Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #85

Vintage RV Owners Club
Question, are you opening the over pressure relief valve on teh front of the water heater when you turn on the city water? It takes a few minutes and an open hot water faucet or the pressure relief for the tank to fill (It fills from the bottom).
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:30 AM   #86

Vintage RV Owners Club
I didnt have the trailer power pluged in I was just using power to a power strip but when I pluged in and used the trailer power the hot water flowed so being hooked up to just the faucet I really dont need the pump so thats good, couldnt get the hot water tank to light or the furnace its a bit rusted so maybe its just needs a cleaning did hear and gas going to either one , I did get the stove burners lit, the piolet to the oven lit but the oven didnt come on, since its getting cold here I just went ahead and winterized the system for the winter and installed a by pass valve to stop the flow of water to the hot water tank so its back to working on the celing again, so almost everything is working now and repaired just using a little space hearter in there to keep it warm when I am in there working on it posted a few more pics of the hot water tank and its componets not sure which has to be cleaned to get the gas flowing again, not sure on the furnace either what to clean or uncloged 1974 Coachmen Cadet pictures from outdoors photos on webshots
buehler740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:32 AM   #87

Vintage RV Owners Club
Smile Finally fixed it up, not much to do now

Just doing the finishing stuff on the trailer now most of the hard stuff is done , have to see if I can get the hot water tank fired up and the furnace, not sure if last years anti-freezed has to be drained and redone or not , anyone know? I havent had anyone look at the bearings yet either so that will be next then think its ready to roll.I didnt get a celing boards in either but the bubble reflective one I have up will do in a pinch, LOL1974 Coachmen Cadet, fixed up pictures from outdoors photos on webshots

and the first album of how it was and what was done 1974 Coachmen Cadet, restoration project pictures from outdoors photos on webshots
Old 07-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #88

You have done such a fantastic job! You should be very proud of yourself and your accomplishments. I haven't posted in awhile because I forgot my password and then had trouble resetting it and on and on. Anyway, what are your plans now? Teri
Old 07-29-2010, 08:37 AM   #89

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thank you, still have a few more things to do, if I dont find a job soon it will be my home but for now is my quiet space and could be a guest house if I can I'd like to just get out and travel with it but the main thing was so I dont end up homeless, now gotta get something to pull it with, not sure what it weighs still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old girls View Post
You have done such a fantastic job! You should be very proud of yourself and your accomplishments. I haven't posted in awhile because I forgot my password and then had trouble resetting it and on and on. Anyway, what are your plans now? Teri
Old 07-29-2010, 10:30 AM   #90

Vintage RV Owners Club
What happened to your bronco?
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Old 08-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #91

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
What happened to your bronco?
Still have the bronco, it leaks oil and hubby says gotta take the engine out to fix all the seals and leaks, well never gonna have the money for that, so now got a just about fixed up trailer and pucked up Bronco, geeeeeeeze, LOL
Old 08-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #92

Vintage RV Owners Club
Still have the bronco, it leaks oil and hubby says gotta take the engine out to fix all the seals and leaks, well never gonna have the money for that, so now got a just about fixed up trailer and pucked up Bronco, geeeeeeeze, LOL

do you know if last years anti freeze will be good for another winter or should I drain it and redo the winter antifreeze again?
Old 08-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #93

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Question, are you opening the over pressure relief valve on teh front of the water heater when you turn on the city water? It takes a few minutes and an open hot water faucet or the pressure relief for the tank to fill (It fills from the bottom).
I figured out, finally, I didnt have the trailer pluged in so thats why it didnt work so I felt silly after I pluged it in and it worked, LOL
Old 08-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #94

Vintage RV Owners Club
The anti-freeze doesn't go bad, but, its always good to pump a little extra in in the event that the lines lost some. How are you getting it into your lines with out a water pump? Or are you just blowing out the water lines and using the pink solution in the traps?
Old 09-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #95

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
The anti-freeze doesn't go bad, but, its always good to pump a little extra in in the event that the lines lost some. How are you getting it into your lines with out a water pump? Or are you just blowing out the water lines and using the pink solution in the traps?
ok I will pump a little more anti freeze wasnt sure if it went bad or not, I didnt get water going through it this year at all at least not so far, as far as the water going through it when I hook a water hose to it and open both hot and cold valves and have the trailer pluged in it just flows like it should guess its all about the presure of the flow comming in the trailer but its nice not needing a water pump or tank at all, just have to be hook to a water and electrical source, havent gotton around to try to light the hot water tank this year either
Old 11-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #96

If its an all metal roof like a mobile home, scrape off what you can on the seams and edges.

Get some black (wide) butyl tape w/ paper backing.

Spray and wipe the seams with a solvent (starting fluid ) to remove oily residue.

Then take a propane torch and heat up the seams and apply the butyl tape so that it sticks down.

You can run the flame over the tape a little to melt it in. Then kool seal on top of that.

Make sure you do the edges as well.

This will allow for the normal expansion and contraction of the seams during temperature changes.

Wait for the inside to dry out.

It may take awhile because you have plastic membrane up there that will hold water for awhile.

After its dry, spray the areas that are intact with straight peroxide to bleach out the water spots (repeatedly).

After about three or four applications, start using straight distilled water to re-activate the peroxide.

The areas that are ruined need to be pulled down and replaced with ceiling tiles.

Make sure you put some replacement insulation up there.
trpwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:05 AM   #97

I left out one step.

Wash the roof with Tri Sodium Phosphate after you are thru scraping, before applying the butyl tape.

This will etch the metal to give your sealers a better grip.
trpwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:08 AM   #98

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ya know she's long since finished the roof and 90% of the interior remodel, right?