Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #1

Pace Arrow water pump

This should be very simple for some one out there; I just bought a 1983, 31' Pace Arrow, and I can't locate the switch for the water pump. Anyone want to tell me the secret?
I am new to this forum, so I hope this is the right place for this.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2011, 04:13 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
84 PA WP Switch

I had an '84, 31 ft'er, it ha d two switches. One switch was in the bathroom on the panel with the fan and light switches and the other was on the hood over the stove.
J

Old 01-14-2011, 05:01 AM   #3

same on my 1985
dave
Old 01-14-2011, 06:00 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
fresh water pump switch location

On my 83 29/30 footer it is on the kitchen sink cabinet, looking from the door straight is the sink, the cabinet supporting the sink facing the driver's cab is my water pump switch. Just above the left seat of the sofa-bed. Also to give you the heads up the pump is located behind a panel in the bathroom under that sink.

Surprise of all the difference configurations on the same basic model give or take a foot.

So I must also assume that the Pace Arrow also came in submodels or was it only listed as the footage, this is my first motor-home.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartvines View Post
On my 83 29/30 footer it is on the kitchen sink cabinet, looking from the door straight is the sink, the cabinet supporting the sink facing the driver's cab is my water pump switch. Just above the left seat of the sofa-bed. Also to give you the heads up the pump is located behind a panel in the bathroom under that sink.

Surprise of all the difference configurations on the same basic model give or take a foot.

So I must also assume that the Pace Arrow also came in submodels or was it only listed as the footage, this is my first motor-home.
In 1984 the Pace Arrow was offered in four different lengths, each offering
multiple floorplans. I had the model G31, double bed in the rear, sofa, swivel chairs up front with a drop down bed over the driver. Mine had many options, built-in vacuum, built-in blender on counter top, Motor-Aid Water Heater system, and an extra fuel tank which gave me a total of 110 gallons. I bought it from the original owner, he ordered everything except for the diesel engine. He kept every piece of paper associated with that coach. When I sold it I let everything go except for the sales brochure.
J
Old 01-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #6

water pump switch

I want to thank each one of you for the answers you gave me. I located the water pump switch on the right side of the microwave oven. I had found that switch earlier, but when I turned it on the water pump didn't run; the fuses all were good, so I supposes that wasn't the switch for the water pump. This morning I checked the fuses all again, and they checked good; I pulled the fuse for the water pump, and put it back in and the water pump worked. I'm sure I will come up with other questions as time goes along. This is my second motor home; I also have a 1978 Georgia Boy by Cruiseaire that I have been living in since 1995. I brought my son (who is 53) up here in New Mexico from Texas with colon cancer Nov.18/09; he was operated on the later part of Jan.2010. Just us two old men; but we needed more room; and hopefully do some traveling when the weather warms up. Anyway; I'm glad I found these forums, and I'll be back later.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Does anyone know how to change that switch.Mine is in the range hood and has started to work intermittently. J
Old 12-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #8

If it is a small rocker they usually just snap into the cover

They have spade lugs that the wires connect to

Cost about 2 bucks at electronics supply

Remove panel, then push tabs with knife, will pop right out

Once out, take to supply house. Get a handfull as they are common and cheap

Most well stocked supply houses will have them in stock, may need to check auto stereo shops, maybe rv supply, all depends on where you live
Old 12-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I did the R&R.It was very simple.Thanks for the quick response. J