Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:41 AM   #85

dan i think you gave me the no energy. just kidding, mine is from work 10 hours a day and 6 on saturday. that said i un winterized the rv been working on a skeeter bass bought i bought but im just tired. i went to take a nap yesterday around 5 pm then i woke up at 2:30 today

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #86

Vintage RV Owners Club
I never work on Sunday unless i really have to. I felt better today but still got little done.
Sometimes i wish i could sleep that long!! I haven't done that much sleep in years now. I am lucky if i get 6 hours or more a day.
I started working this morning and the winds came! And it was hard to weld so i quit and started grinding on the finished stuff and found a couple of welds that broke when i ground them down. Tried to get it done. Then it started raining and i was in body putty and it was hard but i covered everything and said the heck with it. They say we will not get out of the 50's and rain in the morning. They are calling for a hard freeze tomorrow night. What happened was when the winds came it blew the pilot light out! Someone has fell asleep at the match and we need to wake them up!!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #87

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
I think the winds must have come through my place before getting to you, were getting plenty of repeating bouts of wind and rain all weekend.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #88

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep! It passed you and came here! Now if i could find the number of the guy with the match!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #89

Vintage RV Owners Club
Never made it to 60 but the winds were light and if in the sun, then it was bearable. I have the toolbox all ready for primer. I put my last skim cote on the ends. It takes awhile to dry as the cold slows it down to get hard. It should be hard tomorrow. We are supposed to get down to Freezing and they also said this should be the last freeze for this winter. After i get that last coat sanded down it can be primed. In the pictures it looks like there are lots of dents, But that is the bottom. It is about as far as i can get it and since it is the bottom, i don't really care. With that done i can finish the top. And then the drawers.I need to da the other box and it will be ready to paint. With luck, i should have them in the truck this time next week!! Yeah!!
Still looking around for a trailer i can afford. At least I can get the truck ready to tow.I have a couple of places on the bed i need to fill and prime as well. I am working on getting the stuff off the Motorhome and getting the engine ready to come out. Sometime in march i should have it out but I still have to see what has happened to the motor yet. Since i have the engine out, I am going to pull the oil pan and see whats in the pan. And then i want to replace the rear main seal. I already plan the front seal as that comes with the gasket set. The timing Chain comes with all the above but the rear main and oil pan gasket. If the chain isn't shot the only other thing i can think of is the distributor gear. Sometimes they bust the pin in them. Anyway, Thats another thing on the list. I will post a couple here but the rest are on the Picasa site, Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	022812160259.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	423.0 KB
ID:	18330   Click image for larger version

Name:	022812134544.jpg
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	18331  

Name:	022812134555.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	335.3 KB
ID:	18332  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #90

Vintage RV Owners Club
Today was a mix of good and bad and ugly!! I was doing the finish prep for primer, When i picked up the skin to cover the gas tank..And it bit me bad. Cut right down to the bone. Thats gonna leave a mark. I grounded the sharp down to no sharp. All is well, I need to keep it covered and clean. I didn't go too the hospital but it maybe could use one or two stitches.
The good was it and the box are primed and ready for paint. I am also about halfway towards getting the other toolbox ready for any skim cote and primer as well. I still have one other thing to do yet and thats getting the locks replaced and the keys for them. With luck, by this time next week they should be all painted and maybe even on the truck. I have a couple of things to do on the truck and i can get back to body work on it...Again!! Anyway, Thats all for today, Dan
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	022912123056.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	350.9 KB
ID:	18361   Click image for larger version

Name:	022912123111.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	343.2 KB
ID:	18362  

Old 02-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #91

Gulf Streamers Club
Cut your self with some old rusty metal? Maybe this is the time to go and see the hospital? Get the would cleaned and a tetnus shot if you are not current? Love following your posts and would not want to see you get side tracked.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #92

Vintage RV Owners Club
It wasn't rusted thank God!! It was very sharp and i thought i had dressed the edge but missed that place. I is still kinda rough looking because the lacquer thinner Melts the band aids. I cleaned the site today but i can see it being as bad as yesterday. One other thing about thinner, I cleans out almost anything. Today it didn't sting when i was working on the toolbox with primer. I took a shot but it looks worse than what it is. The gray is not from grease but from the band aids melting. Some of the last one is still on it. Afraid to try and remove it as it could open the wound up and start it to bleed again. It hurt a bit this morning but quit and this evening it don't hurt at all. I think i will be ok. Thanks for the concern..I appreciate the concern!
I didn't do much today. i worked on the lid for the toolbox and i made the folded metal on the edges of the lid. I will get back to it Saturday. I go to my doctor at the Va Tuesday. that shoots that day so it maybe later then this next week before i get the boxes done. I am slowing down a bit. Hope this is going away. I have been having a few issues and need to get if fixed of possible. I don't have any time schedule but i wanted it in before it rains again. Anyway thats all for now. Later, Dan
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	030112174747.jpg
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	18390  
Old 03-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #93

WoW, she does have a nice body on her, slim and trim too! That's a nice looking rig and easy tow. You going to do any updating inside? Keep us posted.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #94

Vintage RV Owners Club
If you are talking about the fifth wheel, We ended up loosing out on it. They sold it out from under us and got more money. Sucked. I am making the old truck to where i can tow a fifth or travel trailer. That way it don't have to be torn out. I think in the next two weeks i will have it all together. I am getting a bit excited over that! After the Boxes, its back to the body work. I had taken a break from that to make the new toolboxes and a break from the grinding under the truck. I have some holes on the left fender and some under the doors too. I need to work on the drivers door frame. They didn't tie the door post back on the bottom. I can fix that!
On another subject, there is a older trailer that has been sitting at a home for a long time now. It looks like it needs to be restored. I am going down to talk to them about it and if they want to get rid of it and a good title for it. Will keep you up on it. It looks like it is somewhere in the 30 foot range. Looks like one from the late 70's to 80's model. Don't have a brand yet. Later, Dan
Old 03-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #95

Vintage RV Owners Club
One of those days......
I went yesterday and bought paint and all for it. Went to the Checker store for oil and filter, Valve cover gasket and a rear seal. They was wrong two out of three. O'rielly auto took over Checker and it has went the way of the dodo birds!! The valve cover was wrong. The rear seal was wrong too! After chewing there butts out they finally got the right parts to me and i was able to do what i needed to get done. I am still wondering how they got the right oil filter?????
On the home front, The Battery power for the coach shut down. No warning. So i am really on battery power!! Will get at it Monday. The battery's will charge with the solar power, So not a big deal. Just wondering what happened. Find out Monday for sure. I'm getting off this thing and get supper. Later, Dan
Old 03-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #96

Vintage RV Owners Club
Shucks, I ended up replacing the two battery's and another inverter. There was a shorted out wire somewhere in the wall between the panel and the bathroom. This wire was connected to the same circuit as the inverter. It fried the inverter. I ended up running new wire to the bathroom and when i tried to get the passenger side plugs to work no juice. There must be a connection in the wall somewhere. I am not liking where i am going to run the four plugs from one cord, so i am running two. One for the fridge and kitchen side and another for the outside plug and the computers. I want to run the computers to the entertainment center breaker. The other to a 20 amp breaker that wasn't being used. I am going to change things around so that when the panel is finished, it won't look like a birds nest. While i am here, it will be Saturday at least before i can work on the truck. Deb is making noise about with the money we just put into the coach. She is changing her mind again. Wish she would quit that. I get tired of jumping hoops. She wants to tow the truck behind the coach on the trailer. We made a flatbed out of a old travel trailer. It can handle over 7000 pds. Truck is about 4800 pounds and i have a 20,000 pound max on the coach and it is loaded about 14000 pounds. Its not like i am going anywhere soon. And i have plenty of things to do. With this piece of news i am keeping the six banger and will add a th400 to that engine. She has given up on the trailer idea. Anyway, I will be working on this beast with the wiring issues. I am wondering how that wire shorted out and i would say that they shot a nail or a screw into the bathroom wall when they rebuilt the walls in the bathroom, shorting it out at a later time. Anyway it will be fixed but right!! later,Dan
Old 03-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #97

Vintage RV Owners Club
I have good 12 volt service. I ran all the wires to where it goes outside but ran into another issue. The wires that were connected to this side of the coach was shorted out and they still are.I am done with removing the bed..i think. I had to change a couple of things so everything would be connected with the right breaker. All done.I have the wire for this computer ready to hook up. The one for the kitchen is going to be a pain in the butt!I am going to have to pull everyone of the boxes out of the wall and figure out where they put the wire from the other side that fed it. They are still showing a direct short. I have everything disconnected from all the plugs as i wanted to make sure that i wasn't getting a loop in one of the appliances up front. It still does show a short. I should have it figured out tomorrow. And i hope i have it done then too!! I am tired of this garbage dump. Deb just got her way again. More good money after bad........... I hate this thing!! Looks like it will always be in our life as long as Deb is alive. I am tired and am calling it a night. Later, Dan
Old 03-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #98

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I feel for you Dan. DW's name is Deb too. Maybe its something in the name!