Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #1

New to the forum

I have been lurking on this great web site for many months. My husband and I have been restoring our 1990 25ft. Classic HiLo since sept.2011. The roof didn,t need any work. The upper section of the walls had to have a partial tearout due to water dammage. Two sections of the walls were torn out to the fiberglass and rebuilt. I have been documenting what we have been doing on the HiLo Trailer forum .com website This also includes pictures. Just go to the website and create a password and user name. It is under 90 HiLo Classic restoration. We have removed five of the windows and reset them. I wanted to doccument as we went along so that anyone that needed to restore a trailer would be able to have an easier time of it. My husband is a semiretired sheet metal fabricator. We consider our selves to be ameteur remodelers. Another week and we will be done with all the inside work. Just a punch list for the outside work in the spring. We are the second owners of this Rv and have owned it for 11 yrs.
Smeraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Smeraldo and WELCOME!!!

Sounds like you guys have really banging it out. Hope you took before/after shots. Would LOVE to see them.

Hope you enjoy it here!

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #3

Sounds like a good project. I used to have a Hi Lo. Why dont you post some pics here for us please?
bicklebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #5

New forum member 90 HiLo Classic restoration

I am computer challenged. My daughter says"I am too needy" I will get her to post pictures on Sunday. Spent eight hours working on the HiLo today. Hubby cut the 1st piece of paneling for the lower walls in the Br. This is our last inside area to do. Hoping to finish up before I have major surgery. Hernia/bowel obstruction. I,ve ended up in the Hosp. for this over christmas and again one week later. I see my new surgeon Jan. 31st. Worst case I end up in the Hosp. again and I end up in surgery sooner. Just want to get this overwith so I can go camping in the summer.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Be careful, you don't want to rupture anything by lifting something you shouldn't. I've had multiple surgeries and understand what you mean about just wanting it over so you can get on with your life. Good luck in yours!

Look forward to seeing the shots, when your daughter gets the chance to post them!

Take care,

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy and welcome to the forum! I can't wait to see your photos. Take care and best wishes for a full speedy recovery after your surgery!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #8

Pictures of the 90 HiLo restoration.

My daughter tried to upload pictures today with no luck. Couldn't get the pictures small enough. Pictures can be seen @hiLo trailer forum.com. Listed under 90 Classic 25ft. restoration of HILo.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #9

I hope you get well soon. Keep us updated on the remodeling.
bicklebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #10

Welcome and congrats on your remodeling project.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have quite the project going there. Make sure you post some pics when you have time. Good luck down the road.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #12

90 HiLo Classic restoration/Home from the hosp.

My Hubby was able to finish all the inside restoration while I was in the Hosp. I ended up in the Hop for the third time in a short time span. My surgeon fixed /repaired an old hernia screen cave in/bowel obstruction. He found another area on the other side of my abd. that got dammaged in a prior surgery. I ended up spending 13 days in the Hosp.eating the wonderful food. The new mushy area went into full blown obstruction and it was touch and go for a day as to wheather I would have to be opened up again for emergency basis. All my heart tests came out good. Now for the bad news. I have a growth on my thyroid that has to be removed in March.The whole thyroid is to be taken out. Then I can finally have the bursitus/shoulder surgery that I had to cancel done. All I ask is I get all this out of the way so I can going camping in the summer. Keep me in your prayers. Could anyone explain how to post pictures that were taken with a digital camera? I would love to show you the before and after pictures of our restoration. Hubby colapsed the trailer down and took the battery out. Next week it will be 40degrees and he can do a final cleanup of my MoM's garage. Just a small punch list of exterior things that need to be done in the spring.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Upload your pictures to a free picture host like Photobucket.

After you upload your pics, mouse over each picture; just under the pic you will see 4 horizontal options in blue (share/edit/delete/move) and 4 vertical Web options; the 2nd will say Direct Link. Left click the http// address box next to Direct Link; this will copy it.

**you can resize your pix within Photobucket before copying, if they are too big. Click the Edit button and follow the directions.

Next, start a new thread in iRV2 or hit Reply in an existing thread, then click the little (mountain landscape) Insert Image symbol in the row of symbols at the top of your open reply box (2nd symbol from the right).

A pop-up will ask you to copy the URL; just press Ctrl key and V key together (paste) and it will paste the URL from Photobucket into the box. When you click OK, the picture will appear in your post.

Its easy once you've done it a time or two.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum