and installed a under cabnet microwave(wife happy) (found the perfect size at wally world (wallmart) .7 cu ft. was 12 1/2" deep fits like a glove) while we were out island hopping on the jet ski my son 17, fired the oven ( i havent used it yet! whew no boom boom!!) and baked me a birthday cake! imagine we return and he's holdin a still hot cake sayin happy b'day,,I was floored!! yessir havin fun especially when people at the campground stop by and ask "what year is that?" "shure is in great shape!" im smiles all around!!!
fabricator john '73 d-18 brave
Old 05-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
any ideas on the cheapest place to get a black water tank?
fabricator john
Old 05-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #9

Solo Rvers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great looking little rig. Paint those wheels white and it will look like a new one..Have a great summer...Happy Trails
Old 05-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBR-K8R John View Post
any ideas on the cheapest place to get a black water tank?
fabricator john
Try an internet search on RV waste tanks - some years back, I had to replace the BW tank on our '76 Winnie Brave, managed to get a nice replacement at a decent price - the removal of the old tank and adapting the replacement was a small challenge, but it all ended up great - good luck!
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #11

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Had the pleasure of meeting John today, and we had a pleasant, RVer type conversation. That's a great looking rig John, I'm sure you and your family will enjoy it.

One thing I wanted to tell you John. When you left you said you wouldn't sell the awning parts. I just wanted to let you know, the parts are yours. If you are not able to use them then feel free to sell trade or fabricate them into anything you please. I'm just glad you will get some use out of the parts.

Enjoy.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
what a great experience today was, met dmiles here on the forums ,drove 3hrs to get good used awning parts and smiled the whole time, great guy good experience,,dont worry those are going on the winne as soon as i find some fabric,,,i was just assureing you that if someone gives to me i wont sell ,(just bad carma),,that happens with car stuff all the time ,,,give someone somthing then they sell it a lil later ,,,irritates me to no end ( i restore ,and do fab work on rods ,customs and racers,it happens often) ,,,dmiles has "payed foreward " and has good carma coming his way ,,,has a nice rig too ...and is a great guy ,thank you verry much,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fabricator john '73 d-18 brave