Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2010, 01:35 AM   #1

No Running Water Yet? No probem....

I solved it temporarily anyway....I took some pictures as i went so you can see exactly how i did it. You will appreciate having a source of warm to hot running water for your miniature camper where many of them don't have adequate water holding tank systems or plumbing that still needs to be fixed but you still want to camp out in the wilderness.

I missed washing my hands with soap and water. I missed being able to wash my hair when i would take a sponge bath over our weekend getaways. This idea could be modified in a number of ways to allow for a full shower in the middle of your camper.

Firstly. buy yourself a Solar Shower bag. It can hold up to 5 gallons, but it's a little too much water weight to be held up. I put a gallon or two at a time in it. You could heat up some water on your stovetop to add to the cold water to allow for a really warm head/body shower experience if you had a large enough basin to stand in.

Just be sure to add a drop or two of bleach and one teaspoon of baking soda to your water to keep it from getting funky.

Next mount several hefty large nails to the side of the cabinets, i mounted three 3 inch long screw type nails with my husbands electric drill very close together so they could bear the weight of the solar water bag.

If you have trouble keeping the shower head end in the sink, use a thick rubber band to afix it to so the water will stay in the sink when you turn the valve on. So far it's been great. A 5 minute fix to a tedious project that has yet to be accomplished! I hope you try it if you need it and let me know how it works for you!
-Shara
Attached Images

Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2010, 06:27 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Vintage travel trailer

I have 2 vintage travel trailers the first a 65 Scad-A-Bout teardrop trailer and the other is a 1955 Crown a canned ham trailer, and we did not have any success with the solar bag, so I went out and bought a 3 gallon pesticide sprayer and removed the wand and added a dish-washing hose and nozzle onto it, I painted the outside of this sprayer black and I leave it out all day to allow it to absorb the heat, when it time for a shower I go into our shower tent pump up the pressure and have plenty of hot and or warm water for 2 adult shower.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #3

I bought a kit for showering while tent camping years ago. Had an enclosure that hangs up from a branch or?. It does ahve a solar bag but also a collapsible bag about 1 1/2 or 2 gallons in size. There is a D cell powered pump unit that has a shower head on the end of the hose. I usually use a stock pot to heat the water in as it can be moved easier than the collapsible bag.
I have even used the pump to rinse dishes with while tent camping.
The solar bag is less complicated but the stock pot could be left on the stove and used with the pump.
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #4

Great ideas everyone. I'm very interested in the large pesticide sprayer idea as well. I use them for cleaning all the time so i dont have to refill my sprayers with cleaning solution as often. I never thought of it as a way to have water in the camper. I love reading what others have rigged to make things more comfortable when camping.
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote