Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piker View Post
We use these guys:

Coach-Net

-cheers
can't all this be covered with full coverage State Farm?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2016, 05:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano56 View Post
can't all this be covered with full coverage State Farm?
I really have no idea. We dont use State Farm, and have had the same insurance for our home and auto since we were old enough to have insurance.

The towing aspect of coach net was appealing to us. They will tow you any distance to the nearest service center that is qualified to work on your rig. Having an old diesel pusher with a cummins Allison combo that can't be worked on in some smaller garages, it seemed to make sense. Heck, even changing a tire on our rig is a big ordeal, which coach net also covers. The lugs are called bud-lugs and are identical to what you find on large semis... Albeit only 6 of them instead of 10 or 12. They require rediculous torque to remove and reinstall...

Coach net also covers us in our cars too...

These are just a couple reasons why we went with coach net. There is also good Sam... And some others that are pretty good too. For less than $100 per year, it seems like a value.

Cheers

Old 04-09-2016, 06:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piker View Post
I really have no idea. We dont use State Farm, and have had the same insurance for our home and auto since we were old enough to have insurance.

The towing aspect of coach net was appealing to us. They will tow you any distance to the nearest service center that is qualified to work on your rig. Having an old diesel pusher with a cummins Allison combo that can't be worked on in some smaller garages, it seemed to make sense. Heck, even changing a tire on our rig is a big ordeal, which coach net also covers. The lugs are called bud-lugs and are identical to what you find on large semis... Albeit only 6 of them instead of 10 or 12. They require rediculous torque to remove and reinstall...

Coach net also covers us in our cars too...

These are just a couple reasons why we went with coach net. There is also good Sam... And some others that are pretty good too. For less than $100 per year, it seems like a value.

Cheers
for that price I will call them
Old 04-10-2016, 02:52 PM   #18

Quote:
for that price I will call them
looks like the road trip with our MH is off, since 2 of our daughters and there families are now coming with, we will be staying in a hotel. Oh well, next time
Old 04-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #19

Mine is one of the last of the carbureted engines. I replaced the intank fuel pump on mine last summer because I replaced all of the fuel lines on the tank. I wasn't having any problems nor do I want to have any like that on the road. After I pulled the fuel pump I took it to Carquest and did a match by looking through their books. It was a perfect fit. I had to have a custom fuel line line made because there was nothing available. I'm sure if something like this went bad on the road it would be quite costly. Peace of mind is a good thing. As far as bleeding the brakes, break one line at a time and let it drain on its own. It took me about two hours to do this on mine.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-in-Mich View Post
Mine is one of the last of the carbureted engines. I replaced the intank fuel pump on mine last summer because I replaced all of the fuel lines on the tank. I wasn't having any problems nor do I want to have any like that on the road. After I pulled the fuel pump I took it to Carquest and did a match by looking through their books. It was a perfect fit. I had to have a custom fuel line line made because there was nothing available. I'm sure if something like this went bad on the road it would be quite costly. Peace of mind is a good thing. As far as bleeding the brakes, break one line at a time and let it drain on its own. It took me about two hours to do this on mine.
I would like to put headers and a good exhaust on sometime this summer. What does recurving the distributor do for you?
Old 04-12-2016, 06:24 AM   #21

Quote:
I would like to put headers and a good exhaust on sometime this summer. What does recurving the distributor do for you?
It changes the rate at which the timing is advanced through the range of rpm. You can tune the engine to produce horsepower higher up or lower down in the range.

-cheers
Old 04-12-2016, 06:51 AM   #22

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I have state farm road service. If I was hauling a toad and travel more then I do with the MH (2000 miles a year) I would go with CN over SF. Make sure if going SF you have coverage H

https://www.statefarm.com/claims/res...-road-service/
Old 04-12-2016, 01:59 PM   #23

I had mine recurved a few years ago. It made a world of difference. It was like night and day as far as acceleration. and the fuel economy was an added plus. I went from around 6.7- 7 miles to 8.5+. I cost me $125 to have the distributor rebuild and recurved. I went from around 25 degrees max advanced to 43 degrees max advanced. There used to be a guy on here whose name was Jim Elliott. He has since past but boy what a book of knowledge about the 454.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:49 PM   #24

Quote:
I had mine recurved a few years ago. It made a world of difference. It was like night and day as far as acceleration. and the fuel economy was an added plus. I went from around 6.7- 7 miles to 8.5+. I cost me $125 to have the distributor rebuild and recurved. I went from around 25 degrees max advanced to 43 degrees max advanced. There used to be a guy on here whose name was Jim Elliott. He has since past but boy what a book of knowledge about the 454.
so you used the stock distributor or aftermarket? I sure could use some added mpg, I think I'm around 6 at best with a fresh tune
Old 04-13-2016, 07:15 PM   #25

Stock distributor, All that was changed on mine was the springs. ( but sometime the weights also ) After he got done rebuilding and recurving the distributor, it looked like brand new. I also found a guy that rebuilt my carb. ( Qjet )
Old 04-14-2016, 05:29 AM   #26

Quote:
Stock distributor, All that was changed on mine was the springs. ( but sometime the weights also ) After he got done rebuilding and recurving the distributor, it looked like brand new. I also found a guy that rebuilt my carb. ( Qjet )
did you have the pollution pumps on yours? If you did how difficult was it to get the correct belt lengths?
Old 04-14-2016, 06:44 AM   #27

The earth is round and you will not fall off. Seriously! Traveling around and across this great country for the past 40+ years I've had breakdowns/problems and found great people to help get us back on the road. So do your trip prep, don't fix it if it ain't broke, and take off and no matter what you come across on Pee Wees great adventure you'll figure it out. Trust me! Oh ya one more thing a quote from my 102 year old Grandmother when ever I hit a bump in the road of life "you born in this country" to the point, no.