Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #99

Vintage RV Owners Club
You think?? Maybe?? I got the beast done today. It turns out that the kitchen plug is where they made the connection from the other side. I have the kitchen and the fridge on the same circuit, a 20 amp breaker. the computer on the same breaker as the entertainment center. The bathroom an the kitchen on the drivers side are on separate breakers. So i used one for the 12 volt converter. One other one for the A/C. one for the hot water heater. The water heater works on propane and can also work on 110v. I would say that it is pretty safe. Hope so.....
Next is back to work on the truck and toolboxes. Maybe Saturday but i cannot tomorrow. i have to be at the VA hospital for eye exams and glasses. I need to take the other Battery to the rv shop i use and that will be it for the cores. I had one with me the other day. Forgot to take the other one down with me. I don't know why but i am tired. More so than when i work on the truck. go figure... Later folks, i am going to take a nap till dinnertime. Catch you later, Dan

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #100

Vintage RV Owners Club
I should have done the same again today! Sleep and stay in bed!!! We went to a old place that we had gone to for several years now and tonight was the last time i will ever go again! Service sucked!!!
Everything works great so i guess it is fixed.
My DW is spinning me like a top and is in danger of giving me whiplash!!!! Now today we were talking about keeping the coach, Then she does a 180 and says unless i see a trailer i like..."I like"!!!!!! I guess i don't have a say and the thing about "just keeping the coach" yesterday....????

Now i have been bit...Whats next???? Lets not go there right now!!! Eek!!!
Later, Dan

Old 03-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #101

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Dan you and I must have done something in a previous life to be dealing with the "whiplash" Deb's LOL. Mine does it frequently. But at least she knows when enough is enough! 70 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms today here. High of 43 so no working outside for me today. At least my Deb will spend most of the day playing games on her computer and leave me alone. Reminds me of Jeff Dunham and Walter when he asks Walter if he believes in reincarnation, Walter said yes and he would come back as his wife and leave him the hell alone!

Old 03-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #102

Vintage RV Owners Club
I always love that crew!!! I have a few on dvd! I love the rated X stuff!!
I did a little today but just didn't never really get into gear. Maybe Monday.... Have a good weekend, Dan
Old 03-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #103

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Tomorrow is showing clear and 70! Makes for perfect weather to get some stuff done on mine.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #104

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, Me too!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #105

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
High wind and horizontal rain here....
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #106

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sunny skies and 75 degrees!!
I worked on the top of my toolbox. It was really rough but i ground about 20 pounds and it needed a couple of skim cotes of putty. It needs a couple of minor fixes and i can prime and paint it. I am planning to paint the insides first and get that done and "jam" the edges where the lid meets the box. Let it sit for a week, and then i can go and do the outsides on both.
I am not sure but i am lacking energy. I don't think its iron but something. I don't want to eat to much as i did that over the holidays and have been having a harder time loosing it this time. I am at 212 but need to be at 190 or less. I was at 191 before the holidays started. Need to get back there. I have been hoping that the work would help me do that but need some kind of something to help me loose the weight and still give me the energy i need.
Anyway, with some luck i can paint the boxes by Monday. I have lots to do on the truck. Am starting to get the stuff for it to install the auto trans. Anyway, later, Dan
Old 03-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #107

Vintage RV Owners Club
I am tired! Don't have much of any kind of energy at all. I did a little on the top of the lid. And only got about half done. I think i might need Liver or something. Maybe tomorrow I can get more done....
Old 03-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #108

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
As much as I've been enjoying rebuilding and repairing this old Pace Arrow I have to wonder what the hell those guys were smoking when they assembled it. Small things like the wiper assembly for instance.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #109

Vintage RV Owners Club
He!He! Mine is hydraulic!! it works off the power steering system!! Weird...
I didn't get any sleep last night and was up all day today. Came to find out that i took the wrong pills last night. I took this mornings pills and not last nights bedtime meds....Senior moment...
I did get the top finished. I was too tired to prime it. can do that tomorrow. I am also going to finish the other box and get both ready for paint. I am still planning on the pop rivets for the hinge. Will work on that tomorrow. Its almost done and i have everything but the seals for the doors. i can get that payday. i am going to start using it though. I don't think it will hit the cap. Anyway, It might be next week till i get it painted. We are starting to get wind. Its supposed to get stronger by the weekend and we will be heading back to the mid 50's for our high Sunday and Monday! Just fun!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #110

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Misted here on and off all day. Looks to be that way the rest of the week and weekend too. I'll get done what can be done though.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #111

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Sideways rain and high winds..... again.... I'm getting really tired of getting soaked walking from the car into work....
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #112

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yeah i know...Its heading this way. They said that we could have a snow like Easter Sunday of 1999!! The wind and rain first.They are saying that we could have this for almost a week now. It could be Wednesday before this is over. I am using the last of the primer we have and cannot get anymore till next Thursday!! Seems i am not alone with the needs of primer. I think i can finish the lid on the one box and all will be primed. I am ot taking any chances with paint at this time. We were starting to get some of the winds and they can blow lots of sand and other junk around. As much as i want to get the boxes done..I don't want them to be rough sand finished! Anyway, That will be about all till this weather can move threw. A couple of shots of where i was until i ran out of primer. I hope the thinner will mix with the dried primer and give me enough for the top on the boxes. Shots below, Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	031512162414.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	330.3 KB
ID:	18902   Click image for larger version

Name:	031512162400.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	18903