Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #57

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Is that floor covered in vinyl tiles or actual markee flooring?

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #58

Hope you don't mind me jumping in uninvited. You mentioned finding a water tank, try these websites: http://www.watertanks.com/category/16/
http://www.rverscorner.com/rvsalvage.html
Hope this is useful.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:22 AM   #59

Vintage RV Owners Club
I used vinyl tiles to cover it, peal and stick kind,got it from home depot, couldnt find matching paneling so I am going with a lighter color in the back area and hope it looks ok gonna try to finish the floor today though, it looks alot better than I thought it would though
Old 06-11-2009, 06:24 AM   #60

Vintage RV Owners Club
Always welcome to junp into any forum, Thank you for the links on the water tanks I will check them out
Old 06-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #61

Vintage RV Owners Club
finished the floor and now I am starting to put in the walls in, gotta finish the neat cut outs for the windows but its really starting to look nice, http://community.webshots.com/album/...host=community
Old 06-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #62

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
So, what did you wind up using to replace the insulation in your walls?
Old 06-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #63

What a fabulous job you are doing! Wow! Bet you can see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel, huh? You've done a lot of hard work and it's paying off. Soon, you will have yourself a better-than-new home on wheels! Congratulations and keep up the good work!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #64

I agree, its looking great
Old 07-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #65

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
So, what did you wind up using to replace the insulation in your walls?
I used the rolls of insulation that has no paper backing to it
Old 07-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #66

Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Choice Foam board is ideal, but only works in flat walls, not contoured. Also, the bat insulation costs alot less than the foam.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:20 AM   #67

yeah, but the fur is so hard to get off and they are hard to catch....heh,heh
Old 07-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #68

Vintage RV Owners Club
True, I was laying in a bunch of it as I helped my father screw down the new plywood floor in his 2003 Thor Tahoe Toyhauler, the entire front floor had rotted out from it filling with rain water that was leaking around the unused generator compartment (Not sealed). The vinyl undercovering had filled like a bladder up to the bottom of the OSB that made up the floor and sat for months. Had to cut out all of the wood and redo.

Thor did a piss-poor job assembling this trailer. No sealant around the waterheater, little to no sealant around most of the compartment doors. Just a total mess....
Old 09-06-2009, 05:29 PM   #69

Vintage RV Owners Club
I found these rolls of insulation, its kinda like bubble wrap I am covering now but the really great news is today I finished finally after all that scraping stuff on the roof, I finished and just sealed it, I can believe I finally got to this point , not much left to do on the inside now , just got to put in the celing and some molding then I can put the cabnits back in, golly its be alot of work on this but I am so proud , after putting in new plumbing, wiring, rebuild the floor and the celing and front wall and back walls , its just so nice to see, even gave it its first bath to, LOL , glad I took pictures of before and stuff I did as I went along to 1974 Coachmen Cadet pictures from outdoors photos on webshots
Old 09-09-2009, 07:30 AM   #70

Vintage RV Owners Club
i like the roll reflective insulation, easy to work with and put up well finally finished sealing the roof, took weeks to scrap off all the stuff on the roof, nevre thought Id finish that,glad thats done, gave it a bath and alittle bit of a paint job to so now its back to the inside just started putting that roll insualtion in , its the boards that might be hard to do , but not really compaired to replacing the floor and the front walls and the beams overhead and the plumbing and all the electrical which is finally done , just got the molding to do new pics are near the end of the album 1974 Coachmen Cadet pictures from outdoors photos on webshots