Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #15

Great find and good luck in your travels.
mwells4654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #16

Sweet of all of you but the Van was not as good as I hoped, not even close. I didn't feel too bad since I can't start RVing til Spring. I can't wait to take off but I have to be patient and wait til I find the right RV. I appreciate all the input and am printing out info I can use in shopping.

Thank you all, denise
nwcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Denise,
It did look really good from the outside and event he interior, but systems and engines and stuff can be tricky.
I'm wondering if you would feel happier in a bit larger unit. I sure hope you find what you are looking for before spring!
We found something pretty cheap, but ended up having to put a rebuilt engine in it. I know there are other things that can go wrong, but I'm hoping we get several years of fun out of it and then perhaps we will move up a bit.
Happy looking!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountry View Post
Sweet of all of you but the Van was not as good as I hoped, not even close. I didn't feel too bad since I can't start RVing til Spring. I can't wait to take off but I have to be patient and wait til I find the right RV. I appreciate all the input and am printing out info I can use in shopping.

Thank you all, denise
What was wrong?
Funrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #19

Those weren't very good years for Chrysler quality. Have it checked over throughly before a long trip.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #20

Commercial Member

Vintage RV Owners Club
Being an old Dodge owner, and a Mopar nut as well, you can rest assured that "running gear" will last many many miles with adequate maintenance. Hard to beat a good Dodge.....
The RV parts should be easy to keep up, or upgrade as they fail, all use the same basic parts anyway.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #21

I am sorry I didn't tell you all the main problem I saw right away. It was just too small for me. I had never seen a Van coversion, well, not since the 70's

I think just seeing it in person I just didn't get that gut instinct that tells you someone really loved it and took great care of it. It was pretty worn and neglected. I have til Spring to keep searching and I am sure I will find something. I still would LOVE to find something older, just a bit bigger/roomier for me.

Thanks again all of you!! denise
Old 11-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #22

Denise, sorry that didn't work out, but welcome to the forum. I'll sell you mine...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #23

Gulf Streamers Club

I don't know your budget, but start lurking on eBay and other RV sales sites. You'll learn a lot and see what's out there. I watched the RV sales sites and eBay for a year before traveling 1500 miles from home to inspect and buy mine.

I think you're wise in looking used, an RV is never an investment in anything but memories and fun, why lose so much of your money in depreciation. New or used, maintenance still costs money, so the more you can leave in your pocket in the beginning is a cushion for repairs and upkeep down the road. Also, a well kept up unit will resell for a large fraction of what you paid for it, again taking some of the economic pain out of the ownership. JMHO.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
You don't give any area info in your profile so I just used mine and went to Kijiji and found this unit 23 Foot Motorhome - Nanaimo RV For Sale - Kijiji Nanaimo Canada.

Kind of about what you were looking for and about basement price for similar units. I have a 1977 23 foot that I would not let go this inexpensively if I chose to sell it. YMMV
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #25

Thanks John, I am betting I couldn't afford one as nice as yours I will get something that will work I can't afford to be too pickie and if it runs well and like I mentioned, if someone has taken decent care of it, that will be the one I'll get

denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
Denise, sorry that didn't work out, but welcome to the forum. I'll sell you mine...
Old 11-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #26

I was a little nervous to give too much info, especially a street address but I did add where I live Thank you for checking around for me, I think RV'rs are the friendliest people I've met online Thank you much, denise

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
You don't give any area info in your profile so I just used mine and went to Kijiji and found this unit 23 Foot Motorhome - Nanaimo RV For Sale - Kijiji Nanaimo Canada.

Kind of about what you were looking for and about basement price for similar units. I have a 1977 23 foot that I would not let go this inexpensively if I chose to sell it. YMMV
Old 11-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #27

Super good idea, I didn't think of Ebay! I think you are so right about the shopping "used" though. I suppose if I had lots of bucks I would want something new and fancy, maybe. But I don't require fancy in a "home" of any kind. I have learned to live and enjoy life without much material items. Funny but I've never been happier denise
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post

I don't know your budget, but start lurking on eBay and other RV sales sites.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #28

By the way, I lost my dog Toney about 6 years ago. I had her 15 years. I can still cry over her if I think too much. But day before yesterday I got myself another baby. He is just almost 3 and I am so blessed. He is just 4 lbs and I named him Cooper, Coop for short and mini coop since I love that little car as well I am going to try and post a video I made of him and I denise

Quote: