Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2007, 04:23 PM   #1

Well I just bought a 1983 Cobra class c 25' on a ford chasis.

It's getting new tires and a class III hitch next week. I have to drive 360 miles to pick it up and bring it back. Everything works except the dash air. I'll get that going in the spring. It has a box for a generator but its missing and it needs both grey and black tanks replaced as they leak but only when full to the top. It needs a good cleaning and a new mattress and I'm sure I'll find a few other supprises but she's 100% paid for.

E350 Chassis
Mike (KC9IPV) is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2007, 04:23 PM   #2

Well I just bought a 1983 Cobra class c 25' on a ford chasis.

It's getting new tires and a class III hitch next week. I have to drive 360 miles to pick it up and bring it back. Everything works except the dash air. I'll get that going in the spring. It has a box for a generator but its missing and it needs both grey and black tanks replaced as they leak but only when full to the top. It needs a good cleaning and a new mattress and I'm sure I'll find a few other supprises but she's 100% paid for.

E350 Chassis
Old 01-25-2007, 04:44 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Its about time!! I'm glad you got what you wanted. Now I guess that makes you a honest-by god Rv'er! Sounds like it may be somewhat like the one we have except the generator. Nice fixer upper. You will have to post pictures now so we can enjoy the view.
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:55 PM   #4

I have pics but not sure how to post them here?

Can a link be embedded with img tags?

E350 Chassis
Old 01-25-2007, 05:07 PM   #5

Ok I figured it out.

E350 Chassis
Old 01-25-2007, 05:42 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Looks good Mike Congrats
Ceiling looks clean and interior looks clean also.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:56 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
Well, Its about time!! I'm glad you got what you wanted. Now I guess that makes you a honest-by god Rv'er! Sounds like it may be somewhat like the one we have except the generator. Nice fixer upper. You will have to post pictures now so we can enjoy the view. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you have? Any pics?

Well I'm almost an honest-by god rv'er! Will be soon enough though. My plans are to live in it for a while.

E350 Chassis
Old 01-25-2007, 06:16 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike (KC9IPV):
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
Well, Its about time!! I'm glad you got what you wanted. Now I guess that makes you a honest-by god Rv'er! Sounds like it may be somewhat like the one we have except the generator. Nice fixer upper. You will have to post pictures now so we can enjoy the view. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you have? Any pics?

Well I'm almost an honest-by god rv'er! Will be soon enough though. My plans are to live in it for a while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that would make you a fulltimer, which is a clasification of RV'er. Sort of like having a lifted 4WD and knowing how to drive it is different from a "casual" offroader. . .

Dang nice looking rig, too! Looks like it paid off to wait for exactly what you wanted. Welcome to the world of vintage RVs!! (Vintage means paid for, right?)

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:29 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sanjay R:And that would make you a fulltimer, which is a clasification of RV'er. Sort of like having a lifted 4WD and knowing how to drive it is different from a "casual" offroader. . .

Dang nice looking rig, too! Looks like it paid off to wait for exactly what you wanted. Welcome to the world of vintage RVs!! (Vintage means paid for, right?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it will be paid for when I pick it up. Paid the deposit and for new tires and a class III hitch to be installed first. It may not be 100% what I want but the price was right and I will begin needed repairs, cleaning and updateing very soon.

And I'm an offroader that knows how to drive it and arent afraid of dents and scratches

E350 Chassis
Old 01-26-2007, 07:05 AM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Mike, You have one beautiful home there! Is that knotty Pine for the cabinets? They are really nice. You are lucky!! Enjoy! Capt.

Mike,Pictures that I have are on this site. At the top of the header click photos and you will have to sign in again, after that click class a and then search for rvtravelers1997. There are 3-4 pictures of the MH before this last year. We are leaving next Friday or Monday to leave Maine to go back to Arizona where the coach is. I have a bunch of repairs and updates that will be happening this year and hope to travel this fall back east and next year back up to Maine and then we will start our southern travels in the winter months and in the summer months go up north. We are full timers and am looking forward to getting on the road again. It doesn't look as good right now as it did when we first got it but I have the plans to work with and we are going to re-do it. Capt.
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:41 PM   #11

Mike, I posted on a different thread you need to send us pictures. Guess I needed to come here first. That looks sweet. That's exactly what I told my wife I get if I bought a class C. It being an F-350 too!! Good for you. I'm jelluos now.

You planing on pulling the Jeep?

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
michcruiser60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:42 PM   #12

I saw your other post. Yeah thats me in the avatar. I really enjoy trail riding in the jeep. And yes I plan on pulling the jeep. It needs some cleaning but it was a great price.

BTW I've looked at your trailer build. Pretty cool. I found it and a few others that had done major reconstruction. Before I found this one I almost bought an '82 Honey on a ford chassis that needed the rear wall rebuilt. Glad I waited as this one seems solid and has a bed the honey didn't have a real bed just overcab bunk and a jack knife sofa. This one is a 25 footer. It has the Generator compartment but the generator is missing. Everything but the dash A/C works. Will hopefully pick it up next friday.

E350 Chassis
Old 01-26-2007, 06:57 PM   #13

Dan, I found your pictures, but not in Class A. They were in the members galeries under rvtravelers1997. Mine are also there under gnuman. Now I just need to know how to set one of those pics as my avitar. . .

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:05 AM   #14

Dan, I'm not sure on the cabnets. I had someone eles inspect the unit for me (and send lots of hi resolution pics) since I'm 360 miles from it. I can't wait to get started.

E350 Chassis