Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:28 PM   #29

If you have a problem registering the MH , as long as it is not stolen (Obviously Not) , there is a company in Alabama called Broadway Title for anything older than 1973 they can get a title. The other option is to find a friend with any kind of auto repair shop to file a Mechanics Lien on it and get title to it that way. We bought our 1988 Winnebago 22' Chieftain last December and the guy we bought it from delivered it to our house and the title he gave us had the right VIN but it said it was a 1998 Chevy, we paid a lady that does all that DMV stuff like $50 and she got it all straightened out! Good Luck, Bobby

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2016, 08:25 AM   #30

Mechanic's lien not a bad idea. I'd bet you could file that yourself, without another party.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:54 PM   #31

I never thought about the mechanics lien!! I have a friend at a salvage yard tht can do that. I will see what he can do. if not we are getting a goose neck low boy and enclose the front part to make a home on then park our "hot rod" on the back. that will also give us a "party deck when parked.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
PapaJ,

First of all, sorry about your dad's passing. Wishing you God's comfort.

You may be in luck, I found this:
Register Off-Road Vehicles & RVs in Mississippi | DMV.org

Scroll down to Motorhomes/RV section. It states something in there that makes you exempt because your coach was made prior to 2000! If I'm reading it correctly. Hopefully you can get around this after all. I know you can use some good news.

Best regards,
W.D.

I checked with the treasurers office that only applies to parked RV's being used as homes. If we plan to drive it we need the title to license it.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:58 PM   #33

Have you checked into a mechanics lien as a path towards that goal (getting a title)?
Old 04-07-2016, 07:20 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
Have you checked into a mechanics lien as a path towards that goal (getting a title)?

We talked to a friend we are waiting to see what it will cost him to see if we can afford it and what the time frame is. We cannot afford to put any more money into it if it will be loss and if it is going to take more than three months then we are better off parting ways with this one and grabbing this 70 that we found that is way more solid and I just watched the shop put the new roof on and they said it was solid as a rock. Which would be a simple re plan on the layout and transplant in the diesel and we are off and running. we are hoping to be out of here by the end of summer.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:00 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Sounds like the 70 would be the better way to go. Having a solid foundation to work on is much better than rebuilding everything. It is not a quick process to repair everything.