Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 181
Great job, looks new.
__________________

__________________
"A bad day camping is better than a good day of work"
tvman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #58
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4
Im liking your home!! I have an 89 also and have done a ton of work to it.. It has been a fun time though I do have a question. On your flat screen in the bed room did you just use a regular wall mount for it? Also are you running a surge protector or anything to it or just pluged in to an outlet? I want to put one in the corner just like yours and put a 42 flip down from the ceiling in the dining room.
__________________

__________________
camotoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #59
Senior Member
 
Senior Chief's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere in the woods in Belfair, WA, WA
Posts: 1,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by camotoad View Post
Im liking your home!! I have an 89 also and have done a ton of work to it.. It has been a fun time though I do have a question. On your flat screen in the bed room did you just use a regular wall mount for it? Also are you running a surge protector or anything to it or just pluged in to an outlet? I want to put one in the corner just like yours and put a 42 flip down from the ceiling in the dining room.
For the bedroom TV, yes, just an ordinary articulating arm from Amazon. We mounted a 2x4 on the inside of the closet wall- this is what the articulating arm mount actually bolts into. We wanted an arm that would go completely flush yet pull out to any position (a loop of Velcro secures the TV arm in place for the road). The cord for the TV and satellite gizmo (which we attached to the ceiling) go through the same wall back into the closet and down to a surge protector strip. We tapped the 120v AC outlet that already existed on that wall and put a new outlet inside the closet (which is where the new surge protector strip plugs). The satellite coax goes down through the floor of the closet, back along the bedroom wall for a few feet and then down into the fresh-water bay. At the bay door, we have a coax connector, into which we plug the wire for the portable direct tv antenna.

Make sure you start a new thread and show us pictures of your baby! We love pictures here
__________________
Life rocks when your house rolls
Senior Chief
& the Cheese Queen


Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #60
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
For the bedroom TV, yes, just an ordinary articulating arm from Amazon. We mounted a 2x4 on the inside of the closet wall- this is what the articulating arm mount actually bolts into. We wanted an arm that would go completely flush yet pull out to any position (a loop of Velcro secures the TV arm in place for the road). The cord for the TV and satellite gizmo (which we attached to the ceiling) go through the same wall back into the closet and down to a surge protector strip. We tapped the 120v AC outlet that already existed on that wall and put a new outlet inside the closet (which is where the new surge protector strip plugs). The satellite coax goes down through the floor of the closet, back along the bedroom wall for a few feet and then down into the fresh-water bay. At the bay door, we have a coax connector, into which we plug the wire for the portable direct tv antenna.

Make sure you start a new thread and show us pictures of your baby! We love pictures here
Thank you for the information!! My shower is on that wall that your bedroom tv is on so ill have to go another route. I'll make something nice that will work though!! I just want to be able to hook up the PS3 to a nice 32 lcd tv in the bedroom for the road. Yes, i will be making a thread of before and after pics of the ol' RV soon!! just have to gather them all up off of my phone and facebook. Thank you again, Aaron
__________________
camotoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:37 AM   #61
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1
Wonderful job wish you the best.
__________________
joe harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #62
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7
Wow, really nice job! I love the paint.

You mention wanting new front driver & passenger seats. What about adapting the seats from a car? A lot of engineering has been put into car seats; adjustability, lumbar support, heat, etc. You'd have to do some adapting, but you're obviously capable of that...
__________________
1990 Holiday Rambler Imperial 34' P30 454
bbattey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:30 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
Senior Chief's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere in the woods in Belfair, WA, WA
Posts: 1,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbattey View Post
Wow, really nice job! I love the paint.

You mention wanting new front driver & passenger seats. What about adapting the seats from a car? A lot of engineering has been put into car seats; adjustability, lumbar support, heat, etc. You'd have to do some adapting, but you're obviously capable of that...
You make a good point about automotive seats- the only real issue I could see is that they do not come with 2 flip-up armrests.

I was assuming that the captain's chair type seats used in new RVs and vans (mostly made by Flexsteel, I believe) were essentially automotive seats adapted for a post installation, but I sure could be wrong.

Does anybody know for sure?
__________________
Life rocks when your house rolls
Senior Chief
& the Cheese Queen


Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #64
Community Administrator
 
JohnRR's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Marquette, Michigan "Da UP"
Posts: 16,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post

Does anybody know for sure?
To the best of my knowledge car seats are entirely different.
__________________
John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 14 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Wallaby Dan's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,212
Car seats are not a strong as rv seats. Not including the arm rests doesn't make it weaker. Its just the frame that is made with heavier steel are for rv applications and that was from mandated government standards. When i replaced my seats with Flexsteel, i also added the updated shoulder/seat belts too. A lot better than what i had before. The old ones would uncouple if i tried to stretch while going down the road. New ones will not. It keeps me from hitting that steering wheel if we have a sudden stop! Now if they would find a way to make the front panels from stronger steel and a collapsing steering wheel. Maybe aftermarket air bags??
__________________

__________________
1991 1500 Chevy Pickup
1994 5th wheel 30 foot trailer
I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vintage Camper Rallies scheduled in TN clvickers Vintage RV's 7 08-01-2011 11:47 AM
Finally got leaky jack fixed Wayne R Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 15 02-08-2011 07:08 PM
Vintage Wisconsin Couple and Their Vintage Motorhome.... TitanicPilot New Member Check-In 13 10-24-2009 09:21 AM
Vintage Crazy FlamePainters New Member Check-In 7 01-04-2008 07:47 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.