Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Nice, but I don't know what any of that means, lol.

What is "conventional" gas, "7.8 RVP", and "S RFG w/Ethanol" ?

'87 Coachmen Leprachuan 27' on Ford E 350 w/ 460 cid, Hedman Headers, dual flowmaster exhaust
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #16
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Basically every where you see color, the gas is either Reformulated (RFG), Ethanol, or Oxygenated...

RVP is Ried Vapor Pressure - basically how easy the fuel is to boil at altitude..

Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #17
Think will find "E" free gas mostly around marinas on the east coast
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #18
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Here in N, Indiana we has E0 gas.. Just have to get off the main drags.. Even Hwy 30 stations have E10 but the ones 5 mies south do not.
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #19
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Bilito View Post
I called holley and they told me I have a 4180 600CFM carb and the adjusting screws are hidden under the front primary fuel bowl behind some caps. To get the caps off I have to remove the carb to dig em out.
Ford ordered the carb built that way, they felt the factory adjustment was good enough. The holly guy suggested I leave well enough alone and perhaps to run some carb cleaner thru there
EPA, not ford... almost all carbs in the whole 1980's until they were phased out for fuel injection where required to have capped or non user adjustable mixtures, unless it was a boat or off road engine.

holley built millions for gm, amc, ford. good thing is that they are easy to clean and repair and get the fuel mixture trimmed out and you should be golden.
not using ethanol.....not so easy.

reformulated gas is killing us in our weedeaters and lawn equipment

USN Retired, Life time member of the DAV.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, no your eyes are fine, there are 6 slides
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote