Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2014, 09:59 AM   #1527

Well, our Endeavor is 20 years old this year... So far, it's been an adventure since we bought it in the summer of 2012. I spent the entire first year fixing and repairing (and fixing some more, and then a little more fixing... don't forget the fixing ) in preparation for our first trip that was to be a 6200 mile loop of the west.

Luckily I was able to do all my own mechanic work thus far... new radiator and hoses, rear brakes and axle seals, water pump, alternator, serpentine belt, exhaust manifold, lift pump, wastegate line, injector return line, all new oil and oil filters and air filters (tranny and engine and generator), re-greased the generator head bearing, and of course a few chassis electrical issues and 6 new Goodyears... I've also installed a water injection system, performance fuel plate, free flowing exhaust,, boost and egt gauges, and a boost regulator.

On the "home" side of the motorhome, I've installed a new 50 amp power converter/charger, new hot water tank ignition board, repaired a crack in the freshwater tank, some new flooring in the front, some new upholstery, repair of the collapsed a/c ducts and installation of some direct dump vents in the air conditioner units, new toilet ball seal, hard wired cooling fans along the backside of the refer and also inside for increased cooling capacity, fixed the quikee steps, and repaired the body seam above the storage compartments on both sides of the RV.

I don't have a ton of pics, but here is a before and an after of the inside...

And just a couple of the exterior...

If we are fortunate enough to continue RV-ing, I would like to somehow upgrade the looks of the exterior, but I'm not sure that's practical. Some of the siding would need replaced, and as far as I can tell, there is no good way to do that with lasting results. We've also got an engine oil leak to take care of before our next trip to florida in a couple months... I haven't looked too closely but I'm worried it's the rear main seal... not a fun repair.

So there you have it... this is what we call home when we're on the road. It's certainly not the fanciest RV in the campground, but it's taken us to a lot of awesome places... Badlands of SD, Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, Devils Tower, Shell Falls, Cody WY, Yellowstone, Arches, Dead Horse, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Tucson, White Sands... and more.
Piker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #1528

Vintage RV Owners Club
Talking 1978 Delta Mini

This is my first post. I just bought my first RV and I am so excited it's a perfect vintage model!!
Don't know how to attach pix!
Nina78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #1529
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina79 View Post
This is my first post. I just bought my first RV and I am so excited it's a perfect vintage model!!
Don't know how to attach pix!

How to add photos to a post
Click Quick Reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
Click Go Advanced, add text to message window and then scroll down.
Click Manage Attachments. A separate window will pop up.
Click Browse... then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
Click Upload. After pics have loaded, close the pop-up window.
Click Submit Reply to post the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
You can also:
Click Post Reply or, if starting a new thread, click New Thread
Click on the paperclip symbol in the top row of the message box. A separate window will pop up.
Click Browse...then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
Click Upload. After pics have loaded, close the pop-up window.
Click Submit Reply (if you are replying) or Submit New Thread (if a new discussion) to post the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
About attachment storage limits

When you upload a copy of an image file (or other attachment) it is stored on our servers. There are some restrictions on how much data can be stored.

Registered members are limited to 50 MB of attachment storage for items posted to threads and posts and 100 MB for files posted to the photo gallery. We highly recommend that you reduce file sizes before uploading them to posts and threads.

Contributing members have unlimited attachment storage for threads and posts. A contributing membership is an annual commitment. If a contributing membership reverts to a standard account, loaded images will still remain, but if you have exceeded the storage limits of a standard member account (50 MB), you may be unable to load more attachments. And remember ... all images loaded to posts (regardless of your membership status) must meet the size requirement above. If they are larger, they will fail to load.

How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between [IMG] tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.

You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here in a photo gallery.

To do this: Paste the url of the image from our photo gallery into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):

[IMG]url here[/IMG]

The image will appear where the url was in your text.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:26 PM   #1530

See next post to id old TT.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:27 PM   #1531

Quote:
Originally Posted by davendeb View Post
i'm trying to id this old one. It says worldwide on the side. Any guesses out there?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140306_192750.png
Views:	265
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	57651
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:25 AM   #1532

I remember a "World Wide" brand from the 70's. It was a higher end coach. Much nicer construction than the Fleetwood coaches for example, but certainly no Airstream. They may have been built by Holiday Rambler, but not sure on that.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:38 AM   #1533

oldie but goodie

Hello there, Im new to here and I think we need to get our old dodges back on the road not just on these forums.

I just aquired a 1973 22' shasta on a dodge b300 chasis she is awsome.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CAM00286.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	428.1 KB
ID:	58635  
diginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #1534

Shasta always made cool stuff
Old 04-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #1535

ramit98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #1536

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramit98 View Post
Nice, straight looking old rig, Ramit98. Care to share some more info about it, more pics???
bryguymi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:01 AM   #1537

well let see its a 1984 itasca chevy drivetrain i just bought it as havent had a good chance to go over it yet but its clean clean it was stored indoors all it life so i am told i am hopeing it flies through saftey
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	59899   Click image for larger version

Name:	33.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	59900  

Name:	09.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	59901  
ramit98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:14 AM   #1538

One thing you will like about it is the flat windshield glass. Much less expensive!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:17 AM   #1539

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramit98 View Post
well let see its a 1984 itasca chevy drivetrain i just bought it as havent had a good chance to go over it yet but its clean clean it was stored indoors all it life so i am told i am hopeing it flies through saftey
Wow, "stored indoors", that kinda says it all. NICE! I have two vintage rigs that were stored inside all their life, and it really makes a positive difference.

That would make a great entry into Tin Can Tourists, and would be greatly appreciated for it's originality and vintage condition.
bryguymi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:27 AM   #1540

Sweet!!