Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ole' koot

well this is the name of our new vintage. hope to have our camera fixed by next week.
went to dealer to pick up the coach. had it warming up while i was talking to my insurance co. and the engine quites. i finnish my talk and turned the key. no go. tried some more. no go. got the service tech, looked it over, didn't see anything. batteries were all good. said he would have the mechanic look at in the morn. ok, drove back home. 92 mi. on the way home he said a belt was broken and they would put on 2 new ones. ok. went back tne next morning. all fixed. got into coach, started right up. kool, lets go. headed home on I5, got 18 mi. motor dies. pull over. tried to start, no go. turns over , but no start. take cover off and pull air cleaner cover. pump gas, no gas coming up. battery quits. havin fun now. call Good Sam. get tow truck in an hour. GS, very helpful. call dealer tell em am coming back. now it's dark. tow comes. this guy know's what he is doing, that's good. 3 nut's on driveline striped. can't pull it loose. told driver, lets just go slow, should be ok. get back to dealer.
monday, they take it over to the big shop. talked to them. said looks like bad gas in both tanks, which were full and has been sitting a long time. said they should have it going by fri..

so that is all i know. at least the dealer is taking care of it, evwn though i bought it as is. so, that is my story so far and i am sticking to it.

welcome to the wonderful world of vintage motor homes.lol. yes i am taking this well. hope they find the problems and get him fixed.

more coming on the adventures of ole koot. pic's soon i hope.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL.

Outlaw

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2010, 06:48 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
just talked to the mechanic.he said the main was empty. i tried to put gas in and only got .95 cents in before in started coming out. no the gas gage was not working or so i thought. my other tank is for the gen. only. i didn't know this and either did anyone else till the mechanic started to follow the lines. so, great lessons learned. he is going to see why i had trouble filling it up. oh so much fun. also he found the starter was fried and put in a new one for me. all at no cost. can't beat that.

so we go back down in the morning to pick this bad boy up and see what other adventures we can get into going home.

stay tuned for the next installment of the adventures of Old Koot.

Outlaw

Old 12-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Third times the charm.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
j, you got it. went down to pick up the coach this morning and got it to his new temp. home. ran good all the way. figured out how to get gas in it. so we are happy now.

thinking about taking it to westport over on the coast for new years weekend and see how we do with it. it's also our 12th aniverery on 1-1-11. found a nice rv park right in the town overlooking the fishing boats and the ocean is just a short walk. $25 a nite, full hookups. well that end this adventure of Ole Koot. stay tuned for more.

Outlaw
Old 12-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We'll be looking forward to the photos.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:21 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Great to hear you have it running.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:47 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
73, yep, so far so good. it ran very good from tumwater to redmond, no prob. i got to get rid of the old gas. i don't want to be carrying it with me to westport. would rather carry some good stuff so i can run my gen. and get my house batterys charged up. i still have some juice in them but no place to plug in my charger where we have the coach. probably will have to wait till westport then i can charge em up. well will see you in OR. for the rally.

Outlaw
Old 12-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
so here is a pic of Ole Koot........
Old 12-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
That looks very good for being a '78 ! I hope when our '92 HR is that old it will look that good.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
from what i was told he sat in a barn for 10 yrs. it only has 4780 mi. on it. yes this is actual mi. this is the cleanest rig i have seen when we were looking. i am just holding my breath that the seals don't start leaking. the dealer had to put on new fittings on the propane tank and get it cert. a new fuel pump and clean the carb on the gen. they put on two new belts. i found a new waterpump and fuel pump and two more belts hiding that i missed. so far the ony problem i have is the pass. windshield is leaking and i have a couple of dings in the glass. will have a glass co. come out and fix the ding and take out both windshields and re seal. the steering wants to wonder some so i have to keep a close check when i am driving. will take it in and have a look to see what needs to be done in that dept. other then that he is good to go. just need to dump that old gas from the gen tank,25 gall. then get some new gas so we can run the gen.. the inside is in great condition. so stay tuned for more adventures and pics. we got our camera back today so will get some pics. as soon as it stops raining. oh the fun of living in the NW. lol.

Outlaw