Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #57

Great job, looks new.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #58

Im liking your home!! I have an 89 also and have done a ton of work to it.. It has been a fun time though I do have a question. On your flat screen in the bed room did you just use a regular wall mount for it? Also are you running a surge protector or anything to it or just pluged in to an outlet? I want to put one in the corner just like yours and put a 42 flip down from the ceiling in the dining room.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #59

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by camotoad View Post
Im liking your home!! I have an 89 also and have done a ton of work to it.. It has been a fun time though I do have a question. On your flat screen in the bed room did you just use a regular wall mount for it? Also are you running a surge protector or anything to it or just pluged in to an outlet? I want to put one in the corner just like yours and put a 42 flip down from the ceiling in the dining room.
For the bedroom TV, yes, just an ordinary articulating arm from Amazon. We mounted a 2x4 on the inside of the closet wall- this is what the articulating arm mount actually bolts into. We wanted an arm that would go completely flush yet pull out to any position (a loop of Velcro secures the TV arm in place for the road). The cord for the TV and satellite gizmo (which we attached to the ceiling) go through the same wall back into the closet and down to a surge protector strip. We tapped the 120v AC outlet that already existed on that wall and put a new outlet inside the closet (which is where the new surge protector strip plugs). The satellite coax goes down through the floor of the closet, back along the bedroom wall for a few feet and then down into the fresh-water bay. At the bay door, we have a coax connector, into which we plug the wire for the portable direct tv antenna.

Make sure you start a new thread and show us pictures of your baby! We love pictures here

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
For the bedroom TV, yes, just an ordinary articulating arm from Amazon. We mounted a 2x4 on the inside of the closet wall- this is what the articulating arm mount actually bolts into. We wanted an arm that would go completely flush yet pull out to any position (a loop of Velcro secures the TV arm in place for the road). The cord for the TV and satellite gizmo (which we attached to the ceiling) go through the same wall back into the closet and down to a surge protector strip. We tapped the 120v AC outlet that already existed on that wall and put a new outlet inside the closet (which is where the new surge protector strip plugs). The satellite coax goes down through the floor of the closet, back along the bedroom wall for a few feet and then down into the fresh-water bay. At the bay door, we have a coax connector, into which we plug the wire for the portable direct tv antenna.

Make sure you start a new thread and show us pictures of your baby! We love pictures here
Thank you for the information!! My shower is on that wall that your bedroom tv is on so ill have to go another route. I'll make something nice that will work though!! I just want to be able to hook up the PS3 to a nice 32 lcd tv in the bedroom for the road. Yes, i will be making a thread of before and after pics of the ol' RV soon!! just have to gather them all up off of my phone and facebook. Thank you again, Aaron
Old 11-19-2011, 05:37 AM   #61

Wonderful job wish you the best.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #62

Wow, really nice job! I love the paint.

You mention wanting new front driver & passenger seats. What about adapting the seats from a car? A lot of engineering has been put into car seats; adjustability, lumbar support, heat, etc. You'd have to do some adapting, but you're obviously capable of that...
Old 12-20-2011, 06:30 AM   #63

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbattey View Post
Wow, really nice job! I love the paint.

You mention wanting new front driver & passenger seats. What about adapting the seats from a car? A lot of engineering has been put into car seats; adjustability, lumbar support, heat, etc. You'd have to do some adapting, but you're obviously capable of that...
You make a good point about automotive seats- the only real issue I could see is that they do not come with 2 flip-up armrests.

I was assuming that the captain's chair type seats used in new RVs and vans (mostly made by Flexsteel, I believe) were essentially automotive seats adapted for a post installation, but I sure could be wrong.

Does anybody know for sure?

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #64
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post

Does anybody know for sure?
To the best of my knowledge car seats are entirely different.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #65

Vintage RV Owners Club
Car seats are not a strong as rv seats. Not including the arm rests doesn't make it weaker. Its just the frame that is made with heavier steel are for rv applications and that was from mandated government standards. When i replaced my seats with Flexsteel, i also added the updated shoulder/seat belts too. A lot better than what i had before. The old ones would uncouple if i tried to stretch while going down the road. New ones will not. It keeps me from hitting that steering wheel if we have a sudden stop! Now if they would find a way to make the front panels from stronger steel and a collapsing steering wheel. Maybe aftermarket air bags??

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote